Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crixus View Post
    If you're 30 years old or more you're supposed to be dead. See this classic movie! I was 16 when it came out and the premise gave me the creeps. :D
    Well, Farrah Fawcett was in that movie, and she is dead. And Jenny Agutter survived and ended up on Call the Midwife.

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

If you're 30 years old or more you're supposed to be dead. See this classic movie! I was 16 when it came out and the premise gave me the creeps. :D
      Just crossed the rainbow bridge a few weeks ago! I've noticed a significant change in that time lol.

Still need to see that movie, I've heard about it though. I like weird things!

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Just crossed the rainbow bridge a few weeks ago! I've noticed a significant change in that time lol.

Still need to see that movie, I've heard about it though. I like weird things!
        Logan's Run is very weird, especially for the 1970's. You can watch it for free on Tubi. https://tubitv.com/movies/100012237/logan-s-run

Here's some other good dystopian films from that decade: Rollerball, Soylent Green, A Clockwork Orange and Westworld.

Comment

• The University of Antelope Valley in Lancaster, California (home of the 26-4/19-1 Cal Pac conference champion Pioneers) has moved to the trash bin, unfortunately. They recently announced that they've gone out of business. Athletes did a fundraiser to get enough donations ($40,000) so the Men's basketball team can compete in the NAIA post season tournament beginning March 15. It would be nice if they go out with a tournament victory and hopefully more!

​​
          Last edited by crixus; 03-09-2024, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• Nothing confirmed yet ofc, but it seems like the NEC will continue to make their downfall the NE-10s problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

Nothing confirmed yet ofc, but it seems like the NEC will continue to make their downfall the NE-10s problem
              They do need some football teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

They do need some football teams.
                "Et Tu Brute".

Congratulations laker, you are my Ides Of March poster this year. That's a compliment, not a stab in the back. :D

​​​​​

Comment

• What happened to me when I said that the term "walk off" sucks.

Comment

• Another school moving to the trash bin is Fontbonne University in St. Louis, Missouri (D3 in olympic sports and sprint football). Here's the official statement.

More from Fontbonne University

The Fontbonne University Board of Trustees has voted to declare financial exigency and cease operations after the summer 2025 term. After many years of declining enrollments and a shrinking endowment, the financial position of the university was determined to be unsustainable for the long term. The university will not admit a fall 2024 class.

Washington University of St. Louis has entered into a purchase agreement with Fontbonne University to acquire the 16-acre Clayton campus in the coming months. We are so grateful to Washington University for this partnership which will allow Fontbonne to continue to teach classes through summer 2025, said Dr. Nancy Blattner, Fontbonne University President.

This arrangement will enable as many current students as possible to complete their degrees and graduate while also providing employment for many staff and faculty. In addition, to assist students in completing their coursework on campus, the university will provide scholarships to all undergraduate students for the summer 2024 and summer 2025 sessions to cover the cost of tuition. Multiple graduation ceremonies will be held in 2024 and 2025 to celebrate student accomplishments at Fontbonne University.
                    ​​​​​​
                    Last edited by crixus; 03-19-2024, 06:25 AM.

Comment

What happened to me when I said that the term "walk off" sucks.
                      At least they stabbed you in the front…

Comment

• Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

Nothing confirmed yet ofc, but it seems like the NEC will continue to make their downfall the NE-10s problem
                        New Haven has been planning a move to D1 for a while now. They just hired a new president who was at an NAIA school and I don’t know if Sheahon Zenger (who was hired to make the move to D1) will go back to being the AD after 2 years as interim president or seek employment elsewhere. I expect the new president would be on board with a move to D1, but it may still be a bit soon since he just started and the AD situation (there’s an interim AD right now) still needs to be sorted out.

Guessing the NEC has had New Haven on speed dial for a while now. Still planning on Week 1 at Slippery Rock unless they decide to move (with absolutely no inside information, my gut tells me it won’t be this year).

Absolutely hate the 4-year probation period too. Rather stay D2 than deal with that.

No clue about what Bentley may want to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

New Haven has been planning a move to D1 for a while now. They just hired a new president who was at an NAIA school and I don’t know if Sheahon Zenger (who was hired to make the move to D1) will go back to being the AD after 2 years as interim president or seek employment elsewhere. I expect the new president would be on board with a move to D1, but it may still be a bit soon since he just started and the AD situation (there’s an interim AD right now) still needs to be sorted out.

Guessing the NEC has had New Haven on speed dial for a while now. Still planning on Week 1 at Slippery Rock unless they decide to move (with absolutely no inside information, my gut tells me it won’t be this year).

Absolutely hate the 4-year probation period too. Rather stay D2 than deal with that.

No clue about what Bentley may want to do.
                          I would think that the deadline to begin a move from D2 to D1 would have passed by now. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the NCAA increased the fees for moving from D2 to D1 (or maybe i'm confusing that with a move from FCS to FBS). Even so, it sounds like the NEC's poaching of the NE-10 in recent years is going to hurt the NE-10 in the short term, at least as far as football goes.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I would think that the deadline to begin a move from D2 to D1 would have passed by now. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the NCAA increased the fees for moving from D2 to D1 (or maybe i'm confusing that with a move from FCS to FBS). Even so, it sounds like the NEC's poaching of the NE-10 in recent years is going to hurt the NE-10 in the short term, at least as far as football goes.
                            I think you are right. I don't believe a move would be allowed for 2024-25 at this point. Could be off, but if the deadline to apply for D2 was Feb 1st then I'd have to imagine the D2 to D1 deadline was the same time.

Comment

• Pete Thamel@PeteThamel
                              Sources: UTRGV officials informed WAC officials they are leaving the WAC for the Southland Conference, a change that’s expected for the 2024-25 season. UTRGV finished last in the WAC in both men’s and women’s basketball in 2023-24. They are expected to owe the WAC $2 million.

Comment

Pete Thamel@PeteThamel
                                Sources: UTRGV officials informed WAC officials they are leaving the WAC for the Southland Conference, a change that’s expected for the 2024-25 season. UTRGV finished last in the WAC in both men’s and women’s basketball in 2023-24. They are expected to owe the WAC $2 million.
                                This came out of nowhere, crazy

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X