X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

No. The State University of New Jersey remembered they suck in the second half.
    Typical "UJoisey" foosball for ya. Talk about a century and a half of mediocrity...

Leave a comment:

• TheBigCat2192
    replied
    Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Iowa's Kirk Ferentz is starting to fit that mold that ultimately did in Paterno and Bowden. Iowa's offense, if you want to call it that, has been stagnant, at best, in recent years. Someone might wanna tell the Banana Beaks that it's okay to bring a quarterback who can, you know, actually throw the ball and hire an offensive coordinator (a) whose play calling isn't offensive to watch and (b) the head coach's son.
    Ferentz was never as good as Paterno or Bowden but I do agree he’s really starting to show his age. But Ferentz is four years younger than Nick Saban which somewhat serves to support my point. When Ferentz was first hired he was actually considered to be on the cutting edge with his emphasis on S&C to get more out of less-talented players and showing that zone blocking schemes weren’t just for the pros but could be taught to college lineman too. Now he’s been out of date for almost a decade.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    OT in the Bayou
    …another field rush on Alabamastan. It’s good for college foosball for them to have a bad season by their standards.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Rutgers 17
    Michigan 14

Half

Something brewing in Jersey?
    No. The State University of New Jersey remembered they suck in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post
    Alabama got absolutely screwed!! When the LSU QB scored the TD on the last drive in OT there was a block in the back those clown officials missed!! Absolutely deplorable! I don’t understand how you can miss that call that is right in front of your face!
    You spend way too much time on official ranting. It’s part of the game now at all levels for both teams.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Crimson Hawk
    replied
    Alabama got absolutely screwed!! When the LSU QB scored the TD on the last drive in OT there was a block in the back those clown officials missed!! Absolutely deplorable! I don’t understand how you can miss that call that is right in front of your face!
    Last edited by IUP Crimson Hawk; 11-05-2022, 10:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I'm honestly shocked by the Georgia Tennessee score today.
    Enjoyed seeing the Vols get their butts kicked. Other than when they play Bama, probably about the only time I'd ever root for Georgia.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    OT in the Bayou

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Rutgers 17
    Michigan 14

Half

No.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Heavy drama in Baton Rouge

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I'm honestly shocked by the Georgia Tennessee score today.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Jimbo lost his 5th straight today. They may be stuck with him. Buyout is insane ... even by SEC standards.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Rutgers 17
    Michigan 14

Half

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

Yes. He’s shifted from a one-back style that was still heavy on single backs and even used I formations to a more shotgun happy spread-to-run and even pass-happy at times offense. It took a bit for things to mesh but the time that Lane Kiffin (of all people) spent there fundamentally changed Alabama’s offensive identity into something more “modern”. Saban’s also maintained his edge in recruiting and hired a long string of successful coordinators. Some of them were former HCs looking to rehab their images like Kiffin and Sarkisian while others were looking for their first jobs elsewhere like Smart. But the list of guys who’ve maintained elite FBS football programs deep into old age in the scholarship limit era is basically just Saban and to a lesser extent Paterno + Bowden at FSU. Guys get old, tired, or develop health issues from the stress of the job and I believe it eventually takes a toll on their on-field performance.
    Iowa's Kirk Ferentz is starting to fit that mold that ultimately did in Paterno and Bowden. Iowa's offense, if you want to call it that, has been stagnant, at best, in recent years. Someone might wanna tell the Banana Beaks that it's okay to bring a quarterback who can, you know, actually throw the ball and hire an offensive coordinator (a) whose play calling isn't offensive to watch and (b) the head coach's son.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

Some D1 message boards make ours like G-Rated. Wow.
    You're right about that, and on these boards it's usually only a couple of us flipping out at a time. On some of the D1 boards it's as if they opened the asylum and 300 wingnuts zoomed out to post on the board.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X