Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

I would say be patient. Just because it's not blasted on social media or on this forum doesn't mean there isn't talks going on.
    If they like him, I hope it works out.

But, I know one thing for sure, nothing regarding this program stays quiet for too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

I would say be patient. Just because it's not blasted on social media or on this forum doesn't mean there isn't talks going on.

Comment

• There has got to be a ton of QB's floating around. Any from D1 though probably want another D1 as of now until it's clear that won't happen for them. Another thing about the portal affecting D2 is now you dont have to go down to play right away.

One benefit I guess though is more HS talent falling to lower levels. I talked to a group of 5 coach recently and he said half of their recruiting class will be transfers now.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
          There has got to be a ton of QB's floating around. Any from D1 though probably want another D1 as of now until it's clear that won't happen for them. Another thing about the portal affecting D2 is now you dont have to go down to play right away.

One benefit I guess though is more HS talent falling to lower levels. I talked to a group of 5 coach recently and he said half of their recruiting class will be transfers now.
          HS kids are getting risky. Spend money on them and then they yap about getting redshirted. If your team stinks they leave after a year. Uncle Johnny said they're SEC quality. Retention is tough these days.

Transfer recruiting is becoming the new way of life.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

HS kids are getting risky. Spend money on them and then they yap about getting redshirted. If your team stinks they leave after a year. Uncle Johnny said they're SEC quality. Retention is tough these days.

Like Mack Brown said now you play your 2 deep because guys might not be around. Also, keeps more guys happy and more guys ready to play.

Ya, once they transfer it's harder to transfer again....a perk of getting the transfers. But as far as d2 schools there is an opportunity to get better hs kids that wouldnt of dropped before.
            Even if they leave in 3-4 years and not everyone will leave. I think with things changing one avenue for d2 is getting the better hs kids that mightve went d1 before. Those d1 scholarships basically are getting cut in half.

He also said juco's are now basically last among the transfer prospects when you can get proven 1aa guys etc and other options for immediate help when juco used to be one of the few ways to do that. Maybe juco is another opportunity for d2 more so than before too.

Comment

Comment

True, but teams will still have to recruit out of the high schools, or there will eventually not be players available to transfer. And not all players who transfer are of star quality.

Comment

• I think the earlier signing date for D1 helps a bit, too. Kids realize sooner that they aren't D1 material and don't hold out until NSD for that D1 offer that's never coming. I did see a kid choose an FBS PWO over D2 offers but I think we'll always have that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

True, but teams will still have to recruit out of the high schools, or there will eventually not be players available to transfer. And not all players who transfer are of star quality.
                    No doubt. But, in the past you may have seen a program take 20+ HS kids in one class. Now, they may take less than half that number and the rest will be imports.

There are advantages to both methods.

The PSAC issue is many of the high school kids that would have normally went to the upper-tier schools ... they don't have the spots for them coming out of high school. So, they go to the lower-tier schools for a year or two, build their resumes and then move up within the league (or, up a level).

Lot of diamonds in the low ranks of this league. As we are already seeing they quickly enter the portal and then get cherry-picked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      I think the earlier signing date for D1 helps a bit, too. Kids realize sooner that they aren't D1 material and don't hold out until NSD for that D1 offer that's never coming. I did see a kid choose an FBS PWO over D2 offers but I think we'll always have that.
                      I agree, that will never go away. But once most of those FBS PWOs don't see the field as much as they like, in due time those players will look one or two classifications lower for playing time.

Comment

• Comment

• I saw that. Doesn't everybody out of eligibility technically declare for the draft?

Comment

I saw that. Doesn't everybody out of eligibility technically declare for the draft?

Comment

• Irv should at least get in to a camp. He's a tremendous special teams player as a gunner, etc. Irv makes all the crazy difficult catches. He just had some moments with the easy ones.

Comment

• IUP Volleyball coach Julie Torbett has accepted the head spot at Chattanooga. She was in Indiana for just one season.

IUP also advertised today for a full-time assistant football coach.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X