Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two in the hunt go down. West Virginia State and West Chester both lost today.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Add Stonehill to that list.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        West Chester can only lose one more game and still be in the hunt....

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Both WVSU and STONEHILL with 2 losses are not going to get in unless they win their respective leagues. I don't think they'll be chosen over potentially 2 loss teams like SHEP, CAL U, WCU, ODU, FINDLEY or TIFFIN

Comment

IUPbigIndian with WCU n WV losses...think we move back up?

Comment

Originally posted by Ballin51 View Post
              IUPbigIndian with WCU n WV losses...think we move back up?
              Unless the C'HAWKS stumble some how, I can't see any way you fall out of a 3-4 spot.

Comment

Add East Stroudsburg to the list too.

Comment

Yikes.

Comment

Well that isn't altogether surprising. They've had some nice success and may be a significant challenge in the next few years.

Comment

Most likely the MEC and NE-10 get two bids between them, max. Leaves 5-6 bids for the PSAC and GMAC. Assuming Rock, IUP, Kutz, and the GMAC champ are 4, that leaves 1 or 2 spots for the likes of WCU, Shepherd, Cal, and the other GMAC teams.

Comment

Lot of movement in the race this weekend.

The Race for the Bye:

Kutztown (7-0) - Trip to WCU in two weeks looms large.
                        Slippery Rock (7-0) - Cal visits Nov. 2.
                        Notre Dame (7-0) - Big test looming with Findlay visit.

Controls their own fate club:

IUP (6-1) - Rest of the way should be smooth sailing.
                        Tiffin (6-1) - Only test left is at Findlay in finale
                        West Chester (6-1) - Rams aren't looking like a 6-1 team. Brutal stretch run awaits.

Run the Table Club:

Shepherd (5-2) - Should be favored the rest of the way.
                        Findlay (5-2) - Win at ND and things get real.
                        East Stroudsburg (5-2) - Warriors have dropped two straight and travel to West Chester next.
                        California (5-2) - Vulcans get a struggling Mercyhurst at home this week prior to the big trip to SRU
                        Ohio Dominican (4-2) - Should cruise rest of way
                        Urbana - Huge win over WV State. $tockett and the boys could run the table with remaining schedule.
                        West Virginia State - Season finale ND visit will tell the tale.
                        Assumption (5-2) - Next two see Stonehill and New Haven come to town.
                        Pace (5-2) - It's possible they can run the table with remaining four games. This is the team that lost to Millersville?
                        Stonehill (4-2) - Brutal final month ahead.

Comment

The Race for the Bye:

Kutztown (7-0) - Trip to WCU in two weeks looms large.} If they win at WCU they will probably play an undefeated Rock in the State game. One way or the other one of these
                          Slippery Rock (7-0) - Cal visits Nov. 2.} teams has to lose1 at least
                          Notre Dame (7-0) - Big test looming with Findlay visit.

Controls their own fate club:

IUP (6-1) - Rest of the way should be smooth sailing. } they will have to keep it together against Boro and Ship
                          Tiffin (6-1) - Only test left is at Findlay in finale } Hillsdale could be a tough game too
                          West Chester (6-1) - Rams aren't looking like a 6-1 team. Brutal stretch run awaits. -could easily lose 2 more, maybe 3 - ESU is not a gimme

Run the Table Club:

Shepherd (5-2) - Should be favored the rest of the way.} I think Shep might squeese in, do we still have the earned access for conference champs at #8 ?
                          Findlay (5-2) - Win at ND and things get real.} They have Ashland , too
                          East Stroudsburg (5-2) - Warriors have dropped two straight and travel to West Chester next. } warriors fade at leat 2 more losses
                          California (5-2) - Vulcans get a struggling Mercyhurst at home this week prior to the big trip to SRU } Three losses, maybe for with the WCU game
                          Ohio Dominican (4-2) - Should cruise rest of way } Darkhorse, keep in mind their one loss i to out of region Valdosta, sort of only 1/2 a loss
                          Urbana - Huge win over WV State. $tockett and the boys could run the table with remaining schedule.} Truman state may be tough, don't see two MEC teams getting in
                          West Virginia State - Season finale ND visit will tell the tale.
                          Assumption (5-2) - Next two see Stonehill and New Haven come to town. } Who will be the NE10 rep, or do they beat each other up, and no NE10 school gets in no one ends with
                          Pace (5-2) - It's possible they can run the table with remaining four games. This is the team that lost to Millersville?} less than 3 losses? ?
                          Stonehill (4-2) - Brutal final month ahead.}

Comment

Unless Ohio Dominican applied and got approved for an exception, they're ineligible for the playoffs since they will not have played the minimum 10 games this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                              Unless Ohio Dominican applied and got approved for an exception, they're ineligible for the playoffs since they will not have played the minimum 10 games this season.
                              Good point. Nothing I could find in their preseason releases explains why they're only playing nine games.

It makes me wonder if Stonehill and Pace are eligible, too, because all the teams in the NE-10 play one other team twice. They both have 10-game schedules, but I can't find anything that says if playing the same team twice counts as two opponents or one.

The manual only says "Play at least 10 opponents during the regular season. An institution may submit a waiver request to the football committee for its consideration if a given institution is not able to satisfy this requirement."

http://www.indianagazette.com
                              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Good point. Nothing I could find in their preseason releases explains why they're only playing nine games.

It makes me wonder if Stonehill and Pace are eligible, too, because all the teams in the NE-10 play one other team twice. They both have 10-game schedules, but I can't find anything that says if playing the same team twice counts as two opponents or one.

The manual only says "Play at least 10 opponents during the regular season. An institution may submit a waiver request to the football committee for its consideration if a given institution is not able to satisfy this requirement."

Interesting. Back in the '60s, when I was going to Ship, football season didn't get started until about 2-3 weeks into September, and we only played eight games. I can remember the Big 10 playing nine-game schedules until well into the '60s. The big schools didn't bother much with FCS-level opponents in those days. I lived near Northwestern and can remember that one season, when Ara Parseghian was coaching them, their three OOC opponents were USC, UCLA and Notre Dame.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X