• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Question…why doesn’t UPJ have foosball?

Is it because the main campus is blocking it?
    Regardless of what's going on at UPJ, its my impression that athletics are quite the afterthought at the Pitt branches the same way it is at most Penn State branches. The administrative culture at Pitt (and UPJ) is pretty old-fashioned so it wouldn't surprise me if they see the expenses of football and stop there instead of weighing the benefit of an extra 100 students paying tuition who would never have been there. But also UPJ may be tapped on athletic fundraising and football would be a huge burden on that.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I don't know the exact reason. They have a nice high school stadium bordering their campus (Richland).

Who knows. It's a weird vibe up there.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• badboyz8
    replied
    http://www.hudl.com/v/2GPkw7

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Didn’t work out, u must of slept through last season, SMH.
    I wasn't talking about his play on the field. We were given the impression he was going to be here for two year.

That didn't work out.

I wanted him back for this season.

Now breathe. it's ok.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Then I took a look at the team stats and notice he was 2nd on the team in rushing yards along with a team-leading 8 rushing TDs, he lead the team in all passing stats, and he caught a 16 yard TD pass. So he is quite the athlete. If he comes to Indiana Pa, I hope he cut down on his 9 INTs.
    The kid is a stud, they may lose him to a D 1 school…His tape against good competition is legit.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Dominic Carlucci has signed with IUP. He is a Stetson transfer.

6'3", 240 lbs
    TE / H-Back

He had a ton of offers. Nice landing for Team CO-OP Store.
    Yes Carlucci is a stud and they have huge plans for him.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied

The last grad transfer had two years too. That didn't work out.
    Didn’t work out, u must of slept through last season, SMH.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Then I took a look at the team stats and notice he was 2nd on the team in rushing yards along with a team-leading 8 rushing TDs, he lead the team in all passing stats, and he caught a 16 yard TD pass. So he is quite the athlete. If he comes to Indiana Pa, I hope he cut down on his 9 INTs.
    From his film I'd say he's certainly dual-threat. He can move and is a physical runner (not that a physical, running QB makes me warm and fuzzy). But, he's a big dude. Arm looks pretty good (and some stud WRs will make it better).

If they get these guys (QB and RB) ... Starting to look good for 2023.

I like this guy they got today. He's a hard-nosed, big athlete. They've already signed two stud OL. Things are looking good.

BTW, they may need some volunteers for Spring Ball. Tacking dummy types.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

6-4 is an odd height to be listed as an athlete. Usually that's the quick, athletic little guy.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Dominic Carlucci has signed with IUP. He is a Stetson transfer.

6'3", 240 lbs
    TE / H-Back

He had a ton of offers. Nice landing for Team CO-OP Store.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Well, they knew that going in with Sexton. He told them before he signed he may only play one more year and then join the workforce.

There's definitely some risk bringing in players from so far away. You may only get one year.

They didn't get this kid yet. I'm sure they are still actively chasing some other QBs.

I really like the RB from West Florida. He's from Ohio so they may have a shot at him. He's not going to come cheap. It makes me wonder if Stewart's recovery time is longer than they are leading on (Tort has already said he's likely to miss the first several games). Tort said Stewart had surgery the first week of January. The end of August will be 8 months. That's a long recovery time so I'd have to guess he had an ACL or MCL -- obviously something serious.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He went Twitter official a couple hours ago (announcing the offer).

He was here this weekend which typically increases our odds of landing him. It was a lively weekend so hopefully he had a good time.

Looks like he'd be a great addition. Hopefully Tort and the Co-Op Slingers can land him.
    Yeah...but that West Texastan stadium is sick...I mean if he goes there I couldn't blame him based on their stadium alone. Of course he'd still be stuck in the dreary landscape that is Canyon, Texastan.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    IUP has offered QB Karst Hunter, a grad transfer quarterback with two years of eligibility remaining. The 6'4" 220 lb. dual threat QB left Colorado Mesa to enter the portal. He was originally recruited by South Dakota State and listed as "athlete" for position. He stayed there for two season, the first of which he redshirted. His film is impressive. He's a physical specimen with excellent speed for his size. Very athletic. Check him out on Twitter at @karsthunter7.

His other offers so far interestingly included Duquesne locally. He has D2 offers from Midwestern State, Northern State, and West Texas A&M so far. He is from Miller, SD.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    IUP has offered QB Karst Hunter, a grad transfer quarterback with two years of eligibility remaining. The 6'4" 220 lb. dual threat QB left Colorado Mesa to enter the portal. He was originally recruited by South Dakota State and listed as "athlete" for position. He stayed there for two season, the first of which he redshirted. His film is impressive. He's a physical specimen with excellent speed for his size. Very athletic. Check him out on Twitter at @karsthunter7.

His other offers so far interestingly included Duquesne locally. He has D2 offers from Midwestern State, Northern State, and West Texas A&M so far. He is from Miller, SD.
    6-4 is an odd height to be listed as an athlete. Usually that's the quick, athletic little guy.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X