Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahahaha

Comment

• IUP has offered QB Sean Mctaggart ... 4A player of the year.

Guess will see which QB commits first (hopefully one of them).

He also has offers from Wager, East Stroudsburg and several other D2s.
      Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-21-2021, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• QB target Joey McCracken has picked up an offer from Maine.

Edit: McCracken has committed to Maine.
        Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-21-2021, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• IUP got a mention on NFL Total Access this evening in regards to former assistant Nick Sirianni (2006-08) being hired as the Iggles head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
            IUP got a mention on NFL Total Access this evening in regards to former assistant Nick Sirianni (2006-08) being hired as the Iggles head coach.
            To go from D2 WR coach to NFL HC in 12 years is incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

To go from D2 WR coach to NFL HC in 12 years is incredible.
              I was thinking that. I think it's cool that all of the reports I've read just say IUP rather than the clunky "Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP)."

Comment

• For all you conspiracy theorists out there ...

The more I think about it ... find it kind of odd IUP seems to be trying to secure a high school QB in this class.

Consider: Davis has 3 years left. Ramart has 2 years left. They also have Logan Horn, who redshirted in 2019.

Also, being they are only taking 6-8 (max) high school players this year, ... why burn one of those spots on a QB? Add to it, Tort seems to have taken a liking to adding QBs via transfer.

My guess would be, as many have felt all along, is they aren't planning to have both Davis and Ramart come August. If they do plan on having both come August, plus Horn, it seems odd to add another one in this class -- especially when you can also add a depth/emergency guy over the summer via transfer.

The high school QBs they are targeting are also (for D2) high-profile recruits -- with many, many offers to compete against. That means if they get one, it will cost them likely more than the typical freshman money.

Comment

For all you conspiracy theorists out there ...

The more I think about it ... find it kind of odd IUP seems to be trying to secure a high school QB in this class.

Consider: Davis has 3 years left. Ramart has 2 years left. They also have Logan Horn, who redshirted in 2019.

Also, being they are only taking 6-8 (max) high school players this year, ... why burn one of those spots on a QB? Add to it, Tort seems to have taken a liking to adding QBs via transfer.

My guess would be, as many have felt all along, is they aren't planning to have both Davis and Ramart come August. If they do plan on having both come August, plus Horn, it seems odd to add another one in this class -- especially when you can also add a depth/emergency guy over the summer via transfer.

The high school QBs they are targeting are also (for D2) high-profile recruits -- with many, many offers to compete against. That means if they get one, it will cost them likely more than the typical freshman money.
                  Maybe they are just trying to drive up the price and push others to use more scholarship money on them. Just a thought.

Comment

• Isaiah Houser committed to IUP to join his brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I was thinking that. I think it's cool that all of the reports I've read just say IUP rather than the clunky "Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP)."
                      On NFL Total Access they actually said the clunky Indiana University of Pennsylvania. I agree it did sound kind of clumsy. IUP just sounds more sleek.

Comment

QB is the most important position on the field. You cannot, I repeat, cannot, have too many good ones.
                        http://www.indianagazette.com
                        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

I may guess that Davis may leave as it may seem that IUP is shifting more back to its roots of a pro-style, down the field passer in the tradition of Ingold, Aliucci, Woods, Ferguson, Eyerman, Maxwell.

I think Davis was brought in during the hay day of the Lenny movement when IUP seemed to covet that black, athletic and mobile QB. ADP, Hankins, Wilkerson also come to mind. They were all good at what they brought to the table.

But since no one has seen or heard anything of IUP football since November of 2019 who really knows what their plans are?

What sort of QBs are these that you have been reading about? What sort of system do they fit into? That may tell you something about what is in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

QB is the most important position on the field. You cannot, I repeat, cannot, have too many good ones.
                            I get that, but with the incumbents having so many years left ... I just don't see a hyped up freshman standing around for 3-4 years. If they get one this year ... will he be here in two years? Seems a tough sell to get a kid to come in this year and ride pine for the foreseeable future.

I'd guarantee opposing coaches are telling this kid the same ... and that IUP has brought in two straight D1 transfers.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I may guess that Davis may leave as it may seem that IUP is shifting more back to its roots of a pro-style, down the field passer in the tradition of Ingold, Aliucci, Woods, Ferguson, Eyerman, Maxwell.

I think Davis was brought in during the hay day of the Lenny movement when IUP seemed to covet that black, athletic and mobile QB. ADP, Hankins, Wilkerson also come to mind. They were all good at what they brought to the table.

But since no one has seen or heard anything of IUP football since November of 2019 who really knows what their plans are?

What sort of QBs are these that you have been reading about? What sort of system do they fit into? That may tell you something about what is in the works.
                              They are passers first. I'd say both targets are pro-style.

Comment

I get that, but with the incumbents having so many years left ... I just don't see a hyped up freshman standing around for 3-4 years. If they get one this year ... will he be here in two years? Seems a tough sell to get a kid to come in this year and ride pine for the foreseeable future.

I'd guarantee opposing coaches are telling this kid the same ... and that IUP has brought in two straight D1 transfers.

You've got some good points, but think of the reasons players choose their schools in D2. Sometimes it's money, but usually they want to play where they know they will be part of a winning team and go to a school that has their major.

IUP lost one of its best tight ends because he wanted to change his major and IUP didn't have what he wanted. Sure, there are guys who go elsewhere because they think they will play more snaps somewhere else, but those aren't that common. I've heard of plenty of players over the years who had better offers from Gannon or Clarion or whoever, but they came to IUP because they knew at the very least they would be on a good team.

Ramart is actually the fifth straight D1 transfer QB has brought in, following Maxwell, Williams, Haslett, and Box.

Trivia: Who are the two non-transfer quarterbacks to start a game for IUP since 2010?
                                http://www.indianagazette.com
                                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X