Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    When something bad happes in anything, the first step is to identify the problem(s). Hopefully, that can be figured out.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I’d still be surprised if Hunter returns. I really don’t want to be talking about next year when this year still has three games remaining. That’s what bad teams do. “Well, we should be really good next year.” Do we really want this same group of players returning? I saw a pretty undisciplined group on Saturday taking a pile of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. I don’t disagree that the officiating crew had a short fuse, but if you know that, shut your mouth and get back to the huddle. What kind of team are you if you think you need to talk smack with Seton Hill?!

If it’s the status quo heading into the 24’ season, this will be an 8-3 or even 7-4 team that misses the playoffs again.
    I'd love to know what happened to Tort's secondary this year. How does a whole unit regress so much from being sophomores to juniors?

I'm sure they'll blame QBs having way too much time, which coincides with Tort saying they were expecting way more out of their DEs this year.

However, that secondary has given up so many big plays ... when WRs and TEs are beyond wide open.

As you said, three more games and burn the tape of the 2023 season.

I think he will have some program defections, but that may not be a bad thing. However, I don't think too many will leave. From what I've heard, Karst is planning to stay.

They could certainly use a staff shake-up. I think sometimes the crowd quits listening to the band.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The 'read between the lines' message of the show was they'll be loaded up with seniors next year and start over. He's assuming (from his comments) all are staying aside from Stone Shugarts (graduating and not coming back).

There are just (7) seniors on the current team.

He said Karst wants to play as soon as possible. Tort also stated he thinks the OL is getting better and should be pretty good next year.

He lit up the defense pretty good on the show -- in particular the DEs and the entire secondary. He said we'll see more new faces in the secondary play this weekend and that the DL is devastated with injuries.

The best (most direct) questions came when Jack would read fan questions. Tort did pretty good re-directing them.

Other than that, the refs got bashed a good bit, more of the what if this didn't happen logic, and he made Gannon sound on par with the '85 Bears / Greatest Show on Turf Rams.

And, of course, SH didn't do anything they weren't ready for ... lol to the tune of 35 pts.

The question I'd love to have asked is why do his teams constantly stink in the first half?

I realize very few actually watched that debacle last Saturday. There were some good individual performances on offense. But, the defense was horrendous.
    I’d still be surprised if Hunter returns. I really don’t want to be talking about next year when this year still has three games remaining. That’s what bad teams do. “Well, we should be really good next year.” Do we really want this same group of players returning? I saw a pretty undisciplined group on Saturday taking a pile of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. I don’t disagree that the officiating crew had a short fuse, but if you know that, shut your mouth and get back to the huddle. What kind of team are you if you think you need to talk smack with Seton Hill?!

If it’s the status quo heading into the 24’ season, this will be an 8-3 or even 7-4 team that misses the playoffs again.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

This is a bit shocking. I thought Hunter was done for the season for sure. I don’t know that I’d want to play if I’m him. Already banged up behind that offensive line and with a 4-4 record, I think I’d be “rehabbing” the rest of the way.

I thought Nico was steadily improving and I was looking forward to seeing him continue to progress. Overall he has done a serviceable job as a backup and it would be good to have a bonafide backup on the roster going forward. I don’t see him as “the guy” down the road though.
    The 'read between the lines' message of the show was they'll be loaded up with seniors next year and start over. He's assuming (from his comments) all are staying aside from Stone Shugarts (graduating and not coming back).

There are just (7) seniors on the current team.

He said Karst wants to play as soon as possible. Tort also stated he thinks the OL is getting better and should be pretty good next year.

He lit up the defense pretty good on the show -- in particular the DEs and the entire secondary. He said we'll see more new faces in the secondary play this weekend and that the DL is devastated with injuries.

The best (most direct) questions came when Jack would read fan questions. Tort did pretty good re-directing them.

Other than that, the refs got bashed a good bit, more of the what if this didn't happen logic, and he made Gannon sound on par with the '85 Bears / Greatest Show on Turf Rams.

And, of course, SH didn't do anything they weren't ready for ... lol to the tune of 35 pts.

The question I'd love to have asked is why do his teams constantly stink in the first half?

I realize very few actually watched that debacle last Saturday. There were some good individual performances on offense. But, the defense was horrendous.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Tort said Karst's MRI came back clean and he could start the Clarion game.

Laney is done for season and likely Spring.
    This is a bit shocking. I thought Hunter was done for the season for sure. I don’t know that I’d want to play if I’m him. Already banged up behind that offensive line and with a 4-4 record, I think I’d be “rehabbing” the rest of the way.

I thought Nico was steadily improving and I was looking forward to seeing him continue to progress. Overall he has done a serviceable job as a backup and it would be good to have a bonafide backup on the roster going forward. I don’t see him as “the guy” down the road though.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tort said Karst's MRI came back clean and he could start the Clarion game.

Laney is done for season and likely Spring.

Leave a comment:

• IUsuallyPonder
    replied

A) The team was prepped and ready. They just didn't perform.

B) Officials

C) Scoreboard Operator

D) All of the above
    E) He thought they were one year away at the start of the year….

What a disappointment - just unacceptable. I can tolerate a loss, but they are absolutely getting clobbered and aren’t prepared. That’s coaching - something has to change.

#AllIn2FireTort

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Tort has to go on the air tonight and talk about losing to Seton Hill for an hour. That's not going to be an easy hour for Jack.

Obviously they can't wait for this season to end.
    Jack has to ask him bluntly what went wrong this season.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Well maybe fans should pack the place and demand answers of how in the **** he lost to Greensburg Central Catholic.
    A) The team was prepped and ready. They just didn't perform.

B) Officials

C) Scoreboard Operator

D) All of the above

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Well maybe fans should pack the place and demand answers of how in the **** he lost to Greensburg Central Catholic.
    Only us real fans care!

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Tort has to go on the air tonight and talk about losing to Seton Hill for an hour. That's not going to be an easy hour for Jack.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Only players that will be checked in will be the ones thinking they are fighting for future PT. Other than that... blah!!!

#FIRETORT

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

It's likely going to happen. It this team wasn't fully tapped out (mentally) prior to Saturday, it surely will be by practice today.

If Seton Hill smoked them for 35, Gannon may hang a 50 burger on them.
    Only players that will be checked in will be the ones thinking they are fighting for future PT. Other than that... blah!!!

#FIRETORT

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

We have higher standards. A losing season just cannot happen.
    It's likely going to happen. It this team wasn't fully tapped out (mentally) prior to Saturday, it surely will be by practice today.

If Seton Hill smoked them for 35, Gannon may hang a 50 burger on them.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    I forgot this probably puts IUP behind the 8-ball in the Dixon Trophy race.

The Home Office might need to revisit the rules.
    It might finally not be bogus this year. For once.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X