Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Good point. Nothing I could find in their preseason releases explains why they're only playing nine games.

It makes me wonder if Stonehill and Pace are eligible, too, because all the teams in the NE-10 play one other team twice. They both have 10-game schedules, but I can't find anything that says if playing the same team twice counts as two opponents or one.

The manual only says "Play at least 10 opponents during the regular season. An institution may submit a waiver request to the football committee for its consideration if a given institution is not able to satisfy this requirement."

Is earned access still a thing? Hoping Shepherd can snag one of those last couple spots at 6/7 for the playoffs. Could they get bumped by EA? The ODU possibly being ineligible would be huge considering Shepherd lost head to head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Is earned access still a thing? Hoping Shepherd can snag one of those last couple spots at 6/7 for the playoffs. Could they get bumped by EA? The ODU possibly being ineligible would be huge considering Shepherd lost head to head.
      There have been several years in which the PSAC has had multiple teams in the playoffs. Depending on how the other conferences play out, I would think Shepherd would have a shot if they win out. The NE-10 is not strong this year. Millersville beat the team that currently stands second in that conference.

Comment

Is earned access still a thing?
        Yes.

http://www.indianagazette.com
        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

If Shepherd wins out, they should be in contention for a spot. The East finally has some intrigue going down the stretch. It will be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Good point. Nothing I could find in their preseason releases explains why they're only playing nine games.

It makes me wonder if Stonehill and Pace are eligible, too, because all the teams in the NE-10 play one other team twice. They both have 10-game schedules, but I can't find anything that says if playing the same team twice counts as two opponents or one.

The manual only says "Play at least 10 opponents during the regular season. An institution may submit a waiver request to the football committee for its consideration if a given institution is not able to satisfy this requirement."

e

The GNAC plays each other twice, so I would expect that the NE-10 playing each other twice will still add up to 10 games.

Comment

Notre Dame beats Findlay 24-19. Tough break for Findlay since they still have tough games coming up, I could see a path to the playoff for them with 3 losses if enough teams ahead of them lose, but definitely not with 4. But they still covered the spread in the pick 'em!

NDC may not always be impressive when they win but they get it done. A game between them and Kutztown would be fascinating; two teams good in clutch time. Could be a battle for the ages.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                Notre Dame beats Findlay 24-19. Tough break for Findlay since they still have tough games coming up, I could see a path to the playoff for them with 3 losses if enough teams ahead of them lose, but definitely not with 4. But they still covered the spread in the pick 'em!

NDC may not always be impressive when they win but they get it done. A game between them and Kutztown would be fascinating; two teams good in clutch time. Could be a battle for the ages.
                ND didn't cover !

Comment

WVSU keeps finding ways to win games (except last week). The fourth quarter today against WVWC was absolutely insane.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

ND didn't cover !
                    Findlay did, dangling antecedent got me there, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Findlay did, dangling antecedent got me there, haha.
                      I took Findlay and the 7.5 .... of course, Pitt pulled a Pitt and lost at home to Miami.

Comment

Only ASSUMPTION left in the NE10, IF they can get past NEW HAVEN and ST ANSELM. At 8-2 they may get in as league champion. At 7-3 or less no way.
                        Last edited by CALUPA69; 10-26-2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                          WVSU keeps finding ways to win games (except last week). The fourth quarter today against WVWC was absolutely insane.
                          I guess. But don't forget WVW is AWFUL.

Comment

I guess. But don't forget WVW is AWFUL.
                            WVSU has looked about as bad as a 6-1 team can look. But that doesn't change the fact that they're 6-1.

Comment

Not a whole lot of action yesterday. Most teams in the race took care of business. A couple fell out of contention for the final 7 spots.

Race for the Top Seed:

Kutztown (8-0)
                              Notre Dame (8-0)
                              Slippery Rock (8-0)

Control their own path:

IUP (7-1)
                              Tiffin (7-1)
                              West Chester (7-1)

No room for error:

Shepherd (6-2)
                              Assumption (6-2)
                              California (6-2)
                              Ohio Dominican (5-2)
                              West Virginia State (6-2)
                              Urbana (6-2)

Comment

Not a whole lot of action yesterday. Most teams in the race took care of business. A couple fell out of contention for the final 7 spots.

Race for the Top Seed:

Kutztown (8-0)
                                Notre Dame (8-0)
                                Slippery Rock (8-0)

Control their own path:

IUP (7-1)
                                Tiffin (7-1)
                                West Chester (7-1)

No room for error:

Shepherd (6-2)
                                Assumption (6-2)
                                California (6-2)
                                Ohio Dominican (5-2)
                                West Virginia State (6-2)
                                Urbana (6-2)
                                WVSU is terrible, but is 6-1 in D2 as one of the losses was FCS. ND and possibly Charleston will take care of them.

truman State will take care of Urbana.

sounds like SRU will keep cal out of it.

Fearless predicition:

1. SRU
                                2. ND
                                3. Kutztown
                                4. IUP
                                5. Assumption
                                6. ODU/tiffin (depending on odu waiver for total games)
                                7. Shepherd

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X