Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bart View Post

I have no dog in this fight. You need something to do with your time and energy besides obsess over getting one of those trophies. Besides. just think what is going to happen when Penn West and Commwealth U. start winning the trophy every year. We know some schools have been winning with multiple running sports, Penn West has 3 football and 3 basketball teams.
    Not very good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Not very good ones.
      Most schools have three varsity football and basketball teams. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Well, was gonna stay quiet, but this is such a lulu that I can't help it. So after repeatedly saying this was rigged for Ship because of track and field hockey, you now basically say we're not going to win because it is somehow rigged in West Chester's favor (even though Gannon won it last year).
        Soooooooooooooooooo...I just looked at Track U's rosters for Cross Country and Indoor and Outdoor Trac.

Everyone on the cross country team...which had the smallest roster of the three...is also on the the Indoor and Outdoor Track Roster.

Almost everyone listed on the Indoor Track Team is on the Outdoor Track Roster. There were only 6 athletes on the outdoor track roster that wasn't on the CC and or Indoor Roster.

So...this all proves my point that the Trophy is bogus when you can recycle the same athletes over three sports and get the unfair advantage for this trophy.

Track and Field has a much greater weight in the calculations than foosball and basketball combined.

BOOM! I win. Again.

Comment

Soooooooooooooooooo...I just looked at Track U's rosters for Cross Country and Indoor and Outdoor Trac.

Everyone on the cross country team...which had the smallest roster of the three...is also on the the Indoor and Outdoor Track Roster.

Almost everyone listed on the Indoor Track Team is on the Outdoor Track Roster. There were only 6 athletes on the outdoor track roster that wasn't on the CC and or Indoor Roster.

So...this all proves my point that the Trophy is bogus when you can recycle the same athletes over three sports and get the unfair advantage for this trophy.

Track and Field has a much greater weight in the calculations than foosball and basketball combined.

BOOM! I win. Again.
          What if the T&F/XC athletes aren't very good? What happens then?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

What if the T&F/XC athletes aren't very good? What happens then?
            It’s how Shippensburg won 6 Bogus Dixons. They gamed the system and got to say they have bestest athletic program by using the same athletes over three sports using the same scholarship.

Comment

It’s how Shippensburg won 6 Bogus Dixons. They gamed the system and got to say they have bestest athletic program by using the same athletes over three sports using the same scholarship.
              Geez, why didn't somebody at IUP think of that?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Geez, why didn't somebody at IUP think of that?
                Because IUP does it the right way. This trophy is calculated improperly.

Why is it so heavily weighted in favor of track and field. The number of athletes in it is a small percentage of all athletes at any given Pee Sack school.

I’m not going to budge on this and I’m going to rant about it until they fix it or until IUP legitimizes it. You know IUP gets ****ed over.
                Last edited by IUPNation; 04-20-2023, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Because IUP does it the right way. This trophy is calculated improperly.

Why is it so heavily weighted in favor of track and field. The number of athletes in it is a small percentage of all athletes at any given Pee Sack school.

I’m not going to budge on this and I’m going to rant about it until they fix it or until IUP legitimizes it. You know IUP gets ****ed over.
                  Nothing is weighted. I believe its the final standings of your 6 best teams in each season. If it were treated like Coach of the Year IUP would certainly have won some. But its an attempt to be objective.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Nothing is weighted. I believe its the final standings of your 6 best teams in each season. If it were treated like Coach of the Year IUP would certainly have won some. But its an attempt to be objective.
                    About 11 years ago they changed that to cover performance across all 23 PSAC-sanctioned sports. No system could be more objective.

I will say that we have a sports-rich conference, a fact often overlooked.

Not only is it the biggest D2 conference in membership (I think), the PSAC boasts a lot of unique things that don't exist in other conferences. We still have 4 D1 Wrestling programs and each of them has finished in the top 5 nationally in D1 at some point in their history. That's a significant thing. We have a D1 Ice Hockey Program and we have a D1 Field Hockey program. We have a D1 presence in 3 sports.

Since the topic is Shippensburg TF/XC, it's great that Ship has a strong presence in those sports and has been the home for PIAA State Championships for so long. That shouldn't be minimized.

It's a great conference with robust athletics programs. While I root for IUP in Football and Basketball and LHU in Wrestling, I have known people who went to all of the schools and I appreciate the whole conference. Just sayin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Nothing is weighted. I believe it’s the final standings of your 6 best teams in each season. If it were treated like Coach of the Year IUP would certainly have won some. But it’s was an attempt to be objective.
                      That was how it was originally calculated. Now it’s an average of all sports. So Mansfield could technically win the trophy if they won the Pee Sack title in the few sports they sponsor. Imagine them being able to say they have the best athletic program but can not afford to field a foosball team.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

About 11 years ago they changed that to cover performance across all 23 PSAC-sanctioned sports. No system could be more objective.

I will say that we have a sports-rich conference, a fact often overlooked.

Not only is it the biggest D2 conference in membership (I think), the PSAC boasts a lot of unique things that don't exist in other conferences. We still have 4 D1 Wrestling programs and each of them has finished in the top 5 nationally in D1 at some point in their history. That's a significant thing. We have a D1 Ice Hockey Program and we have a D1 Field Hockey program. We have a D1 presence in 3 sports.

Since the topic is Shippensburg TF/XC, it's great that Ship has a strong presence in those sports and has been the home for PIAA State Championships for so long. That shouldn't be minimized.

It's a great conference with robust athletics programs. While I root for IUP in Football and Basketball and LHU in Wrestling, I have known people who went to all of the schools and I appreciate the whole conference. Just sayin'.
                        I think the PSAC might be the largest conference in membership of any classification. But we're not far off from the SEC being the biggest once they take any team that has averaged 8 football wins over the last ten years.

Comment

• Asked....

So this trophy is based on the average of every sport's finish.

West Chester and Bloomsburg sponsor 22 sports in total. They have the best shot each year to win the trophy if they dominate the sports that not many schools sponsor.

So how can you give out an award calculated by the average of each sport when many schools don't play a lot of sports in the calculations?

And answered! Well done!

That was how it was originally calculated. Now it’s an average of all sports. So Mansfield could technically win the trophy if they won the Pee Sack title in the few sports they sponsor. Imagine them being able to say they have the best athletic program but can not afford to field a foosball team.

Any school has the best shot to win if they dominate the sports which they sponsor, regardless of whether other schools sponsor them or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                            Asked....

And answered! Well done!

Any school has the best shot to win if they dominate the sports which they sponsor, regardless of whether other schools sponsor them or not.
                            So you just admitted it’s bogus too.

I knew you had it in you.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

So you just admitted it’s bogus too.

I knew you had it in you.
                              Reading through my post and I don't see such an admission.

Reading through your posts, first you say schools that sponsor a lot of sports have the best chance to win, then a school with fewest number of sports has the best chance to win. So no one really needs to say anything since you like arguing so much, that eventually you'll argue with yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Reading through my post and I don't see such an admission.

Reading through your posts, first you say schools that sponsor a lot of sports have the best chance to win, then a school with fewest number of sports has the best chance to win. So no one really needs to say anything since you like arguing so much, that eventually you'll argue with yourself!
                                You agreed that your adopted school could game the system by winning the few sports it has a few pennies to sponsor when the whole world knows it barely has a sports program. So you just inadvertently agreed that it's a flawed trophy and the winners are mostly bogus.

No I never said any of that.

I was pointing out ways certain schools can game the system without having to invest in the big sports that people actually watch and actually make the news.

West Chester can win by dominating the sports that few other schools field and run up their average despite the foosball team just being slightly above average most years and not really that strong in basketball. The baseball program is the only standout. Some of West Chester's Dixon win are kinda legit.

Shippensburg can game it by putting all of it's chips on track and winning it that way without having to compete in the bigger sports

IUP can never win it despite winning foosball and basketball often.

For something that so many of you claim doesn't matter or not a big deal...you all certainly care a lot about my argument this trophy is a piece of crap due to it's flawed way of calculating the winner.
                                Last edited by IUPNation; 04-22-2023, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X