Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by Iupcheerleader88 View Post
    Homer, how about Evans and Maxwell or Maxwell and Bullock, Homer you need some help you should go see a doctor.
    I mean tell me why based off of last season.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACHomer2.0 View Post
      I mean tell me why based off of last season.
      If Bullock is healthy he will kill it this year and Evans is also a total stud... Maxwell is legit. From his highlights at Ohio U, get your reading glasses and start looking at stats!!

Comment

Looks can be deceiving...just like it was last year. All of these transfers must come in and jell to become a cohesive unit. Only time will tell.

Comment

I read somewhere that Charles didn't have top end speed...that he ran a 4.7 and change. And his 3 career catches is the same as Ricky Rogers at WVU if what I saw is accurate. But if Maxwell has a big year maybe Charles does too.....or he could be lucky to hit 20 receptions. I'd bet Dreher has a bigger impact.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
            I read somewhere that Charles didn't have top end speed...that he ran a 4.7 and change. And his 3 career catches is the same as Ricky Rogers at WVU if what I saw is accurate. But if Maxwell has a big year maybe Charles does too.....or he could be lucky to hit 20 receptions. I'd bet Dreher has a bigger impact.
            Trust me when I say this, IUP will give Irvin Charles EVERY CHANCE possible to start....no matter what's his 40yds dash time or how others perform in camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Iupcheerleader88 View Post
              If Bullock is healthy he will kill it this year and Evans is also a total stud... Maxwell is legit. From his highlights at Ohio U, get your reading glasses and start looking at stats!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                In my opinion, there's still uncertainty with the defense. The middle of DL will be very young. They must eat up blocks to keep Lloyd and Amedola clean for tackles near the line of scrimmage. And like I stated earlier, the secondary is not quite settled. Is SS Shaq Jones 100% healthy ? Who can actually play the Star and Free Safety spots? As we saw last year, you can't just stick anyone in those spots and expect them to produce. I guess we shall see what happens come September.
                Yep, outside of Tilman, the D line has to prove themselves, they had a tough year last year, lets hope the young guys improve. The other thing is the play calling, and how the QB syncs with the receivers. Like always, they'll win some games easy, but for the big three/four games, they'll need to preform to expectations to win.

Comment

That known 40 time was also recorded in 2015 (when he was in high school).

That clip of him busting an 80 yard TD against Minnesota ... no chance he was running a 4.7 on that play.

Comment

While there still could be another surprise, the published roster shows a pretty good haul of imports.

Transfers for 2019:

Quinton Maxwell (QB - Ohio U)
                    Jalen Reese (QB - Toledo)

WR Irvin Charles (WR - Penn State)
                    WR Harrison Dreher (WR - Lackawanna)

Matt Guevremont (OL - Malone)
                    Josh Thornton (OL - Lock Haven)

Nazir Streater (DB - LIU Post)
                    Tevaul Brown (DB - Robert Morris)
                    Donte Terry (DB - Albany)
                    Mike Nash (DB - Youngstown State)
                    Kirby Ames (DB - Robert Morris)

Then, the addition from within of players returning after missing last season:

RB Duane Brown
                    RB Malik Anderson
                    WR Trey Kilgore

It sure appears to be a pretty good haul of imported talent for Tort this off-season. A lot of those guys are pretty decorated players. Streater was an All-NE-10 DB. Guevermont (6'4", 335 lbs) had accolades at Malone.

We'll see how they work out but it appears to be a good class.
                    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 08-06-2019, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      While there still could be another surprise, the published roster shows a pretty good haul of imports.

Transfers for 2019:

RB Duane Brown
                      RB Malik Anderson
                      WR Trey Kilgore

It sure appears to be a pretty good haul of imported talent for Tort this off-season. A lot of those guys are pretty decorated players. Streater was an All-NEC DB. Guevermont (6'4", 335 lbs) had accolades at Malone.

And by "a lot" you mean the two guys that you named.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                        And by "a lot" you mean the two guys that you named.
                        I can list them all if that makes certain stooges feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Transfers for 2019:

RB Duane Brown
                          RB Malik Anderson
                          WR Trey Kilgore

It sure appears to be a pretty good haul of imported talent for Tort this off-season. A lot of those guys are pretty decorated players. Streater was an All-NEC DB. Guevermont (6'4", 335 lbs) had accolades at Malone.

NE-10. LIU didn't consolidate teams into the NEC until this summer. But yes, he's a good pickup. They seem to have lost a lot from teams.

Comment

• Comment

You know that Charles had a really great catch against Purdue and scored a 80 yard TD against Minnesota, this guy is gonna dangerous just sit back and watch.
                              Last edited by Iupcheerleader88; 08-06-2019, 08:02 AM.

Comment

I could not agree more with you buddy! Looking forward to September 7th!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X