Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I love MSU dearly, but a school that doesn't have any D1 facilities (and the Taylor Center is not a D1 facility), not enough money, and can't even process a $10 credit card transaction is not D1 ready. Sorry. If the Mavs could join the FBS, I'd sign a different tune I guess, but the U of M squashed that long ago when the playing field between the two was much more even.

On the brightside - letting Mercyhurst into a D1 conference now means Crookston and St. Cloud are eligible to be D1. Let's get them out of our conference. They'd be a great fit for the Summit League methinks.
    Taylor Center is as D1 ready as 80% of the schools that are D1. I understand your point if you are strictly judging based off the top tier cream of the crop schools that have been the big names for 100+ years sure...but having been to several D1 basketball arenas it's as nice if not better than some of the big boys gyms.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Taylor Center is as D1 ready as 80% of the schools that are D1. I understand your point if you are strictly judging based off the top tier cream of the crop schools that have been the big names for 100+ years sure...but having been to several D1 basketball arenas it's as nice if not better than some of the big boys gyms.
      No, it's not. It only seats 5k people lol. It's a great building don't get me wrong - but it would be an embarrassment to call it a D1 arena. I live near SDSU and Frost Arena is barely a D1 arena. They draw like 2,000/night to see them play Summit League teams. It's awful. Couldn't imagine calling anything smaller than that a proper D1.

I want to meet the people that are going to these games with any sort of frequency. Could you imagine watching MSU play SDSU over watching a re-run of the Big Bang Theory? Goodness.

This is what a D1 arena looks like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
        the only time they draw well is when they play cross town rival Gannon University
        According to their facilities page their gym seats 1100.
        I was at the last game GU visited MHurst they per their box score said att was 2205,
        must be written by some Freshman who never saw a high school crowd bigger than 72.
        Man, the bar to get into D1 is so low. It's absolutely embarrassing.

I think they average something like 650/night. That's horrible. I hope they get absolutely wrecked in their new conference - which shouldn't be a stretch of the imagination given how they did in the PSAC.

Comment

• This is what a proper D1 football stadium looks like for reference - should be at least a minimum of a 45k seat stadium though.

Comment

• Ferrum will be the 16th member and 7th football member of Conference Carolinas. They didn't apply to D2 this year, so they'll apply next year and avoid the year of D3 ineligibility that teams like Sul Ross State have had. https://conferencecarolinas.com/news...m-college.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
              Ferrum will be the 16th member and 7th football member of Conference Carolinas. They didn't apply to D2 this year, so they'll apply next year and avoid the year of D3 ineligibility that teams like Sul Ross State have had. https://conferencecarolinas.com/news...m-college.aspx
              Dang, I was hoping they'd pick up Christopher Newport. Is Ferrum any good?

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I mean, seems like a D1 floor at least :)
                I can't tell from this angle if the cheerleaders are mid-major or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

Dang, I was hoping they'd pick up Christopher Newport. Is Ferrum any good?
                  Is that a recruit, or a school?

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                    This is what a proper D1 football stadium looks like for reference - should be at least a minimum of a 45k seat stadium though.

At least 45k and the 7th largest by capacity are quite different. This is very top end.

Comment

I mean, seems like a D1 floor at least :)
                      I call and raise both of you.

Houston Christian "gym" in the Southland.

https://youtu.be/yvivMKIa-BU?si=pwfT8XFPRM7ZTRjT

Comment

Is that a recruit, or a school?
                        They're a public school in the Norfolk, Virginia area. They've got a decent enrollment for a D3 school, and they're very successful there, having won 3 championships in the past 3 years, including men's basketball last year. Their football program is decently competitive too. If I had to make a list of all the D3 schools most likely to move up, they'd be at the top of my list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

They're a public school in the Norfolk, Virginia area. They've got a decent enrollment for a D3 school, and they're very successful there, having won 3 championships in the past 3 years, including men's basketball last year. Their football program is decently competitive too. If I had to make a list of all the D3 schools most likely to move up, they'd be at the top of my list.
                          Yeah. I knew it was a school :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I call and raise both of you.

Houston Christian "gym" in the Southland.

https://youtu.be/yvivMKIa-BU?si=pwfT8XFPRM7ZTRjT
                            But they’re about to have the most important coach in the country at the helm! You could learn a lot from St. Doty. I suggest you pay attention. Ha

Comment

• D3 Ferrum joining Conference Carolinas. Interesting add to say the least.

Comment

At least 45k and the 7th largest by capacity are quite different. This is very top end.
                                So what I said was true - it's at least 45k, so it's a real D1 stadium. 45k should be the minimum allowed by the NCAA for D1.

If a program is only drawing 10-20k - yeesh. Kick 'em down a division or several. They're about as relevant as SMSU lol.

We're getting way off topic here - I'mma stop with the D1 talk.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X