Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Regional Rankings

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    No question those teams have quality, and I'd definitely put them above the MEC, but I'd still look at a PSAC team as a favorite in the matchup. Home field will matter, of course, as the NE-10 champ will have a high seed and thus home field advantage. Going forward it'll be interesting to see how the NE-10 responds to the departures, especially Post.
    No doubt. As I recall Assumption took out a PSAC school last year up in New England. Slips my mind who it was.

Comment

can someone lay of the key regional games for the next two weeks that will drive the post season ranking? i only know the GMAC

11/3
      Tiffin v Hillsdale

11/10
      Hillsdale v UIndy

Comment

Originally posted by HeftyLefty View Post
        can someone lay of the key regional games for the next two weeks that will drive the post season ranking? i only know the GMAC

11/3
        Tiffin v Hillsdale

11/10
        Hillsdale v UIndy
        11/10

New Haven @ LIU-Post

West Chester @ Slippery Rock

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          No doubt. As I recall Assumption took out a PSAC school last year up in New England. Slips my mind who it was.
          Good one lmao they took out that PSAC team barely! Took a series of rare unfortunate events that may never happen again in Cal history to win by 9 on a last minute Pick six lol

Comment

Slippery Rock SID upset The Rock isn't ranked higher. Via @Rock_Athletics:

"FB: Rock with a 7-game winning streak and has already clinched the outright PSAC West title, but still not ranked. SRU listed as the first team outside the top 25 for the second week in a row. The rankings that actually matter (NCAA regional rankings) come out later today."

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
              Anyone find an IUP fan praising Slippery Rock amusing?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
                Good one lmao they took out that PSAC team barely! Took a series of rare unfortunate events that may never happen again in Cal history to win by 9 on a last minute Pick six lol
                Rare ? ? ?

- Cal v Edinboro -call passing - 22-40-4 -
                Cal v ODU 32-51-3

That "highly complex:laugh:" air raid offense that cal runs can be a turnover factory. But I guess if you throw enough Sh*t up sometimes you get lucky - even seton hill won a game with that offense.

Comment

Testy. :smile-big:

Comment

U act like they play in the Horse Shoe, there field is a middle school type stadium that holds 1200 on a awful lookong campus....IUP has slayed better teams on the road in the playoffs that's a fact......just sayin

Comment

• Re: New Regional Rankings

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                      SUPER REGION ONE
                      1 Notre Dame (OH) 9-0 9-0
                      2 New Haven 7-0 7-0
                      3 LIU Post 8-0 8-0
                      4 West Chester 8-0 8-0
                      5 Tiffin 9-0 9-0
                      6 Kutztown 7-1 7-1
                      7 Hillsdale 8-1 8-1
                      8 Slippery Rock 7-1 8-1
                      9 Ohio Dominican 7-2 7-2
                      10 Fairmont State 7-2 7-2

A reasonable adjustment for Kutztown and West Chester. I still think Slippery Rock's ticket is a win in the State Game, and they probably DO need a win against Gannon as well...
                      Another regional ranking travesty, how a team like New Haven only plays 9 D2 games compared to 11 games for others in region, don't need to be a genius that's 2 less chances to LOSE....just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                        Agreed. I try not to be one for underestimating teams from other conferences, but if I'm a PSAC team I have to feel confident playing against an MEC team or an NE-10 team just because all PSAC teams will have played teams at or above their caliber already. The bigger challenge comes from the GMAC, which is already the second-best conference in the region with a lot of potential to get better, especially if they manage to snag Ashland and/or Indy.
                        Before u make the GMAC the Big 10, both Hillsdale and Tiffin beat a bad Mercyhurst team by 4 points, enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                          Before u make the GMAC the Big 10, both Hillsdale and Tiffin beat a bad Mercyhurst team by 4 points, enough said.
                          Hey now .... you forgetting the Monsters of the Midway that play on the defensive side for Hurst ..... jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                            Hey now .... you forgetting the Monsters of the Midway that play on the defensive side for Hurst ..... jus sayin
                            And the best RB in the PSAC

Comment

Another regional ranking travesty, how a team like New Haven only plays 9 D2 games compared to 11 games for others in region, don't need to be a genius that's 2 less chances to LOSE....just sayin
                              ODU got bumped from the playoffs last year for only having 9 games...even though they outright won the GMAC and killed findlay by 20 points in the final game, Findlay went to the playoffs because they had 10 or 11 games.

Comment

U act like they play in the Horse Shoe, there field is a middle school type stadium that holds 1200 on a awful lookong campus....IUP has slayed better teams on the road in the playoffs that's a fact......just sayin
                                I just looked up where Notre Dame College plays football. Yikes. Most 6A schools here in suburban Philadelphia have *much* nicer stadiums than that thing. If SRU ends up visiting that field, I doubt our players will be intimidated.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X