Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

That's the point I was trying to make. Schools like Lock Haven can't compete with the big boys by doing what the big boys do. They need to do something different. I just think for the Tripple Option or wishbone or whatever they would run, they would need to get good linemen over good skill players.

True, but we're talking about a Lock Haven program that hasn't had a winning season since I was in second grade, and I'm now 45. LHU would probably throw a parade if they had a 6-5 season. They need to start small and make annual progress. I'm not offering a plan to win a national championship. I'm suggesting a way they could be competitive instead of 1-10.
    I agree. If they could sniff .500 yearly and be competitive is all anyone could ever expect. And the wins wouldnt be vs. either the east or west big 3. 6-5 they'd have a parade. I like the idea...even if I disagree on some details. 4-7 was a big thing a few years ago....and they were beating Edinboro at the half and then lost I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Starting with the 2018-19 school year, there has been a change in the way scholarship equivalencies get reported. On old reports, there was a second column called "total accountable aid" that is not mandatory to report anymore, according to a recent D2 policy change.

The newest scholarship report does not include the "total accountable aid," so the numbers are down from where they used to be.

SRU reported 18.10 in 2017-18 and 15.36 in 2018-19.
      Why do they (PSAC) even post this bullcrap anyway? It's half the information. If you want the real story behind those poor schools out East you need the second column.

Some would be shocked with what goes on inside that second column.

Get the 'total aid numbers' and I don't think we'd call one team the walk-ons anymore. Reporting the numbers in this manner is just creative accounting b.s.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Why do they (PSAC) even post this bullcrap anyway? It's half the information. If you want the real story behind those poor schools out East you need the second column.

Some would be shocked with what goes on inside that second column.

Get the 'total aid numbers' and I don't think we'd call one team the walk-ons anymore. Reporting the numbers in this manner is just creative accounting b.s.
        You're suggesting that those schools and the PSAC lies to the NCAA. The NCAA is the one who clarified the reporting and what types of aid counts as athletic aid. The PSAC also doesn't post it anywhere. They share within the conference and it finds its way out. I imagine someone like Matt would be given the numbers if asked to prevent acrimony and wasted time using the FOI process.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Means nothing somebody has to be I. Charge...
          Bloom didn't announce an acting HC, which may mean they are looking to clean house.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

Bloom didn't announce an acting HC, which may mean they are looking to clean house.

Comment

They"re probably trying to get away from that, otherwise they would have kept the HC. When Hale retired, Darragh was named interim HC, and there was little doubt he would get the job. Not so this time.

Comment

With nothing new out of Central PA, I really fear the program is being set back in terms of recruiting to try and get it turned around.

Comment

Originally posted by BaldEagleFan View Post
                  With nothing new out of Central PA, I really fear the program is being set back in terms of recruiting to try and get it turned around.
                  Pretty much you can throw away their recruiting class for 2020 as without a HC in place by next week, they'll have nothing to sell recruits on and they also run the risk of losing current players into the transfer portal.

Comment

University was closed for 2 weeks so that slowed things down.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Pretty much you can throw away their recruiting class for 2020 as without a HC in place by next week, they'll have nothing to sell recruits on and they also run the risk of losing current players into the transfer portal.
                      Will the coach have PSAC ties?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        University was closed for 2 weeks so that slowed things down.
                        How did Bloom's AD get it done?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

How did Bloom's AD get it done?
                          Probably had all his ducks in a row before the decision was announced.

Comment

Your fears are about to become a 10 fold reality

Comment

I'm not sure how you can conclude that based on the available information. They announced the OC would be Interim HC right away. I'm sure they're recruiting.

They are no longer accepting applications so I think the process is moving forward. I'd give it a couple weeks. It's a big decision.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I'm not sure how you can conclude that based on the available information. They announced the OC would be Interim HC right away. I'm sure they're recruiting.

They are no longer accepting applications so I think the process is moving forward. I'd give it a couple weeks. It's a big decision.
                                And its a state union job so there is a negotiated procedure they agreed to follow. Edinboro has 4 finalists visiting campus very soon but it hasn't been announced. They were on a similar timeline.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X