Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If all its new toys can play nice, the Rock will have a very strong starting group. That said, I'd be willing to bet a huge chunk of their funds will be tied up in four players. Depth will likely be an issue.
    With so many questions about IUP's roster next year, maybe the West is up for grabs and Slip is trying for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Haven't heard much about the Gates kid from Slippery Rock, either. He looked like a potential stud when Ship played them.
      He's had interest but the only offers are D3 and NAIA. Trying for low end D1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

With so many questions about IUP's roster next year, maybe the West is up for grabs and Slip is trying for it.
        It's (IUP's roster) going to go one of two ways:

(1) Joe signs three more transfers and it's likely business as usual

(2) He signs three high school players and they go in to a rebuild of sorts

To your comment, however, the West is Cal's to lose next year. They are the heavy favorite as of today. If Joe gets three studs in the portal, we'll see.

Comment

That's shocking. He had a really strong season (and at times was very good).

Comment

Well, guess he's trying to escape D2, but I'm sure there'd be some D2 interest if he doesn't catch on at D1. He'd be foolish to drop to D3.

Comment

• Nova PG to Samford

Comment

• Sunahara has 20+ offers -- including (real) Notre Dame, West Virginia and Georgia.

Comment

• Cavanaugh from Gannon is in the portal. Who is actually left from the KJ era?

PG Derrick James from Ashland to Gannon.

Comment

Cavanaugh from Gannon is in the portal. Who is actually left from the KJ era?

He was a local McDowell kid that wasn't going to play high level D2 ball anyways. He might get a few minutes at lower tier D2 schools but that's about it.

Comment

Cavanaugh from Gannon is in the portal. Who is actually left from the KJ era?

Sounds like he's keeping a couple. Or, at least asked a couple to stay.

My guess would be Demetrius Mims, Josh Omojafo and Thomas Whitley.

Gannon had a lot of talent last year. You'd never know by the record but they had some players. Mims did enter the portal but that can always be reversed.

Chris Clancey is also in the portal and unsigned. He's a very good sharpshooter but I'm not sure he'd fit in real well in that offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Sounds like he's keeping a couple. Or, at least asked a couple to stay.

My guess would be Demetrius Mims, Josh Omojafo and Thomas Whitley.

Gannon had a lot of talent last year. You'd never know by the record but they had some players. Mims did enter the portal but that can always be reversed.

Chris Clancey is also in the portal and unsigned. He's a very good sharpshooter but I'm not sure he'd fit in real well in that offense.
                        GU lost a lot but there are at least 5 supposedly hanging from what I can tell. And all but Herster are unsigned still so who knows what happens and whom he may recruit back. I doubt Mims or Clancy return, tbh. Mims is unfortunate, Clancy I'm okay with losing - there seemed to be more to the story than injuries...

Returning should be:
                        ​​​Whitley (6'6" SF, RS SO 4.4ppg, 4.5rpg)
                        Omajafo (6'5" SG, SO, 8.2ppg, 2.8 rpg)
                        Yilmaz (6'0" PG, SO, 2.5ppg, 3.2apg)
                        Evran (6'8" PF, SO, 3.9ppg, 2.8rpg)
                        Lucarotti (6'5" G, RS SO, 7.0ppg, 3.6rpg bef mid Dec injury)

Signees we know of:
                        Ernest Shelton (6'5" SG out of Father Judge, 11.2ppg, deadly 3 - committed with Jefferson, but signed NLI today)
                        Mason Bennett (6'0" PG, Canton, GA)
                        Michael Montano (6'4" SG, Hargrave Military Academy, VA)
                        Lyle Tipton (6'3" SG transfer from Geneva, PAC POTY)
                        Derrick James (5'10" PG, SO, transfer from Ashland)

That's about another 3-5 slots remaining probably? Rumors of a 6'7" kid out of Philly. I sure hope a few more big men, we have a corner market on smaller 6'4" SG at the moment 😂 Though a few of those listed heights look like folks gained about 3 inches too.
                        Last edited by TheMadLibs; 05-09-2023, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

He was a local McDowell kid that wasn't going to play high level D2 ball anyways. He might get a few minutes at lower tier D2 schools but that's about it.
                          He and his dad were all in on Fee on social media though, I was genuinely surprised by.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMadLibs View Post

He and his dad were all in on Fee on social media though, I was genuinely surprised by.
                            Fee said, "beat it." Of course player/dad were going to kiss Fee's ass. That kid won't get on another quality D2 roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMadLibs View Post

GU lost a lot but there are at least 5 supposedly hanging from what I can tell. And all but Herster are unsigned still so who knows what happens and whom he may recruit back. I doubt Mims or Clancy return, tbh. Mims is unfortunate, Clancy I'm okay with losing - there seemed to be more to the story than injuries...

Returning should be:
                              ​​​Whitley (6'6" SF, RS SO 4.4ppg, 4.5rpg)
                              Omajafo (6'5" SG, SO, 8.2ppg, 2.8 rpg)
                              Yilmaz (6'0" PG, SO, 2.5ppg, 3.2apg)
                              Evran (6'8" PF, SO, 3.9ppg, 2.8rpg)
                              Lucarotti (6'5" G, RS SO, 7.0ppg, 3.6rpg bef mid Dec injury)

Signees we know of:
                              Ernest Shelton (6'5" SG out of Father Judge, 11.2ppg, deadly 3 - committed with Jefferson, but signed NLI today)
                              Mason Bennett (6'0" PG, Canton, GA)
                              Michael Montano (6'4" SG, Hargrave Military Academy, VA)
                              Lyle Tipton (6'3" SG transfer from Geneva, PAC POTY)
                              Derrick James (5'10" PG, SO, transfer from Ashland)

That's about another 3-5 slots remaining probably? Rumors of a 6'7" kid out of Philly. I sure hope a few more big men, we have a corner market on smaller 6'4" SG at the moment 😂 Though a few of those listed heights look like folks gained about 3 inches too.

The days of what Gannon fans call 'big men' are long gone. There won't be any A'Darius Porter's walking in the door any time soon. Those types don't work in your new system.

Comment

• Using VC as the source (as we don't have have access to the actual transfer portal), the following PSAC players are still showing as unsigned:

NAME FORMER SCHOOL
                                Dylan Ahearn Slippery Rock
                                Pipeloluwa Ajayi Mercyhurst
                                Idris Ali Mansfield
                                Rashon Barron Edinboro
                                Jayson Bonnet Cal
                                Nolan Burk IUP (rumored Marietta)
                                Jameel Burton, Jr. East Stroudsburg
                                Zach Cavanagh Gannon
                                Owen Chambers Mercyhurst
                                Chris Clancy Gannon
                                Enrique Cordon IUP (rumored retired)