Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Looks like a pretty good hire by LHU. I wish him luck. Good that he's a defensive guy since that's what they seem to need. It also explains why Nickell abandoned ship.

Comment

• He probably learned he didn't get the job and took a comparable opportunity elsewhere. Happened several years ago at IUP when they hired Cignetti.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
        That's very interesting that Kelling would leave an up and coming Frostburg State for LHU. Frostburg State has more money at its disposal for recruiting than LHU. Facilities are pretty darn good too. I wonder if he will bring anyone over from Frostburg State with him to fill out his staff.
        According to his bio, Coach Kelling has put in his time as positional coach or coordinator since 1992, that's 27 years. I am sure he felt he could not pass up this opportunity. I think its a pretty good hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

According to his bio, Coach Kelling has put in his time as positional coach or coordinator since 1992, that's 27 years. I am sure he felt he could not pass up this opportunity. I think its a pretty good hire.
          A lot of guys were pretty good hires when they took the job. Is the school going to give him any resources or will he just be the next in a long line of failed coaches?

Comment

• Ok, so he "left the program." I'm pretty sure bailed and abandoned the ship mean the same thing. Did you ever see George Carlin's bit about euphemisms?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=george...gpTot0&plvar=0

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Ok, so he "left the program." I'm pretty sure bailed and abandoned the ship mean the same thing. Did you ever see George Carlin's bit about euphemisms?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=george...gpTot0&plvar=0
              That is a very good bit. My only point was he very well could have wanted to stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

A lot of guys were pretty good hires when they took the job. Is the school going to give him any resources or will he just be the next in a long line of failed coaches?
                I can't answer that question when it comes to providing the new coach any resources. I just know Coach Kelling played a big part in a program that still gets the last bit of crumbs left when it comes to recruiting in the state of Maryland, and they still were able to produce a winning product on the field. Not going to say the same will happen at Lock Haven, but I understand in why giving him a shot at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Happened several years ago at IUP when they hired Cignetti.
                  It did? I must have missed it.
                  http://www.indianagazette.com
                  www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

It did? I must have missed it.
                    I could be wrong but I thought that was the reason for Rogish leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I could be wrong but I thought that was the reason for Rogish leaving.
                      That was when Tepper got the job in 2006. But Rogish stayed through spring ball and left for Shepherd in the summer. In 2011, the in-house candidate when Curt Cignetti got the job was Tort, and obviously he's still here.
                      http://www.indianagazette.com
                      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• https://www.lockhaven.com/sports/loc...tball-program/

Comment

• Just seen on Facebook:

"Elco grad Kyle Knight announced on Instagram Tuesday that he will be transferring from Lock Haven to Clarion."

So, the starting QB jumped ship.

Comment

• Wow that's a hurt piece to have a HC named and right afterwards the starting QB who actually put up decent numbers bail out to a fellow conference school.

Comment

• Well, his OC left and they hired a DC as HC. Clarion needs a solid QB and is coached by a former QB. I understand his thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                                Wow that's a hurt piece to have a HC named and right afterwards the starting QB who actually put up decent numbers bail out to a fellow conference school.
                                Keep in mind that LH had 2 QB's and they rotated in their up-tempo offense. The other is Ethan Persa who started in 2018 when Knight was out all year. I think Persa could be better in a more traditional offense. They are both in the same class, rising RS-Jr's. Plus, if he stays, they had a pretty good freshman on the roster in Ocker.

I'm not in the business of telling these kids what to do but I think Knight could be making a mistake when you consider the big picture. I'm sure he's frustrated and believes the grass is greener on the other side. IMO, Knight is more of a RB than a QB and I think he will have to compete for his role at Clarion. The other thing I see is that he is a Sports Administration major. He will not find a Sports Administration program on LH's level at Clarion. LHU's program is better and graduates have better connections upon graduation.

Also, Jalen Jackson is mentioned as a potential transfer. He has one year of eligibility left. If he transfers to another school he might have trouble finding a place as a 6'0" TE. Just sayin',

I would anticipate players deciding to leave LH. IMO, they should make their choice carefully.

Apparently, one of the things the new coach will have to do is instill a sense of optimism for the LH program.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X