Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: G-MAC All-Sports and Conference Business Thread

Whoa! If true that appears to be a very close call!

Comment

Originally posted by UFSwimDad View Post
      Whoa! If true that appears to be a very close call!
      Its interesting, to say the least. I've heard similar stories before. There are several parts of it that make it very believable. CU is extremely tight with Walsh and Malone. That they are identified as 2 of the 3 targets does lend credibility. Also, ODU and Urbana were very involved with NDC, CU, Walsh and Malone in the initial plan to create an All-Ohio conference. So, that specific 6-some is interesting. "Killing off the G-MAC" is interesting. Back at the time, the MEC absolutely HATED AB. It was thick. The most venomous posts were lost when the message board crashed awhile back - but I can tell you, there was no love lost for AB. Would have certain members of the MEC wanted to "kill off" AB's conference? Interesting.

Comment

I've said a lot about this topic over the last few years... I now consider it a blessing that AB (supposedly) caused the WVIAC break up. I still like a few of the MEC schools, (Glenville, Charleston, Wesleyan). I wish that Wesleyan and UC would realize there's a better fit for them elsewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
          Its interesting, to say the least. I've heard similar stories before. There are several parts of it that make it very believable. CU is extremely tight with Walsh and Malone. That they are identified as 2 of the 3 targets does lend credibility. Also, ODU and Urbana were very involved with NDC, CU, Walsh and Malone in the initial plan to create an All-Ohio conference. So, that specific 6-some is interesting. "Killing off the G-MAC" is interesting. Back at the time, the MEC absolutely HATED AB. It was thick. The most venomous posts were lost when the message board crashed awhile back - but I can tell you, there was no love lost for AB. Would have certain members of the MEC wanted to "kill off" AB's conference? Interesting.
          That's insane! One day the enemy then next , a bff!! So I am sitting here thinking about if UINDY came aboard. That would make for a very long bus ride for AB and D&E. Perhaps the MEC sees this and is reaching out? Not saying it will happen but one does not know now a days!

Comment

Originally posted by UFSwimDad View Post
            That's insane! One day the enemy then next , a bff!! So I am sitting here thinking about if UINDY came aboard. That would make for a very long bus ride for AB and D&E. Perhaps the MEC sees this and is reaching out? Not saying it will happen but one does not know now a days!
            Never mind. I put the wrong city into google maps. It's a little over six to Indy

Comment

Honestly, I wouldn't put too much faith into that thread. Some of the things they say are believable but it has way too much nonsense included.

A while ago, some posters said that the MEC had schools come to them asking to join but the MEC turned them away. Now it's turned into the MEC never went out to get schools because Jesuit screwed them over by not starting football and schools that were originally told to take a hike are asked to come back.

And throw in the continuous hate for Jesuit from every single West Lib poster and their need to make up rumors to get rid of us, it's really hard for me to believe anything they say.

Comment

Originally posted by CardinalAlum View Post
                ...And throw in the continuous hate for Jesuit from every single West Lib poster and their need to make up rumors to get rid of us, it's really hard for me to believe anything they say.
                I'm convinced that the only reason the MEC posters recently pulled a 180 on AB is because of their unified hatred of WJU.

Comment

How about some love for KWC? Took it to Bellarmine this morning, 10-2. They get either Quincy or St. Joes tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
                    How about some love for KWC? Took it to Bellarmine this morning, 10-2. They get either Quincy or St. Joes tomorrow.
                    Thank you. USI was eliminated today along with Bellarmine. Wesleyan will be ready to play either Quincy or St. Joe's.

Comment

There is a good article on NCAA.com - The article highlights the Midwest regional baseball tournament and Northwood, St. Joseph's, and KWC in particular.

Comment

Well done KWC. Kinda have to root for St Joe if you play them but good job so far!!

Comment

Yea I hope KWC wins but hard not to smile at what St. Joe is doing.

Comment

I posted on that thread. One poster said, "the G-MAC is under pressure to expand." I reminded them that the G-MAC is expanding next season and the season after that. I also posted a few other thoughts. Some members on the Football Board blasted me back in the day.

The G-MAC is going to be fine.

Comment

Northwood just beat Drury, 3-2 in the baseball Regional.

Comment

This sucks. Pumas/Panthers was the game none of us wanted to see.

May the best team win.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X