Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laker View Post
    Ole Miss fired their coach today. I wonder how much Elijah Moore had to do with that?
    10 FBS jobs open (or were open)

Arkansas: Chad Morris fired | (vacant)
    Boston College: Steve Addazio fired | (vacant)
    Florida State: Willie Taggart fired | (vacant)
    Mississippi: Matt Luke fired | (vacant)
    Missouri: Barry Odom fired | (vacant)
    New Mexico: Bob Davie resigned | (vacant)
    Old Dominion: Bobby Wilder resigned | (vacant)
    Rutgers: Chris Ash fired | Greg Schiano hired
    South Florida: Charlie Strong fired | (vacant)
    Texas-San Antonio: Frank Wilson fired | (vacant)
    UNLV: Tony Sanchez fired | (vacant)
    Washington: Chris Peterson resigned | Jimmy Lake hired
    Last edited by wscsuperfan; 12-02-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Ole Miss fired their coach today. I wonder how much Elijah Moore had to do with that?
      Straw that broke the camel's back. Luke's seat was on fire going into the game. Season ticket sales have been plummeting since his hire and next season's projections were expected to be in the 25k range. The GOB network had finally had enough. I don't know who's really calling the shots at OM, but it's not the new AD or Chancellor. A "national search committee" got them Luke, the new chancellor, and the new AD. It's amazing that the best candidates a "national search committee" could come up with was the interim head coach, interim AD, and the advisor that had been hired to develop the criteria for the chancellor search committee.
      "The educated Southerner has no use for an 'R', except at the beginning of a word." Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baDeltan View Post

Straw that broke the camel's back. Luke's seat was on fire going into the game. Season ticket sales have been plummeting since his hire and next season's projections were expected to be in the 25k range. The GOB network had finally had enough. I don't know who's really calling the shots at OM, but it's not the new AD or Chancellor. A "national search committee" got them Luke, the new chancellor, and the new AD. It's amazing that the best candidates a "national search committee" could come up with was the interim head coach, interim AD, and the advisor that had been hired to develop the criteria for the chancellor search committee.
        Sounds like a good portion of the roster is pretty upset with the decision, but that's kind of a similar issue to a lot of coaching changes

Comment

• All the FBS conference championship games:

AAC
          Cincinnati at Memphis

ACC
          at Charlotte

Clemson vs. Virginia

Big 12
          at Arlington
          Baylor vs. Oklahoma

Big Ten
          at Indianapolis

Ohio State vs. Wisconsin

C-USA
          Alabama-Birmingham at Florida Atlantic

MAC
          at Detroit

Central Michigan vs. Miami (OH)

Mountain West
          Hawaii at Boise State

Pac-12
          at Santa Clara

Oregon vs. Utah

SEC
          at Atlanta

Georgia vs. LSU

Sun Belt
          Louisiana-Lafayette at Appalachian State

Comment

• Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

Sounds like a good portion of the roster is pretty upset with the decision, but that's kind of a similar issue to a lot of coaching changes
            Can't say that I blame them. The previous administration and NCAA investigation put them all in a pretty tough situation. Luke was a real "player's coach", which probably contributed some to his dismissal. He was a likeable guy in a tough situation with a lot of players that would not have an opportunity to play elsewhere, and truly cared about the kids and the University. He was just in way over his head.
            "The educated Southerner has no use for an 'R', except at the beginning of a word." Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baDeltan View Post

Can't say that I blame them. The previous administration and NCAA investigation put them all in a pretty tough situation. Luke was a real "player's coach", which probably contributed some to his dismissal. He was a likeable guy in a tough situation with a lot of players that would not have an opportunity to play elsewhere, and truly cared about the kids and the University. He was just in way over his head.
              Really seemed like an odd hire when he got the job to begin with.

Comment

• Old Dominion coach Bobby Wilder is out

Comment

• Chris Peterson out at Washington, breaking news as he quits. He will be still at Washington in a "leadership advisory role".

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                    Chris Peterson out at Washington, breaking news as he quits. He will be still at Washington in a "leadership advisory role".
                    Defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake has been named UW's new coach.

Comment

• Wow, shocked about UW and Petersen. There are rumours that he was told to fire OC Hamden and he stepped down instead of executing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                        Wow, shocked about UW and Petersen. There are rumours that he was told to fire OC Hamden and he stepped down instead of executing.
                        Yah, I was shocked to hear that he stepped down. I look around the country and see head coaches firing assistants. Sometimes they are told that they better, other times they just cut them loose. It would be a hard thing to do.

I listened to the introduction of the Old Dominion coaches last press conference. Sounded pretty classy.

Comment

Yah, I was shocked to hear that he stepped down. I look around the country and see head coaches firing assistants. Sometimes they are told that they better, other times they just cut them loose. It would be a hard thing to do.

I listened to the introduction of the Old Dominion coaches last press conference. Sounded pretty classy.
                          Petersen has always been an OKG and loyal. I bet this plays out as that kind of scenario.

Comment

• FCS Pioneer League Jacksonville announces that they are dropping football. I'm always sad when a team drops this sport.

https://footballscoop.com/news/fcs-p...tball-program/

Comment

To those head coaches I say: It's a business. To keep an underperforming assistant coach is akin to keeping a lousy employee that doesn't produce for your company just because you like them as a person. You wouldn't see it in business, so why do it in the billion dollar industry of Division I college football? Michigan State's Mark Dantonio did this same thing and it cost him his legacy. The fan base went from deifying him to hating him the second he kept his entire massively underperforming offensive coaching staff that had cranked out a bottom of the barrel offense the last three years. Everyone but him seemed to realize the problem and the result was another 6 win season with a historically bad offense in 2019. Why allow your loyalty to someone that isn't cut out for the job to ruin your legacy as a coach?

The best coaches in the game are the ones that surround themselves with high quality assistants and they move on to other ones if someone isn't pulling their weight. Just like a good CEO is someone that ensures everyone in the room is as smart or smarter than they are to bring ideas and execution to the table that ensure the company's success.

Comment

• Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

10 FBS jobs open (or were open)

Arkansas: Chad Morris fired | (vacant)
                                Boston College: Steve Addazio fired | (vacant)
                                Florida State: Willie Taggart fired | (vacant)
                                Mississippi: Matt Luke fired | (vacant)
                                Missouri: Barry Odom fired | (vacant)
                                New Mexico: Bob Davie resigned | (vacant)
                                Old Dominion: Bobby Wilder resigned | (vacant)
                                Rutgers: Chris Ash fired | Greg Schiano hired
                                South Florida: Charlie Strong fired | (vacant)
                                Texas-San Antonio: Frank Wilson fired | (vacant)
                                UNLV: Tony Sanchez fired | (vacant)
                                Washington: Chris Peterson resigned | Jimmy Lake hired
                                Please God, set events in motion that adds Michigan State: Mark Dantonio retired, fired, or resigned - Luke Fickell or Matt Campbell hired

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X