Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

So could the NCAA hand down sanctions against Michigan for the Bo Schembechler allegations?
    Yes because of past precedent...but they won't. Did Meatchicken State get a single sanction for what Nassar did to those young girls?

What about the sex abuse against male wrestlers at The Overrated State University. Gym Jordan looked the other way...got elected to Congress then promptly committed treason.

Then you just has a female masseur having it off with foosball players at The Overrated State University.

Nothing has been done.

What the NCAA did to the Centre County Community College Foosball Program was a travesty. Punishing the kids was stupid. It was a total rush to judgement. The school got sanctions by the NCAA long before Sandusky was put on trial. There was an agenda to take down The Nits on the field.

That was a criminal case. The po po and the court system had jurisdiction over that whole affair. Yes...some people covered it up. They had to go to jail. JoePa was rightfully fired...and the statue had to go too. If the Board of Trustees knew about what happened and was in on the coverup then we have a huge problem.

Comment

• Just when I thought this RMU hockey thing was going to die, this is big. Imagine being sued by your own employees/alumni.

Summary: a group of players/coaches/alumni have hired the guy who successfully sued the NCAA and Stanford on behalf of students, represented Tom Brady in Deflategate. Another player's dad is a powerful athletic attorney in Cleveland and is also suing. Both allege that RMU violated state law - without seeing docs hard to determine what law(s) were violated. Maybe something that RMU didn't follow its own bylaws? The only thing at face value is that they waited weeks to inform the students each week making it harder to transfer, some could have graduated instead of planning to stay for another year/season. They told players after graduation.

https://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz...s-new-lawyers/

Comment

• Reports stating Alabama QB Bryce Young is already nearing $1m this summer.

Being the Alabama QB as it turns out is a pretty good summer job.

That is incredible. It's July.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Reports stating Alabama QB Bryce Young is already nearing $1m this summer.

Being the Alabama QB as it turns out is a pretty good summer job.

That is incredible. It's July.
          Can you even imagine Manziel in this environment? Dude would have flamed out in his first big season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Can you even imagine Manziel in this environment? Dude would have flamed out in his first big season.

What a recruiting tool ... my goodness.

Comment

• Talk of Oklahoma and Texas moving to SEC (soon) gaining major buzz.

Comment

Talk of Oklahoma and Texas moving to SEC (soon) gaining major buzz.
                So the realignment would be..East-- FLA, USC, GEO, ALA, AUB, TENN, VAN, KEN and West--TEX, OKLA, ARK, OLMS, MSST, LSU, MIZZ, TAM ???

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

So the realignment would be..East-- FLA, USC, GEO, ALA, AUB, TENN, VAN, KEN and West--TEX, OKLA, ARK, OLMS, MSST, LSU, MIZZ, TAM ???
                  Big 12 can go back to the Big 8

Comment

Big 12 can go back to the Big 8
                    I'd love to see WVU join the ACC ... such a better fit.

Comment

I'd love to see WVU join the ACC ... such a better fit.

Comment

• The Big Ten might have to put their ego and wish list aside. It's going to be a race to see who pulls the trigger next between the ACC or Big Ten. One of these conferences will eventually die, and it's looking like that will be the Big 12. Notre Dame isn't going to join the ACC until they absolutely have to. And the reports right now are that ND's more comfortable with being independent now than the were before last season. There's contractual obligations for ND with the ACC that run until 2036. The only league that they can join until AFTER 2036 is the ACC. Currently, there's no indication they have any interest. In fact, they have as much said that they aren't. I would love for ND to join the league as a full member, but people aren't accurately reporting what ND has said on this matter.

Too many of these schools have egos (big surprise). Rumors have swirled that Texas A&M would consider leaving the SEC considering this Texas/OU move and that they might be a candidate for the ACC. Reports talk about about GT, UNC, and/or UVA leaving the ACC for the Big Ten. Talk of a school like UCF joining the ACC, according to reports, will piss off Florida State, and they would be open to joining the SEC.

WVU is a tremendous geographic fit for the ACC. There's likely mutual interest. However, I think that is, by comparison, a minor move in this arms race. The Pac 12 is in a tough spot given their location. I could see those Texas schools landing in that league.

Comment

• Texas and Oklahoma make it official. I admittedly have read nothing on this - what do they stand to gain? It certainly doesn't appear Missouri or Texas A&M gained anything from their move other than money. But this also spreads the money thinner than before.

Comment

Texas and Oklahoma make it official. I admittedly have read nothing on this - what do they stand to gain? It certainly doesn't appear Missouri or Texas A&M gained anything from their move other than money. But this also spreads the money thinner than before.
                            Word on the (internet) street is that OU and Texas may not be the only ones poached by the mighty SEC. There is a buzz circulating they want to be a 20-team super conference.

As for Texas and OU, it must be money. They way they both get hammered by SEC teams on the field ... makes you wonder.

Comment

• Ohio State's QB just signed a deal for $1.4 million.

Not a bad college job.

Imagine that at 19 years old.

Comment

• Pitt football gets a $20 million donation. Surprisingly I haven't seen any Pittwits griping that it should have gone toward a stadium.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X