Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BaldEagleFan View Post
    With nothing new out of Central PA, I really fear the program is being set back in terms of recruiting to try and get it turned around.
    I don't think the LH program can be set back.

Remember the sage words of Bob Dylan.

When you ain't got nothin, you got nothin' to lose.

They had an extraordinarily young team. The interim coach can probably keep everybody on board as well as anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

They had an extraordinarily young team. The interim coach can probably keep everybody on board as well as anyone.
      My thoughts exactly. When you're at rock bottom ... only one way left to go.

Comment

No news out of the Haven and "Interim HC" twitter page has changed to Asst. Coach at Lake Erie College; current players and prospective recruits probably wondering?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

The interim is Gonzo! The Rolling Stones once sang GIMME SHELTER! Get in the bunker everybody.

Comment

Heard Boro has some decent candidates...

Comment

Originally posted by LHUEaglez View Post
              No news out of the Haven and "Interim HC" twitter page has changed to Asst. Coach at Lake Erie College; current players and prospective recruits probably wondering?
              This saga just continues to go from bad to worse, interim gone now, no recruiting, players in the portal. Heard the QB was in the transfer portal mode. Better hope this guy has serious PSAC recruiting connections.

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post
                Heard Boro has some decent candidates...
                Two D3 head coaches, two D2 assistants.

Comment

Originally posted by LHUEaglez View Post
                  I had no reason to question this but I did check Nickell's twitter page and, yes, apparently the interim HC is heading for Painesville, OH to be an assistant coach (even received a congratulations from former HC Taynor). The Lake Erie assistant doesn't seem like a great position so it looks like Nickell is bailing out on Lock Haven.

What does it mean?

Hopefully something official will come out of LH soon.

Comment

Source: footballscoop.comClick image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 2.00.01 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	473197
                    http://www.indianagazette.com
                    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• That's very interesting that Kelling would leave an up and coming Frostburg State for LHU. Frostburg State has more money at its disposal for recruiting than LHU. Facilities are pretty darn good too. I wonder if he will bring anyone over from Frostburg State with him to fill out his staff.

Comment

• Looks like a pretty good hire by LHU. I wish him luck. Good that he's a defensive guy since that's what they seem to need. It also explains why Nickell abandoned ship.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                          That's very interesting that Kelling would leave an up and coming Frostburg State for LHU. Frostburg State has more money at its disposal for recruiting than LHU. Facilities are pretty darn good too. I wonder if he will bring anyone over from Frostburg State with him to fill out his staff.
                          Zero Pennsylvania or PSAC Background for recruiting. Anybody think that's important?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Zero Pennsylvania or PSAC Background for recruiting. Anybody think that's important?
                            I don't think it means anything. You're just being negative.

Comment

• LHU has announced Kelling as the new HC. I expected the new President (Pignatello) up there to draw somebody in. From everything I've seen and read Pignatello is a really dynamic executive and he doesn't want to have a losing football program.

Interesting that Kelling is an alum of Minnesota State-Mankato.

https://www.golhu.com/news/2020/1/7/...all-coach.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I don't think it means anything. You're just being negative.
                                Who had IUP hired that didn't have one or the other? George Chaump, Frank Cignetti, Lou Tepper, Paul Tortorella. Guess it was important to the flagship program of the PSAC. I am positive about this.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X