• Show
Clear All

• Jordan Lambert / IUP

Walk-on at IUP but can shoot the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Jordan Lambert / IUP

Walk-on at IUP but can shoot the ball.
      I laughed about his fearlessness to shoot every time he got in. Obviously Joe wasn’t as amused as I was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

I laughed about his fearlessness to shoot every time he got in. Obviously Joe wasn’t as amused as I was.
        I loved when he hadn't played in 6 weeks and then Joe had to play him and Waldo in the home Cal game. Next day Joe said guys needed to be ready when called. Lol

Comment

• Dolan Waldo / IUP

What took him so long?

Comment

The team we'll never get to see evolve is (was) at Clarion.

They had a tremendous all-high school recruiting class last year. They were sophomores this year (and dealt with the injury bug). I'd have loved to see that group the next two years but they've one by one started leaving. I'd assume two more hit the portal this week (Easter and Harris).

I worry the older (ish) coaches in the league will be left behind -- 'coaching' is just a part of it now. You need a dang-near full-time computer nerd working in evaluating transfers.

I think the Lombardi/Manchel/Fite types are struggling in this area.
            Fite is not an old guy, and I think he will adjust. His roster got caught out of sync, and he paid the price. Two of the guys coming out of redshirt next year are 6-3 and 6-5, plus he has what look to be two very mobile guys coming in as freshmen who are 6-5 and 6-6. I think Whippen has another year and if Frank stays around to go with the new guys the days of an undersized roster will disappear quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if Fite brings in a couple of more big bodies as well.

Comment

I loved when he hadn't played in 6 weeks and then Joe had to play him and Waldo in the home Cal game. Next day Joe said guys needed to be ready when called. Lol
              Haha...Maybe Joe should take some of the blame for not keeping them "ready to play" by playing them over the 6 week period??

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Haha...Maybe Joe should take some of the blame for not keeping them "ready to play" by playing them over the 6 week period??
                One would think.

Comment

• Najeh Allen , 6’3” redshirt freshman from Shippensburg in portal . Rumor from good source - a lot players not happy with athletic department’s . 4 players gone and several more potentially headed to portal. Wow .

Comment

• Two more for Millersvile, now up to six. Mansfield still in the lead with seven.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
                      Two more for Millersvile, now up to six. Mansfield still in the lead with seven.
                      Just remember, it's not always a bad thing. Sometimes a good house cleaning is needed. Not all these guys are leaving on their own. Probably half are being told to move along.

Comment

Dolan Waldo / IUP

What took him so long?
                        I feel for this kid. He actually has ability and understands the game. His body is just a late development. Some kids just aren't capable of bulking up. At this level, you can't get thrown around like a rag doll.

Comment

• West Virginia State's starting forward Arthur Cox is in the portal. Wouldn't be surprising to see him land elsewhere in the region.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I feel for this kid. He actually has ability and understands the game. His body is just a late development. Some kids just aren't capable of bulking up. At this level, you can't get thrown around like a rag doll.
                            I actually wonder if he could make the transition to shooting guard.

We never got to see it but he allegedly has a very good outside shot.

He runs the floor well and obviously would go from being undersized underneath to a 6'7" matchup problem at the 3.

To stay underneath at this level he needs at least 20 more pounds on his frame.

I completely understand him leaving but I think IUP could regret this departure. They could have done some interesting things with him the next three years - perhaps in a hybrid G/F.

There's no polite way to say it but he got totally screwed this season. He easily should have played 12-14 mpg all year (pretty decent amount for a redshirt freshman).

The charade of going from opening night starter to 'final 30 seconds guy' was a travesty.

Comment

Just remember, it's not always a bad thing. Sometimes a good house cleaning is needed. Not all these guys are leaving on their own. Probably half are being told to move along.
                              The state of athletics is a now fast food nation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

The state of athletics is a now fast food nation.
                                No doubt. I think the perception is it is always the players leaving on their own.

Reality is the coaches just miss on many of the high school recruits. They aren't nearly as good at this level as their film suggested a year ago. Add to it the academic issues, legal items, etc., and I'd venture a solid percentage are essentially told to enter the Portal. If they are getting any scholarship money, that is only a one-year (at a time) thing. It gets pulled all the time.

The dead weight needs removed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X