X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    New over/under just hit the boards in Vegas

Over or Under, posts on this topic, 155.5, by May 15

I'll give Nation one thing (and always do) ... NOBODY is going to 'last word' him on a topic. Many have tried. All have failed.

Place your bets. This is Post 119.
    I’m not backing off this because I know I’m right. It’s calculations are flawed.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Except he’s a rambling dementia patient with a dead animal
      on his head and I’m right. I actually present valid points and none of you wanting the status quo have done so.
      The only valid points you've made come from a made-up fantasy land, and you're ignoring all of the valid points everyone else is making. So, if it quacks like a duck...

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

The only valid points you've made come from a made-up fantasy land, and you're ignoring all of the valid points everyone else is making. So, if it quacks like a duck...
        Your points suck. “You People” think certain sports deserve to count more despite sone of them using the same students for each one.

Wh at valid points did you have? The only point you have is that is needs to **** over IUP. That’s it.
        The trophy is bogus until it gives a higher weight to the 3 men’s sports and 3 ladies sports that cost more to put on the field or court. Foosball, Basketball and Baseball for the men and Volleyball,Basketball and Softball for the ladies. Pretty much everyone fields them and the champions should get double points to factor into the schools score. That balances it for IUP from the clap for credit schools that game the trophy.

Indoor Track is not equal to foosball. It’s just not.

Keep the insults coming, I will fight this until Murray fixes this bull****.

Comment

• The Real Current Dixon Standings (because only titles matter)
          Track Titles only get .33 since track and field use the same students for CC, Indoor and Outdoor track.

1. IUP - 4
          2. Walk On U - 3
          3. Edinboro 1.66
          4. East Dennyburg - 1
          The Lake Show - 1
          LIT AF - 1
          Mon Valley U - 1
          5. Track U - .66
          6. Everyone Else - 0
          Last edited by IUPNation; 05-06-2023, 02:56 PM.

Comment

The Real Current Dixon Standings (because only titles matter)
            Track Titles only get .33 since track and field use the same students for CC, Indoor and Outdoor track.

1. IUP - 4
            2. Walk On U - 3
            3. Edinboro 1.66
            4. East Dennyburg - 1
            The Lake Show - 1
            LIT AF - 1
            Mon Valley U - 1
            5. Track U - .66
            6. Everyone Else - 0
            Even if you made the 4 T&F teams into 2 IUP would still be pretty far down in the rankings. IUP just doesn't have the consistent strength across the full range of sports like WCU, Gannon, SRU, Kutztown.

Looking at the #'s there is 1 thing that jumps out. IUP's athletic programs are skewed toward male sports. IUP has the greatest discrepancy between men's and women's sports.out of all PSAC schools.

IUP is 1st in men's sports after the winter season but they are 12th in women's sports. Nation, you are right. Something seems to be amiss.
            Last edited by iupgroundhog; 04-27-2023, 07:28 PM.

Comment

New over/under just hit the boards in Vegas

Over or Under, posts on this topic, 155.5, by May 15

I'll give Nation one thing (and always do) ... NOBODY is going to 'last word' him on a topic. Many have tried. All have failed.

Place your bets. This is Post 119.
              Over... we might hit that total in a week the way things are going... all over some "Philly Sports Fan" level whining about IUP not being handed an all-sports trophy simply because ... IUP.

If we used Nation's logic, the Philadelphia Iggles would've been handed the Lombardi Trophy before Super Bowl 57 even though the vaunted Iggles defense couldn't stop Patrick Mahomes in the second half and their spare head coach got outcoached in the second half by Andy Reid. Hell, let's just cancel the rest of the NBA playoffs right now and drop the Larry O'Brien Trophy off at Broad and Pattison just to appease the Philly sports fanbase.

My point: Stop whining about where IUP stands in the Dixon Trophy standings and, I don't know, field stronger programs in all sports.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Over... we might hit that total in a week the way things are going... all over some "Philly Sports Fan" level whining about IUP not being handed an all-sports trophy simply because ... IUP.

If we used Nation's logic, the Philadelphia Iggles would've been handed the Lombardi Trophy before Super Bowl 57 even though the vaunted Iggles defense couldn't stop Patrick Mahomes in the second half and their spare head coach got outcoached in the second half by Andy Reid. Hell, let's just cancel the rest of the NBA playoffs right now and drop the Larry O'Brien Trophy off at Broad and Pattison just to appease the Philly sports fanbase.

My point: Stop whining about where IUP stands in the Dixon Trophy standings and, I don't know, field stronger programs in all sports.
                The Pee Sack…where we reward coming in second place in everything with a trophy at the end of the year.

We have the most titles of any school this year but we need to field stronger teams. Ok got it. That’s typical dumb **** Pee Sack logic right there. No wonder why this conference is a joke nationally. We deserve the mocking.

You all know I’m right. You people are either too dumb or just refuse to admit it.
                Last edited by IUPNation; 04-28-2023, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Even if you made the 4 T&F teams into 2 IUP would still be pretty far down in the rankings. IUP just doesn't have the consistent strength across the full range of sports like WCU, Gannon, SRU, Kutztown.

Looking at the #'s there is 1 thing that jumps out. IUP's athletic programs are skewed toward male sports. IUP has the greatest discrepancy between men's and women's sports.out of all PSAC schools.

IUP is 1st in men's sports after the winter season but they are 12th in women's sports. Nation, you are right. Something seems to be amiss.
                  The ladies are doing well this spring. It won’t matter. This trophy is bogus.

Last edited by IUPNation; 04-28-2023, 06:34 AM.

Comment

The Real Current Dixon Standings (because only titles matter)

1. IUP - 4
                    2. Walk On U - 3
                    3. Edinboro 1.66
                    4. East Dennyburg - 1
                    The Lake Show - 1
                    LIT AF - 1
                    Mon Valley U - 1
                    5. Track U - .66
                    6. Everyone Else - 0

Off topic but it is hilarious everybody (mostly) on here knows those schools by the names you just called them. Yet, outsiders would be like WTF?

Comment

Off topic but it is hilarious everybody (mostly) on here knows those schools by the names you just called them. Yet, outsiders would be like WTF?
                      It took me a few minutes to figure out that "Track U" is probably Shippensburg... I think...

Comment

The Pee Sack…where we reward coming in second place in everything with a trophy at the end of the year.

We have the most titles of any school this year but we need to field stronger teams. Ok got it. That’s typical dumb **** Pee Sack logic right there. No wonder why this conference is a joke nationally. We deserve the mocking.

You all know I’m right. You people are either too dumb or just refuse to admit it.
                        Since IUP's supposed to be the "flagship" school of the PASSHE - and, by extension the PEEE-SACK - shouldn't all of your programs at least finish closer to the top five than the bottom?

Comment

It took me a few minutes to figure out that "Track U" is probably Shippensburg... I think...
                          Correct. Because every Dixon they ever won was on the back of cleaning up track titles with the same students but they had “a strong athletic program overall” despite not beating IUP In foosball in 30 years and only 1 Pee Sack title in foosball since this stupid trophy has been handed out.

Comment

Since IUP's supposed to be the "flagship" school of the PASSHE - and, by extension the PEEE-SACK - shouldn't all of your programs at least finish closer to the top five than the bottom?
                            Titles only matter. We’ve won the most so far this year including the two biggest chips on the men’s side.

Does the national trophy reward second place finishes? No it does not.

Comment

Correct. Because every Dixon they ever won was on the back of cleaning up track titles with the same students but they had “a strong athletic program overall” despite not beating IUP In foosball in 30 years and only 1 Pee Sack title in foosball since this stupid trophy has been handed out.
                              Which is why it's seen as an "all sports" trophy not a "the world revolves around IUP" trophy. If you don't like how the Dixon Trophy is set up, write a strongly worded letter to the P-S-A-C.

Comment

Pee Sack Titles Since Fall 1995 since they started awarded the Participation Trophy:

1. Shippensburg - 86 (64 of them in the four track categories..8 Dixon Trophies...Gee wonder why someone is on me about this being bogus)
                                2. Walk On U - 80 (43 in mens and womens swimming ...5 Dixon Trophies
                                3. Edinboro - 65 (Zero Dixon Trophies}
                                4. IUP - 54 (Zero Dixon Trophies)
                                5. Bloomsburg - 51 ( 3 Dixon Trophies)
                                6. Mon Valley U - 46 (2 Dixon Trophies)
                                7. Lock Haven - 44 (3 Dixon Trophies...last winning season in foosball was 43 years ago)
                                8. Slimey Pebble - 36 (1 Dixon Trophy)
                                9. Kutztown - 33 (1 Dixon Trophy)
                                10. East Dennyburg - 26 (0 Dixon Trophies)
                                11. Millersville - 22 (1 Dixon Trophy - hasn't been competitive in foosball in 20 years)
                                12. Clarion - 17 (0 Dixon Trophies)
                                13. Mercyhurst - 16 (0 Dixon Trophies)
                                14. LIT AF - 15 (1 Dixon Trophy)
                                15. Pitt-Johnstown - 9 (0 Dixon Trophies)
                                16. Mansfield - 3 (0 Dixon Trophies)
                                17. Seton Hill - 3 ( 0 Dixon Trophies)
                                18. Cheyney - 0
                                19. Shepherd - 0

This bogus trophy has been given out 25 times and two schools won over half of them by dominating one sport for both genders and getting handed this trophy. Ship get it by winning the four track categories and Walk On U go theirs by crushing it in swimming.

In the Top 3 sports, Foosball and both Basketball programs Ship won 9 (6 of them in ladies basketball) and WCU won 4 all on foosball but I will give them credit for their nationally prominent baseball program.

So...I have proven that the calculation for this is bogus. You only have to dominate one or two non revenue sports...mostly track and field and a few that both genders play and the Home Office In Lock Haven will declare you the bestest sports program and give the finger to IUP.

IUP should have 7 Dixons based on coming in second in 1998, 1999, 2003, 2011, 2013, 2017, 2018. This trophy would be legit had that happened instead of coming in second to Track U and Walk On U each time.

3rd - 3x
                                4th - 3x
                                5th - 3x
                                6th - 5x
                                7th - 1x
                                8th - 1x
                                9th - 1 x
                                10th - 1x

I rest my case. This trophy is bogus and rewards programs that dominate one sport in multiple categories. Neither of the top two have been dominant in foosball and neither really in basketball for the most part.

...and poor Edinboro...multiple titles over six sports in this time and NOTHING!!!! They should have won the initial trophy.
                                This needed to be reposted to shove it in the faces of some on here….because facts matter.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X