• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's all about who is still standing.

That said, Seton Hill was a very strong 6 seed. They've had some funks this year but seem to be hot at the right time.

I don't think there is much home field advantage. These games are usually played in front of about 16 spectators.

I do wonder, though, when the last time a 5 seed hosted the Super Regional. I can't imagine it happens often.
    Well they got hot enough yesterday....if they had lost the first game they were going home.

They lost to Ship in the Pee Sack tourny...they were one and done.

I hope more than 16 people show up.....there needs to be 1600 chanting IUP for three hours.

:-)

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

That said, Seton Hill was a very strong 6 seed. They've had some funks this year but seem to be hot at the right time.

I don't think there is much home field advantage. These games are usually played in front of about 16 spectators.

I do wonder, though, when the last time a 5 seed hosted the Super Regional. I can't imagine it happens often.
    I think this is pretty big. The winner gets to play in the Elite 8 tournament at the USA Baseball Complex in North Carolina.

True. Anything can happen. Injuries. People playing through injuries. I would imagine some of these guys are ready to start jobs for the summer or permanently. Some are ready to go to Summer leagues. Or just go home. Anything can happen. Should be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Were you the one who had to apply the Heimlich Nsnuever on your beisbol team.

Hosting with a 2 seed.

Only had to beat the 6 seed once to advance and host a Super Regional vs Arch Enemy off the Poconos in IUP.

Choked.

Couldn't happen to a better school.

IUP is playing with House Money….

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

2-0 is 2-0 on ANY scoreboard...
    Were you the one who had to apply the Heimlich Maneuver on your beisbol team?

Hosting with a 2 seed.

Only had to beat the 6 seed once to advance and host a Super Regional vs the Arch Enemy off the Poconos in IUP.

Choked.

Couldn't happen to a better school.

IUP is playing with House Money….
    Last edited by IUPNation; 05-20-2024, 09:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

..and who had baseball being the one hosting a regional final and not foosball or Joeball.
    Tort and Joe need to permanently erase 2024 from their memories.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    IUP is hosting
    ..and who had Beisbol being the one hosting a regional final and not foosball or Joeball.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 05-19-2024, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    IUP is hosting
    SHU was #6 seed and IUP was #5.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP is hosting

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I thought it would be at the higher seed's field. That would be IUP. No?
    Was IUP a higher seed? I guess I was thinking The Stewies would be since the took the top spot in the West. I didn’t know the seeding but how awesome if IUP is the host!!

The Stewies did lost in the first round of the Pee Sack tournament while IUP was third….and the two who net for the Pee Sack title crapped the bed on their home fields.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Hopefully a nice contingent from Indiana makes the trip to Greensburg.
    I thought it would be at the higher seed's field. That would be IUP. No?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

All-West showdown in the Super Regional next weekend. IUP vs Seton Hill.

IUP took 3 of 4 against SH earlier this year.
    Hopefully a nice contingent from Indiana makes the trip to Greensburg.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Damn. I was hoping we’d get another shot at them and beat them in the Super Regionals on their field and get another nasty gram on the scoreboard.
    All-West showdown in the Super Regional next weekend. IUP vs Seton Hill.

IUP took 3 of 4 against SH earlier this year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    SH is hammering ESU, 8-3, in the 8th.
    Damn. I was hoping we’d get another shot at them and beat them in the Super Regionals on their field and get another nasty gram on the scoreboard.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Go back to August. Not many had IUP Baseball smoking football and basketball.
    It wasn’t on my bingo card.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    IUP is now a baseball school. I am starting The IUP baseball thread. One of the great PSAC turnarounds in all sports.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X