X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

If it was homecoming related it wasn’t on campus. Not even close to campus really. I don’t know how I didn’t hear three helicopters coming in because this is .5 miles from my house and basically adjacent to Indiana High School. Reliable updates are hard to find but apparently two suspects were driving west on Route 22 (toward Pittsburgh for what it’s worth) in a gray sedan. I’m not sharing any personal descriptions because I can’t speak to the reliability of the information.
    Seems pretty late at night for a community center event to still be going on ?

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Homecoming party?
    If it was homecoming related it wasn’t on campus. Not even close to campus really. I don’t know how I didn’t hear three helicopters coming in because this is .5 miles from my house and basically adjacent to Indiana High School. Reliable updates are hard to find but apparently two suspects were driving west on Route 22 (toward Pittsburgh for what it’s worth) in a gray sedan. I’m not sharing any personal descriptions because I can’t speak to the reliability of the information.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Homecoming party?
    It was a private party. The word is it was for Philly and Pittsburgh alumni and students . Saw a post saying it was outside the building, which was very crowded. It’s ashame because the center does great work with students and dei

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    One person was killed and at least five others injured in a shooting after midnight in Indiana (not on campus). It was at a community center near the Chevy Chase section of town. Suspect is at large. It's all over the news for more details.
    Homecoming party?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    One person was killed and at least five others injured in a shooting after midnight in Indiana (not on campus). It was at a community center near the Chevy Chase section of town. Suspect is at large. It's all over the news for more details.

WPXI is reporting the victims were "college aged" but stressed it was not an IUP-sanctioned event. The shooting occured around 12:35 a.m.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

We got a new OC because the last one was arrested for felony domestic violence.
    That hire has been forgotten amidst everything going on lately. He wasn’t qualified for the job in the first place if you look at his resume, and on top of that he was a problem on and off the field. He wasn’t mature enough to handle the responsibility and he didn’t do his job well. The off the field stuff can’t be blamed on those who hired him to be fair, but that was a bad, bad hire.

Offensive coordinator is often the easiest coach for the fan base to hate on, especially when teams aren’t doing well. Locally you have the masses wanting to ship Frank Cignetti, Jr. out of Pitt and Matt Canada out of Pittsburgh. My biggest problem with Larry is the pace and what seems to be a lack of organization. They can’t get any offensive flow going because of the “check with me” approach. It cost them another delay of game yesterday (Hunter hit Ridley for the TD on the next play so you may have forgotten) as well as a timeout. They get to the line quickly in their typical spread but then wait for the guys upstairs to look at the defense and make the play call. That can be effective, but they take way too long and over think it and the offense never gets into a rhythm. That also impacts the offensive line because they have little time to identify their assignment and execute it. What’s funny is the defense makes adjustments as well so it’s not like once they line up they have to stay where they were. In my opinion this style is largely offensive coordinators outsmarting themselves. Changing the play on occasion makes sense. Standing at the line of scrimmage and watching the play clock run out while deciding on the perfect play doesn’t. It puts unnecessary pressure on everyone.

If your QB is struggling to read coverages and your offensive line is missing assignments, probably the last thing you want to do is force them to think faster by calling a play deep into the play clock.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    If IUP was playing competitive, hard-fought games it would be one thing, but I think that "deer in the headlights" effect has turned into a multi-week phenomenon. Starting with what is supposed to be the best defensive secondary in the region getting shredded on the first series of the game and then it went downhill from there.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

We got a new OC because the last one was arrested for felony domestic violence.
    But he wasn’t too good either. Everyone thought it would be an improvement, it probably was, but turns out not much of one.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It starts with the HC because he is in charge of everything but the coordinators are key when it comes to preparing for each specific team. Wasn't everybody elated when we got a new OC? How did that work out?
    We got a new OC because the last one was arrested.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-08-2023, 05:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Those same people are likely drinking beer with Tort out of a funnel tonight.

This is it under his watch. Couple good years but underachievers. That's the high-water mark.

This staff stinks. Accept it now or in a couple years.

Tort is a buddy. Not a coach. It worked in '17.

​​​​
    It starts with the HC because he is in charge of everything but the coordinators are key when it comes to preparing for each specific team. Wasn't everybody elated when we got a new OC? How did that work out?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Strangely, I recall a lot of people who know football who thought that. Not sure why but they did.

This is it under his watch.

​​​​
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-08-2023, 09:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Nobody with any football knowledge would’ve said Tort is better than Curt as a coach.
    Strangely, I recall a lot of people who know football who thought that. Not sure why but they did.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Hmmm, it wasn’t that long ago people were talking about how much better Tort was than Curt Cignetti. That 2014 season was a tough one too. But anyway, this season is a clusterf&$k, and the whole staff practically has been here forever. The last major hire was another old guy that’s been an assistant in the PSAC forever. Maybe there’s just not that fire in the belly anymore.
    Nobody with any football knowledge would’ve said Tort is better than Curt as a coach.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

That staff is a dumpster fire. Starting at the top.

Many have been saying it for years.
    Being honest, very few really good coaches stay in the PSAC a long time. There are a few exceptions, but not many. The last few really good coaches in the league left for higher level jobs

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Hmmm, it wasn’t that long ago people were talking about how much better Tort was than Curt Cignetti. That 2014 season was a tough one too. But anyway, this season is a clusterf&$k, and the whole staff practically has been here forever. The last major hire was another old guy that’s been an assistant in the PSAC forever. Maybe there’s just not that fire in the belly anymore.

Many have been saying it for years.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-08-2023, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X