Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MWSU

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    Women's coach Rob Edmisson resigns after seven seasons, including an MIAA championship and regional final appearance in 2016:

https://gogriffons.com/news/2019/3/2...signation.aspx

The video here is, as always, very much worth a watch.
    Wow. Didn't see this coming. I always enjoyed watching him and his teams. He has a great personality. I wish the best for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
      Wow. Didn't see this coming. I always enjoyed watching him and his teams. He has a great personality. I wish the best for him.
      Me either. Sad to see him go personally.

Comment

That brings tears to your eyes, good luck with your new endeavors, Coach!

Comment

Nice column on Coach Ed: http://www.newspressnow.com/sports/s...4593c9253.html

Comment

Former Texas Tech and UMKC head coach Candi Whitaker announced as Missouri Western's next women's basketball coach:

https://gogriffons.com/news/2019/4/1...all-coach.aspx

Comment

Former Texas Tech and UMKC head coach Candi Whitaker announced as Missouri Western's next women's basketball coach:

On paper, getting a former Big XII coach seems to be a great hire. Looking deeper, only one winning season in six years at UMKC and best record in five years at Texas Tech was 15-16.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                On paper, getting a former Big XII coach seems to be a great hire. Looking deeper, only one winning season in six years at UMKC and best record in five years at Texas Tech was 15-16.
                Just looked her up and Tex. Tech let her go in Jan of 2018. Was fired before the season was over, strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                  Obviously had she set the world on fire at D1 she wouldn't be taking a D2 job, but the team showed improvement over her time at UMKC, going from 0-15 in conference in her first full year to 6-11, 12-6, 9-9 and 11-7, and that one winning season was in her last. I'm optimistic about the hire.

Comment

It's very hard to win at UMKC.

Comment

• Re: MWSU

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                      It's very hard to win at UMKC.
                      I believe Whitaker's two postseason appearances at UMKC (WNIT and WBI) are the only ones in program history since joining the NCAA.

Comment

I wonder what kind of work her husband does that would allow him to just tag along from coaching gig to coaching gig. Maybe he has a job in KC and they won't necessarily have to move to St. Joe. Oh well, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                          I wonder what kind of work her husband does that would allow him to just tag along from coaching gig to coaching gig. Maybe he has a job in KC and they won't necessarily have to move to St. Joe. Oh well, just curious.
                          Have you ever asked that question of a male coach's wife?

Comment

Hey GrifFan what happened to the previous coach? Leave on their own or asked to leave? Hadn't heard.

Comment

Have you ever asked that question of a male coach's wife?
                              Now don't go all politically correct on me. I have a certain image to maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
                                Hey GrifFan what happened to the previous coach? Leave on their own or asked to leave? Hadn't heard.
                                On his own. A little complicated. Watch the video earlier in the thread.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X