Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Wow, in real time it looked to me like he didn’t get the ball off in time but I assume they looked at it frame-by-frame in super slow motion before calling it good. There couldn’t have even been a full .1 on the clock. WOW!
    As said above UC got about every rebound all night except THAT one.

Comment

• Wow, what’s up with Gannon getting obliterated? Any loss in the Elite 8 isn’t really a surprise because all teams are good, but getting blown out by 34? That team was really good all year. Did they just wilt under the heat of the bright lights? Is this an indication that the region is falling behind or a blip on the radar screen?

The Gannon women were also a one-and-done, but they were at least competitive.

Comment

Wow, what’s up with Gannon getting obliterated? Any loss in the Elite 8 isn’t really a surprise because all teams are good, but getting blown out by 34? That team was really good all year. Did they just wilt under the heat of the bright lights? Is this an indication that the region is falling behind or a blip on the radar screen?

When you consider that CSUSB then got handled by Nova with relative ease, I would say that at least for this year, the Atlantic didn’t stack up with the best of the best. Maybe Cal or Charleston would’ve matched up better with CSUSB, but we’ll never know. But I think we’ve had the feeling all along that this wasn’t a banner year for the PSAC or the Atlantic. Gannon’s massive one year turnaround speaks to that. I don’t mean to discredit them at all, and we know that Crutch ball can turn things around quickly, but going from 3-23 to 32-3 is pretty wild. That probably doesn’t happen in a typical PSAC no matter how well Fee worked the portal.
        Last edited by Chuck Norris; 03-29-2024, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Wow, what’s up with Gannon getting obliterated? Any loss in the Elite 8 isn’t really a surprise because all teams are good, but getting blown out by 34? That team was really good all year. Did they just wilt under the heat of the bright lights? Is this an indication that the region is falling behind or a blip on the radar screen?

I'd be curious how often the 8 beats the 1 in the E8. I can't imagine it's very often.

Comment

• Gannon has a post on their men’s basketball page stating that the 3-23 to 32-3 turnaround is the biggest improvement in NCAA history. That’s a great story in itself. As for their women, they did lose in overtime and had chances. Chalk that one up to lack of Elite 8 experience maybe.

Matchups are important as we know and maybe the Gannon men just drew a team that was their perfect antidote. CSUSB did shoot a ridiculous percentage for the game though and obviously it didn’t carry over to the matchup with Nova.

Comment

• Barrett and Wilson / Mansfield

Essentially the whole team in the Portal

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Barrett and Wilson / Mansfield

Essentially the whole team in the Portal
                Yeah, I think that's nine guys. That has to be one of most difficult coaching jobs in D2 basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yeah, I think that's nine guys. That has to be one of most difficult coaching jobs in D2 basketball.
                  Szentesy is a good coach, too. He needs to get out of there.

He could do big things at a better school.

All he's doing now is prepping kids for their next stop.

It's actually amazing he puts somewhat competitive teams on the floor.

Comment

• This job opening at Youngstown State is interesting.

They hired out of our Region the last time.

Does anybody see any potential Atlantic coach going for the job?

D1 destination job? No. But, it is the foot in the D1 door (that leads to greener pastures).

Comment

This job opening at Youngstown State is interesting.

D1 destination job? No. But, it is the foot in the D1 door (that leads to greener pastures).
                      Calhoun came to YSU from Atlantic Region school Fairmont State.

Comment

This job opening at Youngstown State is interesting.

Well, it lead to greener pastures this time. It was a basketball wasteland before Calhoun. He worked a small miracle in his time there.

Comment

• Fantastic championship game. Minnesota State knocks off Nova with a last second three after a back and forth last several minutes

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                            Fantastic championship game. Minnesota State knocks off Nova with a last second three after a back and forth last several minutes
                            Best championship game in years!

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Calhoun came to YSU from Atlantic Region school Fairmont State.
                              Correct. I wonder if any of our top coaches may pursue the YSU opening.

Comment

Women's game was competitive but also blew a double digit lead late.

Cal State shot about 260% from 3 pt range lol but they were just overall bigger than Gannon. Heart and hustle can only get you so many boards when your biggest guy appears to be smaller than their shortest. Gannon had no rhythm offensively at any point.

Disappointed to see Nova lose, but what a great game!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X