Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACC suspends all athletics

Comment

They just canceled March Madness altogether.

D-II is going to have to follow suit.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        They just canceled March Madness altogether.

D-II is going to have to follow suit.
        I believe they cancelled everything. All winter and spring sports

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

It has a fatality rate 10 times higher than the flu??? Where is this research? Also, it effects people with weak immune systems not elderly! You feel sick, go get checked!!! Life doesn't stop and that's what people are making this out to be.
          https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/top-...in-the-us.html

Look, I know you don't like hearing what you're hearing. I don't like hearing it either. That doesn't make it false.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            PA Governor now suggesting all events cancelled
            Suggesting? If so, Now there is a real leader lol! He is is doing a political CYA for plausible deniability and visibility without upsetting anyone. issue an executive order if u are that concerned.

Comment

IUP is closed next week. Just announced.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

I believe they cancelled everything. All winter and spring sports
                Sadly, you are correct. The NCAA D-2 tourney is off. Sucks for all involved.

Sorry for IUP men and women, who worked hard all season to host the thing.

Comment

Season over

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post

Sadly, you are correct. The NCAA D-2 tourney is off. Sucks for all involved.

Sorry for IUP men and women, who worked hard all season to host the thing.
                    It's not just the hosts. All the teams.

i really hope they give these kids another year of eligibility.

Comment

I love numbers just as much as the next sports geek so I say this with a does of irony, when it comes to the numbers and extrapolating data from them, we dont have any foundation to build a credible case either way. Here's why:

1. Unlike the flu, Corona seems to effect age groups and individuals differently. On the one extreme, it kills and on the other a person has symptoms that mirror a minor cold or even seasonal allergies. Net effect is there quite possibly are hundreds of thousands of people out there that self diagnosed the sniffles as nothing more than a cold when it was Corona.

2. We lacked a method of testing for the virus until relatively recently. This lack of a reliable test means again, that there is probably a large group of people who had Corona, but never got tested and recovered just fine.

3. Grandious statements like Corona is 10 times as deadly as the flue are as a minimum built on very questionable data and at the extreme designed to show panic. First of all, which glue are we talking about? Each seasonal flu is different and their contagion and mortality rates vary wildly. So is Corona 10 times more deadly than the Spanish flu or is it 10 times more deadly that this years version which was pretty mild? Also, is it 10 times more deadly to all age groups or just certain groups?

I've seen reporters come on and say that this particular expert said that 70-80 percent of Americans will probably get Corona. Then in the next breath site the current "death rate" for the virus and do what for him appears to be a high form of math and usher forth with an "estimate" along the order of 20 million Americans will lose their life to Corona all the while ignoring that right now approx one month in, 32 Americans have died! To me that is just irresponsible journalism that is intended solely to insight panic and drive TV news ratings. Will more people die? Sadly, yes. But saying that 19.000,968 are set to die is a little far fetched...even if you can site questionable data to "prove" it.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                        I love numbers just as much as the next sports geek so I say this with a does of irony, when it comes to the numbers and extrapolating data from them, we dont have any foundation to build a credible case either way. Here's why:

1. Unlike the flu, Corona seems to effect age groups and individuals differently. On the one extreme, it kills and on the other a person has symptoms that mirror a minor cold or even seasonal allergies. Net effect is there quite possibly are hundreds of thousands of people out there that self diagnosed the sniffles as nothing more than a cold when it was Corona.

2. We lacked a method of testing for the virus until relatively recently. This lack of a reliable test means again, that there is probably a large group of people who had Corona, but never got tested and recovered just fine.

3. Grandious statements like Corona is 10 times as deadly as the flue are as a minimum built on very questionable data and at the extreme designed to show panic. First of all, which glue are we talking about? Each seasonal flu is different and their contagion and mortality rates vary wildly. So is Corona 10 times more deadly than the Spanish flu or is it 10 times more deadly that this years version which was pretty mild? Also, is it 10 times more deadly to all age groups or just certain groups?

I've seen reporters come on and say that this particular expert said that 70-80 percent of Americans will probably get Corona. Then in the next breath site the current "death rate" for the virus and do what for him appears to be a high form of math and usher forth with an "estimate" along the order of 20 million Americans will lose their life to Corona all the while ignoring that right now approx one month in, 32 Americans have died! To me that is just irresponsible journalism that is intended solely to insight panic and drive TV news ratings. Will more people die? Sadly, yes. But saying that 19.000,968 are set to die is a little far fetched...even if you can site questionable data to "prove" it.
                        As of 5:13 pm eastern time, according to the CDC, there are 39 U.S. deaths and 1,323 confirmed cases in the U.S. That's about 3% mortality rate. That is high as hell. In fact, it's about 30 times higher than influenza (over many years, many strains).

Granted, that is probably not accurate because a lot of people have it but are not reporting it, so those cases are not confirmed cases.

The media has only reported actual rates, pertinent information about the virus, and what officials say about it all. That's their job.

Please post the media "hype" because I haven't seen it. Thanks.

Comment

It's official.

It's over, Johnny.

Comment

How about Saturday night we find an outdoor court with lights and let IUP play West Liberty?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's not just the hosts. All the teams.

i really hope they give these kids another year of eligibility.
                              D1 has already announced that they will not extend eligibility to any players if they exceeded the time played limit

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

D1 has already announced that they will not extend eligibility to any players if they exceeded the time played limit
                                That's the first step, of course, but who cares what those a-holes say. This is headed for court. Guarantee it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X