Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

If you bet the over, feel free to cash in now... We hit Post 156 on April 30 - two weeks ahead of schedule.

Meanwhile, I noticed that of the 21 D2 conferences which I could find all-sports trophies (I didn't see one for the Lone Star Conference or the CIAA), four of them - the MIAA, the GNAC, the PacWest and the CACC* - use a similar scoring scheme to the PSAC's Dixon Trophy. I may either add to this thread or start a new thread breaking down how all of the D2 conferences score their Dixon Trophy equivalents.

* - The CACC awards points for both regular season and postseason standings in determining points towards the averages - they also award separate men's all-sports and women's all-sports trophies instead of a single all-sports trophy.
    Please just let this thread die.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

If you bet the over, feel free to cash in now... We hit Post 156 on April 30 - two weeks ahead of schedule.

Meanwhile, I noticed that of the 21 D2 conferences which I could find all-sports trophies (I didn't see one for the Lone Star Conference or the CIAA), four of them - the MIAA, the GNAC, the PacWest and the CACC* - use a similar scoring scheme to the PSAC's Dixon Trophy. I may either add to this thread or start a new thread breaking down how all of the D2 conferences score their Dixon Trophy equivalents.

* - The CACC awards points for both regular season and postseason standings in determining points towards the averages - they also award separate men's all-sports and women's all-sports trophies instead of a single all-sports trophy.
      The CACC’s Home Office has more sense. I approve of their setup.
      Last edited by IUPNation; 05-03-2023, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Please just let this thread die.
        Nope. If I want to b***h in a thread I’m going to b***h. I don’t care what any of you think. I’m not trying to convince any of you about anything. This thread is aimed at The Home Office in Lock Haven. I hope “the commissioner” is reading it. It’s not like he’s going to change it. Nothing ever gets changed in this conference unless it something that will **** over IUP. Then it’s a rush to do it.
        Last edited by IUPNation; 05-03-2023, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• The MIAA spaces out its points more than The Home Office does. It gives its champions a cushion.

https://themiaa.com/documents/2017/1...et1.pdf?id=848

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Your points suck. “You People” think certain sports deserve to count more despite sone of them using the same students for each one.
            They don't count more. They all count the same. There's no cash prize associated with the Dixon. You're a fool.

Gonna do what I should have done a while ago, and add you to Ye Olde Ignore List. Not like you add anything of value...

EDIT: Turns out, just ignoring Nation alone reduces this thread to 6 pages. Highly recommend.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

They don't count more. They all count the same. There's no cash prize associated with the Dixon. You're a fool.

Gonna do what I should have done a while ago, and add you to Ye Olde Ignore List. Not like you add anything of value...

EDIT: Turns out, just ignoring Nation alone reduces this thread to 6 pages. Highly recommend.
              Bye Gurl.

Another one who can't hang or win an argument so they stomp their little feet and click "ignore"

::::Takes another victory lap::::

Comment

I find it laughable how foosball is literally a non factor for this trophy yet it’s the sport that links this whole board together.

mind boggling.
                There you have it, folks, the reason the Dixon Trophy was instituted -- to please the denizens of this board!

Feel powerful yet?

(We'll add that softball gold to the count for today, too. Damn good thing none of them double up in volleyball.)

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

There you have it, folks, the reason the Dixon Trophy was instituted -- to please the denizens of this board!

Feel powerful yet?

(We'll add that softball gold to the count for today, too. Damn good thing none of them double up in volleyball.)
                  Again. Nobody asked you to respond. If you don’t like what I’m posting too ****ing bad. I don’t care what you all think. Youse are generally wrong most of the time anyway.

How nice you won one of the big sports. Good for you. It’s about time you won something.

Comment

• Updated Real Dixon Standings.

1. IUP - 4
                    2. Walk On U - 3
                    3. LIT AF - 2
                    4. Edinboro - 1.66
                    Track U -1.66
                    5. East Dennyburg - 1
                    The Lake Show -1
                    Mon Valley U - 1
                    6. Everyone Else - 0

Comment

Updated Real Dixon Standings.

1. IUP - 4
                      2. Walk On U - 3
                      3. LIT AF - 2
                      4. Edinboro - 1.66
                      Track U -1.66
                      5. East Dennyburg - 1
                      The Lake Show -1
                      Mon Valley U - 1
                      6. Everyone Else - 0
                      The Dixon is what it is. Tort and Joe swept the big boy sports. They do that and I could care less about the rest. Just my two cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The Dixon is what it is. Tort and Joe swept the big boy sports. They do that and I could care less about the rest. Just my two cents.
                        And I'll say a gold-medal performance by a swimmer is as legit as a gold-medal performance by a power forward. We can differ on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP’s AD and our students deserve to be recognized for their wins, hard work, fundraising and everything else it takes as much if not far more than Ships track team.
                          Last edited by IUPNation; 05-06-2023, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

And I'll say a gold-medal performance by a swimmer is as legit as a gold-medal performance by a power forward. We can differ on that.
                            How much does it cost to field a swim team vs Foosball?

Comment

• With Beisbol (Seton Hill) and The Pee Sack Outdoor Olympics concluding today this ends the Pee Sack portion of the sports season (except for the teams still competing at the NCAA tournaments in spring sports ) Track U won the Men’s Outdoor and Slimey the Ladies.

The Final Real Dixon Standings.

1. IUP - 4
                              2. Walk On U - 3
                              3. LIT AF - 2
                              Track U - 2
                              4. Edinboro 1.66

5. East Dennyburg - 1
                              The Lake Show -1
                              Mon Valley U - 1
                              Seton Hill - 1
                              6. Slimey Pebble - .33
                              7. Everyone Else - 0

IUP has the best athletic program!
                              Last edited by IUPNation; 05-13-2023, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• LIT AF gets the Fake Dixon from the Home Office..IUP still laughably at 7th. Track U up near the top because of Track.

https://iupathletics.com/news/2023/5...lhte5_6QDhNgqQ

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X