X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

If it was homecoming related it wasn’t on campus. Not even close to campus really. I don’t know how I didn’t hear three helicopters coming in because this is .5 miles from my house and basically adjacent to Indiana High School. Reliable updates are hard to find but apparently two suspects were driving west on Route 22 (toward Pittsburgh for what it’s worth) in a gray sedan. I’m not sharing any personal descriptions because I can’t speak to the reliability of the information.
    I think something similar happened at IUP Homecoming weekend several years ago, but this has happened at several schools Homecoming weekends. Unaffiliated individual rents a hall and throws a party targeting students & alumni of certain orgs. Gets out of control. People injured.

Leave a comment:

• Tdobson
    replied
    Any updates on Karst?

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Strangely, I recall a lot of people who know football who thought that. Not sure why but they did.
    Because it met their narrative that's why! Tort is a people pleaser with the Alumni. Curt did what it took to win. Just look at what he's doing at JMU. He's a winner!

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I know exactly where theChase Center is..it used to be where LGBT dances were held back in the day..many would be students.
    Currently 2 victims who were wounded are IUP students. There may be more. Also there is likely more than 1 shooter. Of course it’s all preliminary and may change. The person killed was from Pittsburgh.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    One person was killed and at least five others injured in a shooting after midnight in Indiana (not on campus). It was at a community center near the Chevy Chase section of town. Suspect is at large. It's all over the news for more details.

WPXI is reporting the victims were "college aged" but stressed it was not an IUP-sanctioned event. The shooting occured around 12:35 a.m.
    I know exactly where theChase Center is..it used to be where LGBT dances were held back in the day..many would be students.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Be sure your information is based in actual statistics, not over hyped MSM....
    https://pewresearch.org/short-reads/...hs-in-the-u-s/
    I referenced mass shootings which is defined as at least 4 people shot.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    (9) now confirmed shot, all between ages 18 and 23 per latest news release.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

After 278 days in 2023 there have been more than 500 mass shootings in the United States. We are closing in on a 2 per-day incidence. We might have a dysfunctional society. Just sayin'.
    Be sure your information is based in actual statistics, not over hyped MSM....
    https://pewresearch.org/short-reads/...hs-in-the-u-s/

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

That's crazy. For (8) people to be shot that must have been a barrage of shots fired. These aren't typically marksmen firing these guns.

Hopefully they arrest these suspects quickly.
    After 278 days in 2023 there have been more than 500 mass shootings in the United States. We are closing in on a 2 per-day incidence. We might have a dysfunctional society. Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I think someone must have rented it for a private event. I don’t think there was any official Iup organization involved. Afaik
    That's crazy. For (8) people to be shot that must have been a barrage of shots fired. These aren't typically marksmen firing these guns.

Hopefully they arrest these suspects quickly.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Seems pretty late at night for a community center event to still be going on ?
    I think someone must have rented it for a private event. I don’t think there was any official Iup organization involved. Afaik

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    WCCS just posted an update saying (8) people were shot.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

If it was homecoming related it wasn’t on campus. Not even close to campus really. I don’t know how I didn’t hear three helicopters coming in because this is .5 miles from my house and basically adjacent to Indiana High School. Reliable updates are hard to find but apparently two suspects were driving west on Route 22 (toward Pittsburgh for what it’s worth) in a gray sedan. I’m not sharing any personal descriptions because I can’t speak to the reliability of the information.
    Seems pretty late at night for a community center event to still be going on ?

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Homecoming party?

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Homecoming party?
    It was a private party. The word is it was for Philly and Pittsburgh alumni and students . Saw a post saying it was outside the building, which was very crowded. It’s ashame because the center does great work with students and dei

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X