X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It would be nice if the made it a sponsored sport.
    There is no Division 2 hockey. They would have to petition to play Division I (what Mercyhurst does). But I can tell you that hockey is VERY expensive when you don't own ice.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Tell you what, IUP doesn't talk about it but that hockey program has a big following. They easily get more in the gate than all the non-revenue sports and may even do better than women's basketball (occasionally).

I go to several games a year. They are fun, lively and entertaining. IUP's D1 Club team is pretty good. You don't get all the pettiness found at a typical IUP event. I used to call it the best kept secret in town but it's not any more.

They may get 500-700 (or more) in there tonight. For comparison sake, the average PSAC men's basketball teams draws about 250. IUP men's basketball is getting about 1,800 on average.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

It’s almost 60 degrees!
    73 in Pembroke, NC... just saying

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

So UNC-Pembroke cancels for today but ESU can host? I'm not understanding how baseball can be played in the Poconos but not in North Carolina.
    It’s almost 60 degrees!

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Baseball wins the opener against East Stroudsburg, 4-2
    ​​​

Hockey hosts Alabama tonight. I get this is 'club' hockey but that's a long haul

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    ​​​

Hockey hosts Alabama tonight. I get this is 'club' hockey but that's a long haul
    So UNC-Pembroke cancels for today but ESU can host? I'm not understanding how baseball can be played in the Poconos but not in North Carolina.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    ​​​

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Hopefully Lock Haven still isn't a dumpster fire by then. I think I read they signed 479 incoming freshmen this off-season.
    They are the next Ferris Bueller State.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Someone had the file from the conference.

@ Lock Haven
    @ Millersville
    vs. Clarion
    vs. Slippery Rock
    @ Edinboro
    vs. Seton Hill
    @ California
    @ Gannon
    vs. Mercyhurst
    vs. Kutztown

vs. Lock Haven
    vs. Millersville
    @ Seton Hill
    vs. Edinboro
    @ Mercyhurst
    @ Slippery Rock
    vs. California
    vs. Gannon
    @ Clarion
    @ Kutztown

Hopefully Lock Haven still isn't a dumpster fire by then. I think I read they signed 479 incoming freshmen this off-season.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Not saying I agree with the Day of Faith event either at a public university ... BUT it did all take place AFTER the game. So, it was up to each patron if they wanted to stay or leave.

The choir performance on Wednesday was very good (although so long they had to let the teams warm up again).

As for that idiot in the video, hopefully she's in the portal (and hired security).
    Exactly. Everybody has a right to be recognized including People we don’t agree with….

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

She knew what the event was that night. She should have stayed in her firm room and read her MAGA Bible. If they have a promotion that isn’t a persons cup of tea, they don’t need to go and if they do suck it up cupcake. I wouldn’t have gone on the day of faith recently. I don’t do religion and I don’t need to hear the hypocrisy. So I would have not gone and let those who do like it have their day.
    Not saying I agree with the Day of Faith event either at a public university ... BUT it did all take place AFTER the game. So, it was up to each patron if they wanted to stay or leave.

The choir performance on Wednesday was very good (although so long they had to let the teams warm up again).

As for that idiot in the video, hopefully she's in the portal (and hired security).

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Short story: a recent game was sponsored by offices as part of Black History Month programming. For this game, they played Lift Every Voice (referred to as the Black National Anthem). A female student at the game posted on Snapchat a pic/video with the caption "You n****** don't deserve your own national anthem".
    She knew what the event was that night. She should have stayed in her firm room and read her MAGA Bible. If they have a promotion that isn’t a persons cup of tea, they don’t need to go and if they do suck it up cupcake. I wouldn’t have gone on the day of faith recently. I don’t do religion and I don’t need to hear the hypocrisy. So I would have not gone and let those who do like it have their day.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I don't know what the content was that the student placed on social media; however, the response from the University community is redeeming.
    Short story: a recent game was sponsored by offices as part of Black History Month programming. For this game, they played Lift Every Voice (referred to as the Black National Anthem). A female student at the game posted on Snapchat a pic/video with the caption "You n****** don't deserve your own national anthem".

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I don't know what the content was that the student placed on social media; however, the response from the University community is redeeming.
    Click on the link above for The Penn article. It shows it loud and clear.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    IUP is getting some lovely publicity this morning over the racist post from a student at Wednesday's basketball game.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X