Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship69
    replied
    Bottom line is currently you're much better off being vaccinated and having the booster, and the data from emergency rooms across the country is showing that. I'm past arguing about this stuff, especially on a football board, although public health has pretty much become a political football. Have a great holiday season.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

You've got to wonder at what point they'll start dropping out mid-season if their team has a bad start. Makes bowl games even less compelling. Do I really want to watch a Penn State team playing without its top offensive weapon? Questionable.
    Conversely and interestingly, this doesn't happen at the FCS level when you have a national championship within sight. Its coming out that coaches agreed to take jobs after their season was over. Star players are sticking around. Just saying.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

I honestly can't fault them. Surprised many more with 1st round grades aren't skipping out on bowl games even the CFP games as an injury can cost you dearly. Need I remind folks about Jaylin Smith a consensus top 5 pick tearing his ACL in the Fiesta Bowl and dropping down to #32 a second rounder without that 5 year added on to his contract and a loss of over 13 million dollars due to falling.
    You've got to wonder at what point they'll start dropping out mid-season if their team has a bad start. Makes bowl games even less compelling. Do I really want to watch a Penn State team playing without its top offensive weapon? Questionable.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Israel is testing the fourth shot. The concern is not that there is danger from the vaccine, but whether it will be effective.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Israel is testing the fourth shot. The concern is not that there is danger from the vaccine, but whether it will be effective.

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Penn State WR Jahan Datson and safety Jaquan Brisker have both decided to skip the Outback Bowl. The two are both projected as Round 1 players.
    I honestly can't fault them. Surprised many more with 1st round grades aren't skipping out on bowl games even the CFP games as an injury can cost you dearly. Need I remind folks about Jaylin Smith a consensus top 5 pick tearing his ACL in the Fiesta Bowl and dropping down to #32 a second rounder without that 5 year added on to his contract and a loss of over 13 million dollars due to falling.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Penn State WR Jahan Datson and safety Jaquan Brisker have both decided to skip the Outback Bowl. The two are both projected as Round 1 players.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Its starting. My office is 2 days in, 3 days out right now. 2 people who were in the office on Tuesday tested positive on Friday and now 3 more who were in last week tested positive. We're asking one person who called off sick today to get tested. We're now going back to fully remote.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Its starting. My office is 2 days in, 3 days out right now. 2 people who were in the office on Tuesday tested positive on Friday and now 3 more who were in last week tested positive. We're asking one person who called off sick today to get tested. We're now going back to fully remote.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Omicron May have more cases but the metric they need to see is how many wind up in the hospital.

They could conceivably require masks for fans at games and or limit attendance.

The Iggles coach went on Covid protocol on Wednesday and cleared on Saturday.
    My hunch is that January is going to be very messy. Not just in sports but everywhere. One of the teams I follow in the winter months is my HS wrestling team, Central Mountain. They're hoping for big things this year and are ranked 4th in PA. However, in their last two competitions, they were missing half of their starting lineup, 4 with Covid protocols and 2 with "the flu." They might be at full strength this week for the big Powerade tourney at Canon-McMillan. I think we're primed for an outbreak and it won't matter if there are fewer hospitalizations. It could be more widespread than before. I hope I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Omicron May have more cases but the metric they need to see is how many wind up in the hospital.

The PSAC (or, the schools) is already 'requiring' masks ... but not enforcing anything. At best, 15% to 20% of the crowds I've seen are complying.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'm starting to lose hope for PSAC basketball this winter. The end may be near.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Bowl season is a mess. Miami dropped out of their bowl. The Military Bowl is canceled.

I'm starting to lose hope for PSAC basketball this winter. The end may be near.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X