Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship 80, Mansfield 79 (OT).

I can't say I'm at all surprised it played out like this, and that's no knock on the Raiders -- that's a nod of the head to Mansfield. I think they have three quality PSAC players in Woodring and the Ali brothers, and they have severely underperformed to go 5-18. They should be right with the mass in the East upper division.

Ship let a 14-point slip away in the regulation, fell down by six early in OT and stormed back, capped by a Sleva follow-up at 0:13 and a final defensive stop. Sleva finishes with 19 and 20 boards; Carlos Carter has 22. Idris Ali a game-high 23 in defeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      Ship 80, Mansfield 79 (OT).

I can't say I'm at all surprised it played out like this, and that's no knock on the Raiders -- that's a nod of the head to Mansfield. I think they have three quality PSAC players in Woodring and the Ali brothers, and they have severely underperformed to go 5-18. They should be right with the mass in the East upper division.

Ship let a 14-point slip away in the regulation, fell down by six early in OT and stormed back, capped by a Sleva follow-up at 0:13 and a final defensive stop. Sleva finishes with 19 and 20 boards; Carlos Carter has 22. Idris Ali a game-high 23 in defeat.
      For the last couple of years, it sometimes seems the worst thing Ship can do is get out to a double-digit lead in these games. They go into lengthy offensive funks and don't seem to be able to put the hammer down like the old Dustin Sleva squads could. And you can guarantee that almost every year they'll have a barn-burner either at Lock Haven or Mansfield, sometimes at both. That said, they've gutted it through enough to be in a good situation in the East. Millersville on Wednesday figures to be the usual physical war. And with a later away game with a Shepherd team they were pretty fortunate to beat at Ship, plus a season closer at Lock Haven, they've got some heavy work to do if they want to win the division.

I'm amazed that Chris Fite isn't completely white-haired after these last two seasons.

Comment

• With Robert Tucker and Josh Samec back to playing regularly for Kutztown, the Golden Bears gave Ship a tough game earlier in the week and put a big hurtin' on Lock Haven today. Opposing coaches are probably glad Kutztown has likely played its way out of the PSAC tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
          With Robert Tucker and Josh Samec back to playing regularly for Kutztown, the Golden Bears gave Ship a tough game earlier in the week and put a big hurtin' on Lock Haven today. Opposing coaches are probably glad Kutztown has likely played its way out of the PSAC tournament.
          If they had Moe and a healthy roster they may have won the East this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
            So Ship is in the situation of actually wanting East Stroudsburg to knock off Millersville this afternoon. The Marauders are on fire, though.

It's all about getting as many home tourney games as you can now.
            Now The Warriors will be rooting for Millersville Wednesday night. ESU has tiebreakers over Shippensburg and Millersville...

Comment

Last edited by Feedoggie; 02-11-2023, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If they had Moe and a healthy roster they may have won the East this year.
                True, but that's been true of a lot of squads over the past few years. You play with what you have.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Now The Warriors will be rooting for Millersville Wednesday night. ESU has tiebreakers over Shippensburg and Millersville...
                  You'll need Ship to lose two while you go 3-0 to finish the season. Certainly not out of the question. It's to get one of the top two spots and the bye, but with the way the top six in the division have been beating each other up, it's going to be a rough road for all in the tournament.

Comment

You'll need Ship to lose two while you go 3-0 to finish the season. Certainly not out of the question. It's to get one of the top two spots and the bye, but with the way the top six in the division have been beating each other up, it's going to be a rough road for all in the tournament.
                    Shippensburg has 4 games left, ESU has 3 to play. If they end up tied, ESU holds the tiebreaker. With the way the season has been going, almost anything can happen...

Comment

Shippensburg has 4 games left, ESU has 3 to play. If they end up tied, ESU holds the tiebreaker. With the way the season has been going, almost anything can happen...
                      Obvious that you have the tiebreaker. Frankly, with the talent they have it's surprising that ESU finds itself in the position it is in. Most of the games both teams have left are far from gimmes, so we'll just have to see what happens.

Comment

Obvious that you have the tiebreaker. Frankly, with the talent they have it's surprising that ESU finds itself in the position it is in. Most of the games both teams have left are far from gimmes, so we'll just have to see what happens.
                        ESU also has the tiebreaker against Millersville, giving them an advantage over those two teams... Shippensburg's opportunity is that they can get to 18 wins.

Comment

ESU also has the tiebreaker against Millersville, giving them an advantage over those two teams... Shippensburg's opportunity is that they can get to 18 wins.
                          The tiebreaker is only an advantage if ESU doesn't lose more games than Ship or Millersville. Remains to be seen. Anything could happen the way this season has gone.

Comment

See... I said the same thing...

Comment

See... I said the same thing...
                              Yes. You've said that several times. And I've acknowledged it. ESU holds the tiebreakers. Got it.

Comment

Yes. You've said that several times. And I've acknowledged it. ESU holds the tiebreakers. Got it.
                                He's looking for you to give him a cookie.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X