Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The P in IUP
    replied
    This Max thing is turning into the inverse of Homer's Lenny obsession.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

Haslett was not a D1 Transfer. LOL!
    I never said he was. I said he wasn't like a typical D1 transfer. That does not mean he was a D1 transfer.

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    The thing with the two main subjects of this discussion, Max Redfield and Jim Haslett, is that they weren't just like a typical "D1 transfer" that IUP and others get. Both had the potential to be a top flight D1 player on a national level i.e. D1 All-Americans. I believe Redfield was a 5 star recruit out of HS and he was considered a potential D1 All-American at ND until he got into trouble. As for Haslett, he was a HS QB and then freakishly grew by 3 inches between his HS senior year and 1st year of college. So, he ended up at IUP as a 6'4" 230 lb. LB/DE. Had he had that growth spurt earlier in his HS career his path to college could have been much different. Consider that a few months after playing at Miller Stadium against the likes of Westminster College and Clarion, Haslett was named the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. His 2nd year he was All-Pro. He played for 6 more years but was beset with injuries during those years and didn't make All-Pro again..
    Haslett was not a D1 Transfer. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    The thing with the two main subjects of this discussion, Max Redfield and Jim Haslett, is that they weren't just like a typical "D1 transfer" that IUP and others get. Both had the potential to be a top flight D1 player on a national level i.e. D1 All-Americans. I believe Redfield was a 5 star recruit out of HS and he was considered a potential D1 All-American at ND until he got into trouble. As for Haslett, he was a HS QB and then freakishly grew by 3 inches between his HS senior year and 1st year of college. So, he ended up at IUP as a 6'4" 230 lb. LB/DE. Had he had that growth spurt earlier in his HS career his path to college could have been much different. Consider that a few months after playing at Miller Stadium against the likes of Westminster College and Clarion, Haslett was named the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. His 2nd year he was All-Pro. He played for 6 more years but was beset with injuries during those years and didn't make All-Pro again..

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Max making a terrible mistake and resurfacing down in the bus leagues ... doesn't take tremendous talent evaluation to know he's going to dominate the lower level.

It's like saying you've watched 15 years of film on Tom Brady and concluding he's a good QB.

Problem is a Max type surfaces down here about once a decade (if).

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Mrs. Redfield? Are you Max's mom?

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Go pound salt in Dirty Philly!
    You mean the only growing part of PA?

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

MAX REDFIELD. THE GAME CHANGES OVER TIME MY MAN!
    Mrs. Redfield? Are you Max's mom?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Maybe.

But, the Michael Mann team would have hung a 35 spot on Max's team.

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Roger Wilson is one who seems to get lost in history.

Same with Tim Buffone.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Football has changed with the times, so it's hard to compare eras and come up with a definitive answer. In my time, Max was one of the best ever to play defense for IUP.

So were:
    • Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
    • Joey Flora
    • Mike Borisenko
    • Andrew Battle
    • Barry Threats
    • Damon Lloyd
    • Kevin Clarke
    • Roger Wilson
    • Dondrea Tillman
    • Deandre Easterling
    • Terrance Jackson
    • Jet Tindell

Now call me a clown so I can move on.

Roger Wilson is one who seems to get lost in history.

Same with Tim Buffone.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    This reminds me. A while back, I told one of the personalities where to get quality moonshine. I was also asked if he shipped moonshine. Well, I swung by his distillery today and found out that a couple of the stores in the Eastern Panhandle sell his moonshine. You can find Mountain State Distillery moonshine at Shepherdstown Liquors in Shepherdstown and Big Apple Liquors in Inwood. I picked up the regular white lightning version and got some apple pie moonshine as well. So, have at it if any of you all want some. You can either use it to celebrate or to make you not care so much about a loss.

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

So each personality has its own home?
    Go pound salt in Dirty Philly!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X