Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post

Looking more and more like that's what's going to happen. The Warriors are playing in an empty venue tonight. The Penguins will play in front of no fans tomorrow. The NBA is looking to postpone the season. Division 1 March Madness will shrink to smaller arenas with only essential people allowed in to watch. Colleges are extending spring breaks and going to all online classes ... and then there's IUP, which as of this typing, will continue business as usual on Monday when classes resume after spring break.

Comment

I feel badly for you guys.

It won't change how I'm watching it, but still. A damn shame.

Comment

Comment

Can wait to watch a Regional on Live Stats. Lol.

No pressure on this video feed, IUP.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
            I feel badly for you guys.

It won't change how I'm watching it, but still. A damn shame.
            When the Warriors made their announcement, I knew it would just be a matter of time before what happened today happened.

Sports leagues are all copy cats. Every league or organization that did what they did today was thinking about that for a while now. It simply took one team to pull the trigger on it.

Comment

Stupid!

Comment

Comment

Well ... the show goes on.

The ball is tipping off Friday night -- like it or not.

It is what it is ... still gotta take care of business.

What will feel like an organized scrimmage is actually an NCAA Tournament game. We'll see which teams handle it the best.

Nobody wants to play in an empty venue but strictly basketball-wise it is a break for WSSU and VSU. The KCAC and ASRC are the two toughest venues to play inside in the Atlantic. Both really get under visitors' skin.

Once the ball tips the players will be fine. It just really sucks for the host schools and fans.

Given IUP's inability to put out a watchable broadcast ... I wonder on such short notice if they could get a local station to broadcast it? I doubt it but it would be nice.

Comment

With the news of the NBA suspending their season, and knowing how all this stuff works with other leagues following suit, I'll be surprised if there's games to watch on Friday. I think this all gets cancelled. Everything. I think within a week there won't be any sports.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                      With the news of the NBA suspending their season, and knowing how all this stuff works with other leagues following suit, I'll be surprised if there's games to watch on Friday. I think this all gets cancelled. Everything. I think within a week there won't be any sports.
                      Zip it Debbie Downer!!!

Comment

Comment

By 5 p.m. tonight .... the Atlantic Regional will be over.

Comment

Heck, the Ivy League cancelled all spring sports (no baseball, softball, track, etc.).

Comment

I think there is a 50/50 chance of the games continuing. After watching ESPN last night the former NBA players all agreed that the NCAA games should be played. It will be unfair to all the hard work these kids put into craft.

What's interesting to me is why are they cancelling the tournament games? Can they just postpone the games a few weeks? I'm talking about just the NCAA tournament games. It's not like school ends in March. They could play these games in May.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

By 5 p.m. tonight .... the Atlantic Regional will be over.
                                Blown out off proportion!!! The games should be played!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X