Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tort must have called a timeout (pun intended) at halftime and woke them up a bit.

Defense played well. That first TD was a whacky deflected pass that somehow went to the Ship player in stride.

On the injury front, Vaughn could be an issue. It appeared to be a ankle or foot (something down there). Danielson also has an ankle (although his seemed more a tweak).

I think IUP has a new kickoff returner. That's good. They needed a spark back there.

They had Ship's starting QB beyond frazzled there after halftime.

Good recovery win after the offense looked putrid in the first half. Running game still wasn't good. Washington returning may help. He seems more explosive than the others.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Don't worry. Be happy.

IUP will run rings around Ship. I expect everything to click today.
    I am glad you have faith in them...I do not right now.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

What a concept lol.

I'd be lying to say I'm not nervous about today. I was at the Ship debacle in '18 and the Edinboro disaster in '21.

The King of the Timeouts needs a fast start today.
    Don't worry. Be happy.

IUP will run rings around Ship. I expect everything to click today.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    I’m just glad there’s another game this week so we can quit talking about this one!

For what it’s worth, I was at a HS game last night and the scoreboard operator had timeouts wrong most of the game. Funnily enough, I was in the booth with the coaches from one team and the D coordinator continually told the guys on the sideline “The scoreboard is wrong, we only have one timeout left and they only have one left.” They were on top of it for both sides.

On to Week 3!
    What a concept lol.

I'd be lying to say I'm not nervous about today. I was at the Ship debacle in '18 and the Edinboro disaster in '21.

The King of the Timeouts needs a fast start today.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    I’m just glad there’s another game this week so we can quit talking about this one!

For what it’s worth, I was at a HS game last night and the scoreboard operator had timeouts wrong most of the game. Funnily enough, I was in the booth with the coaches from one team and the D coordinator continually told the guys on the sideline “The scoreboard is wrong, we only have one timeout left and they only have one left.” They were on top of it for both sides.

On to Week 3!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Guess it may have been a little karma from last year then. Karma never forgets.
    I could think of a lot of things to call the final 2:20 of that game.

Karma doesn't come to mind.

I do wonder if Miller will have a new scoreboard operator tomorrow. That person likely quit or got fired. Stuff rolls down hill.

Leave a comment:

• RockPride
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

No. The same scenario happened last year in the Cal/IUP game. Cal had driven down the field and was in position for a chip shot field to win the game. They were hurrying to the line to spike the ball, but somebody never was fully set. So they called either an illegal procedure or a false start penalty on Cal. Because there was a moving clock, the penalty resulted in a 10-second run off. The game ended and IUP won. Otherwise, Cal has an opportunity for a chip shot field goal to win the game.
    Correct, that's the scenario I was thinking about. The only way to save the 10 second runoff is by calling a timeout. No timeout, 10 second run off.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

No. The same scenario happened last year in the Cal/IUP game. Cal had driven down the field and was in position for a chip shot field to win the game. They were hurrying to the line to spike the ball, but somebody never was fully set. So they called either an illegal procedure or a false start penalty on Cal. Because there was a moving clock, the penalty resulted in a 10-second run off. The game ended and IUP won. Otherwise, Cal has an opportunity for a chip shot field goal to win the game.
    Guess it may have been a little karma from last year then. Karma never forgets.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Isn't that only NFL?

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by RockPride View Post

and a 10 second runoff...game would have been over.
    Isn't that only NFL?

Leave a comment:

• RockPride
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

The investigation should've been why clock wasn't stopped when IUP called the time out. It should've then IUP assessed a 15 yard penalty.
    and a 10 second runoff...game would have been over.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    Apparently there was an "investigation" after the game Saturday that extended into the week. The head official was in contact with some of the participants, trying to get their perspectives on what happened. I suppose IUP needed some sort of explanation as to why they lost a game when they didn't score more points than the opponent...
    The investigation should've been why clock wasn't stopped when IUP called the time out. It should've then IUP assessed a 15 yard penalty.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I agree. I think they need to get back to the one-game-at-a-time mentality they had last year, though.
    We're going to learn the fate of this season tomorrow. I don't care who they are playing. You'll be able to see in warm-ups tomorrow what mental state this team is in after last week.

That wasn't just simply 'one loss' as Tort has been saying. That loss (the 'how') has the potential to be a season-wrecker. We're going to see what mentality this program has tomorrow. Let's hope it was the wake-up call the entire program (coaches included) needed.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Apparently there was an "investigation" after the game Saturday that extended into the week. The head official was in contact with some of the participants, trying to get their perspectives on what happened. I suppose IUP needed some sort of explanation as to why they lost a game when they didn't score more points than the opponent...

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
    The only thing that wasn’t called ESU had 12 guys on the field during last play. Way to go psac refs, joke league.
    Learn rules. Free substitution when the ref has his arms out like he did...

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X