Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Can you show me where you saw the GV offer?
    https://twitter.com/AydenGarnes1/sta...96867870011392
    http://www.indianagazette.com
    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Thank you. That's great. GVSU is really casting a wide net this year.

Comment

• I scrolled down to see other offers. I haven't heard of a lot of the schools. Are they D3 schools in the area?

Comment

Can you show me where you saw the GV offer?
          He tweeted it on 12-8

Comment

I scrolled down to see other offers. I haven't heard of a lot of the schools. Are they D3 schools in the area?
            Ursinus and Widener are D3 near Philadelphia. Otterbein is D3 outside of Columbus, OH. Trinity International is NAIA outside of Chicago. Catholic University is D3 in DC. Alvernia, Wilkes and King's are D3 in NEPA. Gannon is Lit AF.

Comment

• Trying to follow recruiting is a maddening endeavor -- especially at the P5 level.

These kids announce their Top 15, etc.

Comment

• IUP has offered WR Judah Tomb (Central York). He also has an offer from Saint Francis and Edinboro.

Comment

• IUP has offered Terrance Glenn (McKeesport). Good size at 6'4" 210 lbs. QB/TE.

McKeesport is a football factory -- and IUP should own it. One of IUP's chief recruiters is an alumni and involved in the community.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    IUP has offered Terrance Glenn (McKeesport). Good size at 6'4" 210 lbs. QB/TE.

McKeesport is a football factory -- and IUP should own it. One of IUP's chief recruiters is an alumni and involved in the community.
                    McKeesport isn't what it once was. They do produce a few good recruits each year but that's it. I feel the same way about Penn Hills and Woodland Hills.

But they're also much closer to Cal. So IUP has to go in with the measuring tape pinned to their fly if you know what I mean. Between Cal and IUP, they should own the WPIAL between Greensburg and the Squirrel Hill Tunnel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

McKeesport isn't what it once was. They do produce a few good recruits each year but that's it. I feel the same way about Penn Hills and Woodland Hills.

But they're also much closer to Cal. So IUP has to go in with the measuring tape pinned to their fly if you know what I mean. Between Cal and IUP, they should own the WPIAL between Greensburg and the Squirrel Hill Tunnel.
                      McKeesport, of course, is home to the most-discussed player in message board history (Eddie $tockett).

He was $o money. Per some.

Comment

McKeesport, of course, is home to the most-discussed player in message board history (Eddie $tockett).

Glad to see that you mentioned this as I was just about to do so as i was scrolling down. $tockett=Money. If I am ever by chance elected as prez as the United States you probably already know who it is that I am appointing as my Secretary of the Treasury! There would be a blizzard of dollar bills flying around at the presser.

Comment

What's interesting about McKeesport is as the town declined and people moved out to the surrounding perimeter, it benefitted Woodland Hills but not East Allegheny or South Allegheny. You rarely hear about their football teams doing much or any particularly great players coming from there.

Comment

• Add West Chester to the list. Full walk-on offer.

Comment

I scrolled down to see other offers. I haven't heard of a lot of the schools. Are they D3 schools in the area?
                              Revisiting this one. Its strange that his offers are all over the map. Lots of D3, an NAIA, and some mid to high level D2. Midwest through Philly isn't a recruiting area for most kids for these schools. You might see IUP offer kids who have offers from Mount Union but none of those D3 schools are bangers. Hopefully he doesn't pay full freight to play low level FCS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Revisiting this one. Its strange that his offers are all over the map. Lots of D3, an NAIA, and some mid to high level D2. Midwest through Philly isn't a recruiting area for most kids for these schools. You might see IUP offer kids who have offers from Mount Union but none of those D3 schools are bangers. Hopefully he doesn't pay full freight to play low level FCS.
                                He just made All-State 1st Team Class 4A DB as of this morning.

It seems all the D3's came calling first and then all the D2's followed.

Whatever the case may be ... his stock is pretty hot right now down here in the bus leagues.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X