Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Question. If SRU wins on Saturday, but loses in 3 weeks to CAL U, which team goes to the STATE GAME ? I know the VULCANS are out for their loss to KUTZ, but the other two would have identical overall, WEST and crossover records so what is the next deciding factor ?
    I think, if the only conference loss is to one another, iup over Cal over SRU, then the tie breaker is a coin toss I believe. Like the movie

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I think, if the only conference loss is to one another, iup over Cal over SRU, then the tie breaker is a coin toss I believe. Like the movie
      Cal's D is good enough to carry them. In particular, carry them in to SRU on a long win streak.

If Rivers is still healthy by then, it's hard to imagine Cal's current offense could keep up.

All these teams will look a lot different a month from now.

Comment

WHOOOA !!! VULCANS have a huge assignment on 11/2 @ ROCK. Really tough game so win that first before any talk of playoffs.
        Hold your horses there, did you notice where I said "There's a chance"? Cal has the talent to win out before then. They could also easily lose 2 games before that WCU game. This entire thread is based on hypotheticals, I don't know why you're taking issue with that specific one.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Hold your horses there, did you notice where I said "There's a chance"? Cal has the talent to win out before then. They could also easily lose 2 games before that WCU game. This entire thread is based on hypotheticals, I don't know why you're taking issue with that specific one.
          Guess my own insecurities showing through. Don't really have high hopes for the game at SRU which eliminates CALU. Much as WCU @ SHEP is a do or die game for the WV RAMS.

Comment

Guess my own insecurities showing through. Don't really have high hopes for the game at SRU which eliminates CALU. Much as WCU @ SHEP is a do or die game for the WV RAMS.
            I don't know that we know anything about WCU yet. We'll start to find out real quick, however, in the coming weeks.

Comment

New Haven is done. The NE-10 is a big mess right now. In other news, LIU is 0-5, with a loss to the same Wagner team that ESU beat. Not great.

I don't really see much of a path for a 2-loss MEC team to make the tournament. WVST has no D2 losses (only loss was to FCS SEMO State) but have tricky games against Charleston and Urbana before facing NDC. Lose 1 of those and they'll be on the bubble, but lose 2 and they're done.

Things are starting to look pretty interesting. The NE-10 upsets open up the bubble quite a bit.

Comment

New Haven is done. The NE-10 is a big mess right now. In other news, LIU is 0-5, with a loss to the same Wagner team that ESU beat. Not great.

I don't really see much of a path for a 2-loss MEC team to make the tournament. WVST has no D2 losses (only loss was to FCS SEMO State) but have tricky games against Charleston and Urbana before facing NDC. Lose 1 of those and they'll be on the bubble, but lose 2 and they're done.

Things are starting to look pretty interesting. The NE-10 upsets open up the bubble quite a bit.
                Region 1 is weak this year and the top teams in the country are very strong. The Region 1 winner will be easy pickings in the National Semis.

Comment

Total shot in the dark at the halfway point. PSAC--SRU, IUP, KUTZ and WCU. MEC--NDC and WVSU. GMAC--TIFFIN. NE10--??? STONEHILL and PACE??? OTHERS--???CAL U, HILLSDALE, FINDLEY,??? The questionables would move up if any of the 7 slip up. Time will tell.

Comment

Question. If SRU wins on Saturday, but loses in 3 weeks to CAL U, which team goes to the STATE GAME ? I know the VULCANS are out for their loss to KUTZ, but the other two would have identical overall, WEST and crossover records so what is the next deciding factor ?
                    3.1 TOURNAMENT FORMAT

3.1.1 Date: The Eastern and Western Division champions will compete during week 11, alternating sites between divisions (West in even years and East in odd years) to determine the PSAC champion.

3.1.2 Champions in each division will be determined by won-loss record within the division.

3.1.3 In the event of a tie between two or more teams for the division lead, the following procedure will be utilized. In the process of breaking the tie among multiple teams, if one team is eliminated from the tie, then the tiebreaking process will restart from the first step.

a. Head-to-Head Results among tied teams.
                    b. Record against teams in the division not involved in the tie starting at the top of the standings.
                    c. Overall record in mandated conference games (divisional & crossovers included)
                    d. Coin toss.

https://static.psacsports.org/custom...k/football.pdf

Comment

UPDATED Playoff Race (list keeps getting smaller):

Race for the Top Seed:

Kutztown (6-0) - Nov. 2 trip to West Chester last apparent hurdle on regular season schedule
                      West Chester (6-0) - Brutal 3-game stretch starts Saturday
                      Slippery Rock (6-0) - Late season Cal visit only thing in SRU's path to State Game
                      Notre Dame (6-0) - Oct. 26 visit from Findlay should be interesting

Control their own fate:

IUP (5-1) - Pretty clear path rest of the way
                      West Virginia State (5-1) - State gets Charleston and ND at home
                      Tiffin (5-1) - Fairly smooth path until trip to Findlay in final week
                      East Stroudsburg (5-1) - After Bloom, trips to West Chester and Shepherd await.
                      Stonehill (4-1) - Road trips to Assumption and New Haven upcoming

The Must-Win-Out Crowd:

Shepherd (4-2) - Huge game Saturday when West Chester visits.
                      Hillsdale (4-2) - Brutal path to end of season
                      Urbana (4-2) - Massive game at WV State this week.
                      Charleston (4-2) - Somewhat tough stretch run
                      Assumption (4-2) - Winning out won't be easy
                      Pace (4-2) - Next two weeks at home.
                      California (4-2) - Late trip to SRU will tell the tale
                      Findlay (4-2) - Four of final five games are tough
                      Ohio Dominican (3-2) - If healthy, should be favored in all remaining games

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        UPDATED Playoff Race (list keeps getting smaller):

Race for the Top Seed:

Kutztown (6-0) - Nov. 2 trip to West Chester last apparent hurdle on regular season schedule
                        West Chester (6-0) - Brutal 3-game stretch starts Saturday
                        Slippery Rock (6-0) - Late season Cal visit only thing in SRU's path to State Game
                        Notre Dame (6-0) - Oct. 26 visit from Findlay should be interesting

Control their own fate:

IUP (5-1) - Pretty clear path rest of the way
                        West Virginia State (5-1) - State gets Charleston and ND at home
                        Tiffin (5-1) - Fairly smooth path until trip to Findlay in final week
                        East Stroudsburg (5-1) - After Bloom, trips to West Chester and Shepherd await.
                        Stonehill (4-1) - Road trips to Assumption and New Haven upcoming

The Must-Win-Out Crowd:

Shepherd (4-2) - Huge game Saturday when West Chester visits.
                        Hillsdale (4-2) - Brutal path to end of season
                        Urbana (4-2) - Massive game at WV State this week.
                        Charleston (4-2) - Somewhat tough stretch run
                        Assumption (4-2) - Winning out won't be easy
                        Pace (4-2) - Next two weeks at home.
                        California (4-2) - Late trip to SRU will tell the tale
                        Findlay (4-2) - Four of final five games are tough
                        Ohio Dominican (3-2) - If healthy, should be favored in all remaining games
                        With two 11-0 teams and two-four 10-1 possible which of the 2 loss teams might sneak in at #5-#7 ?

Comment

Regarding 2-loss teams:

GMAC: ODU has it easiest, and if they win out they would rank above any 2-loss team from the MEC or NE-10, plus Shepherd because of H2H, but not sure that will be enough. Findlay's schedule is strong enough that they could lose another and still get consideration, but it's a long shot. I have little faith in Hillsdale. These teams all have fewer than 2 in-region losses, so additional chaos in the other conferences is beneficial to them.
                          MEC: Not bullish on either team making it. Both missed their chances to beat NDC. Urbana has the H2H, so there's that.
                          NE-10: A mess. They'll get one team, max. Atrocious non-conference looming big.
                          PSAC: If Shepherd beats WCU, the schedule really lightens up, and they could easily run the table. Cal has a good team but trips to Rock and potentially WCU are tough, if they make it they will have earned it.

If I had to pick, I would say ODU, Shepherd, and CalU have the best chances. Assumption could get in but only at the expense of Stonehill, no way both get in. Findlay just has too strong of a schedule, but if they manage to go 8-3, they'll make some 2-loss teams sweat. Everyone else is a pretender IMO.

Comment

My hope for CAL U is that some way they get past SRU and WCU wins the East. Both far less than 50/50 chances. IF those things do happen, the VULCANS would play BLOOM in place of SRU and finish at 9-2 with those losses against two playoff teams. All of this assumes that none of those involved lose in an upset and blow up everything.

Comment

My hope for CAL U is that some way they get past SRU and WCU wins the East. Both far less than 50/50 chances. IF those things do happen, the VULCANS would play BLOOM in place of SRU and finish at 9-2 with those losses against two playoff teams. All of this assumes that none of those involved lose in an upset and blow up everything.
                              I'm gonna go ahead and hope Shepherd gets back to knocking off the good teams more often then they have recently. Hopefully they get by WCU this weekend, and Kutztown takes care of WCU as well later in the year, Rams run the table and we squeeze in at the 5-7 slots to be part of the show.

Tony33 alluded to in the pick em thread and at first I was irritated, but hey he's right. Shepherd hasn't won a big game since 2016 when they won their last regional title. They lost to ND and Fairmont on the way out of the MEC, and they blew it against ODU and lost a tight one with Kutztown. Time for the trend to start bouncing the other way if they want to be taken seriously, WIN A BIG GAME.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I'm gonna go ahead and hope Shepherd gets back to knocking off the good teams more often then they have recently. Hopefully they get by WCU this weekend, and Kutztown takes care of WCU as well later in the year, Rams run the table and we squeeze in at the 5-7 slots to be part of the show.

Tony33 alluded to in the pick em thread and at first I was irritated, but hey he's right. Shepherd hasn't won a big game since 2016 when they won their last regional title. They lost to ND and Fairmont on the way out of the MEC, and they blew it against ODU and lost a tight one with Kutztown. Time for the trend to start bouncing the other way if they want to be taken seriously, WIN A BIG GAME.
                                Both teams will have that opportunity in the next few weeks. VULCANS haven't won a big one since '16. Looks like the next chance will be @SRU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X