Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Are we about a week away from seeing the full roster? What is the timeline for practice, etc?
    I don't think the team officially reports until this Friday or Saturday. Once all accounted for I suspect they post early next week.

They had a very good summer core group stay in Indiana. Always a good sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

The 2pm start may be the back-breaker for me. I will keep my eyes on this game though.
      Forget Shepherd. Kutztown's visit has me plenty nervous. Let's get that one over with (with a W) and then start thinking about the Rams.

Kutztown is bringing a really experienced and strong defense here Sept. 11.

Fantastic opener.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Forget Shepherd. Kutztown's visit has me plenty nervous. Let's get that one over with (with a W) and then start thinking about the Rams.

Kutztown is bringing a really experienced and strong defense here Sept. 11.

Fantastic opener.
        Shame IUP wouldn't schedule someone to come in on Thursday night. That place would have been CRAZY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Shame IUP wouldn't schedule someone to come in on Thursday night. That place would have been CRAZY.
          Agreed. But, that ship has sailed.

Comment

Agreed. But, that ship has sailed.
            True. I'll keep reminding you though :D

Comment

True. I'll keep reminding you though :D
              Remind Tort. Oddly they don't ask us for our opinon. Lol.

Comment

Those night games are a tricky item here. The old guard is not in favor. They pull a lot of weight in the checkbook department. Joe will never play Saturday day games but his core audience is much younger.

Going to all 2 p.m. kicks was a good start. Baby steps.

But, I hear the intramurals love those brand new stadium lights IUP put up 2-3 years ago.

If Tort wants a prom ticket he better be 10-0 or 9-1. I don't like his chances at 8-2.

Nervewracking two games to start. Tort could be 0-2. Both at Miller, but, ... tough games.

Comment

Those night games are a tricky item here. The old guard is not in favor. They pull a lot of weight in the checkbook department. Joe will never play Saturday day games but his core audience is much younger.

Going to all 2 p.m. kicks was a good start. Baby steps.

But, I hear the intramurals love those brand new stadium lights IUP put up 2-3 years ago.

If Tort wants a prom ticket he better be 10-0 or 9-1. I don't like his chances at 8-2.

Nervewracking two games to start. Tort could be 0-2. Both at Miller, but, ... tough games.
                  What's funny is that there's a 50/50 chance attendance goes down even with the 2pm start - and folks will be like "See! Told you we shouldn't have changed it!" IUP needs to put up a lighted intramural field. The band can practice on it then turn it loose at other times.

I think their SOS should be pretty good that even with 8-2 they have a decent chance of making it. Problem is that's when the lack of an 11th game is used against you.

Comment

What's funny is that there's a 50/50 chance attendance goes down even with the 2pm start - and folks will be like "See! Told you we shouldn't have changed it!" IUP needs to put up a lighted intramural field. The band can practice on it then turn it loose at other times.

I think their SOS should be pretty good that even with 8-2 they have a decent chance of making it. Problem is that's when the lack of an 11th game is used against you.
                    I don't know.

SRU is playing its first three home games at 6pm (including making East Stroudsburg play a cross-state night game).

They want the rowdy crowds up there. I'm not sure IUP does.

But, there is no doubt the later kicks are working tremendously well for SRU. Their game day atmosphere is electric.

All I know is I've sat through more lame-a$$ noon games at Miller than I can count. They needed to go away. Too dull, boring and sleepy.

The 2 p.m. gives the $65/spot tailgaiters more time. It may attract more hungover students. It should also grab some of the soccer crowd they were previously missing.

End of the day the games are entertainment and you need something people consider worth their entertainment dollars.

Us loonies on here would attend or watch at 7 a.m. But, there aren't many of us. Most want entertainment more than the game. IUP has been missing that second item for a long time. And, don't get me started on that band director.

Comment

• Comment

• Leaves a lot of time for Ghostbusters.

Comment

I don't know.

SRU is playing its first three home games at 6pm (including making East Stroudsburg play a cross-state night game).

They want the rowdy crowds up there. I'm not sure IUP does.

But, there is no doubt the later kicks are working tremendously well for SRU. Their game day atmosphere is electric.

All I know is I've sat through more lame-a$$ noon games at Miller than I can count. They needed to go away. Too dull, boring and sleepy.

The 2 p.m. gives the $65/spot tailgaiters more time. It may attract more hungover students. It should also grab some of the soccer crowd they were previously missing.

End of the day the games are entertainment and you need something people consider worth their entertainment dollars.

Us loonies on here would attend or watch at 7 a.m. But, there aren't many of us. Most want entertainment more than the game. IUP has been missing that second item for a long time. And, don't get me started on that band director.
                          Coach Tort have a reason for not having the 7pm game, correct? Was it something to do with keeping his players from getting in any trouble?

Comment

• Well, you want an atmosphere. If for no other reason IUP and SRU recruit many of the same high school kids.

You don't our visit weekend to be a funeral home. I don't think D2 does overnight visits so they don't get to show off the IUP nightlife.

A D2 school of our size ... that place should be rocking on game day.

I'd still love to see way more sports marketing ... not only IUP but the conference as a whole. We have a great product in football and basketball.

Comment

Lack of result is not proof of lack of effort.
                              http://www.indianagazette.com
                              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Lack of result is not proof of lack of effort.
                                Just some trolling. I bet they tried.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X