Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I hear you. When they win this game they blow up this board. Not a peep tonight.
    yeah, but what a way to lose, I feel kinda sorry for them this season. If they lose a close one at Rock, it will be hard for them to recover. Have to start asking questions

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

yeah, but what a way to lose, I feel kinda sorry for them this season. If they lose a close one at Rock, it will be hard for them to recover. Have to start asking questions
      I refuse to feel sorry for The Spock’s since they have several fluky wins over IUP and their fan base has rubbed our noses in it

**** them and **** Adamson Stadium and The Godfather’s track suit. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I refuse to feel sorry for The Spock’s since they have several fluky wins over IUP and their fan base has rubbed our noses in it

**** them and **** Adamson Stadium and The Godfather’s track suit. :-)
        Yeah, I get that, Just start calling them PennWest Mon valley

Comment

Know what else was screwy? The clock right before IUP scored the final TD. At least 10 more seconds should have run off.

Aside from the last play of the game, Cal got every home-cooking call all day ... and still lost.

The ending wasn't a fluke ... it was a penalty with a clear rule regarding time run-off. Sucks for them. They may have hit the FG to win ... may not have.

My favorite of the day was two refs calling Q. Carter's amazing catch good ... and the ref from 40 yards away coming in to call it off.

But, IUP has lost every improbable way down there so it is fitting they win a wild one.

Cal also could have iced that game several times and failed to do so.

Rock plays at Adamson. I'll be interested to see if they stay engaged.

Comment

I said this during the preseason polls, you lose a couple players to the portal, you lose a couple coaches, there has to be some kind of impact to that. The margin between winning and losing the games they've been in with Kutz/Shep/IUP is very small. I expect them to lose at least one more game, high probability that it will be 2 especially after a demoralizing loss like this one. That would put them back to 4th or worse in the West for the first time in a long time. And guess what, those coaches you lost were not only great coaches, they were great recruiters and now they work for your competition. Oh, and you have to replace a great QB who's been a 4 year rock in your lineup. Cal could look very middle of the pack moving forward, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

I said this during the preseason polls, you lose a couple players to the portal, you lose a couple coaches, there has to be some kind of impact to that. The margin between winning and losing the games they've been in with Kutz/Shep/IUP is very small. I expect them to lose at least one more game, high probability that it will be 2 especially after a demoralizing loss like this one. That would put them back to 4th or worse in the West for the first time in a long time. And guess what, those coaches you lost were not only great coaches, they were great recruiters and now they work for your competition. Oh, and you have to replace a great QB who's been a 4 year rock in your lineup. Cal could look very middle of the pack moving forward, I wouldn't be surprised at all.
              …and they will be forced to share their foosball money with your campus. It’s has to happen. These schools can’t be unbalanced in their sports funding.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post
                Watching a little bit of Boro today for the first time this year. How have they won any games? They look slow and just bad. Also, they have the worst uniforms in the league…terrible
                Boro easily has the worst helmets in the league for sure....maybe the worst I've ever seen. "The" should never be on a helmet. The school has a new "E" logo that should be put on the helmets next year with a regular stripe or a thick Tennessee stripe. Anything but what they have now.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

Boro easily has the worst helmets in the league for sure....maybe the worst I've ever seen. "The" should never be on a helmet. The school has a new "E" logo that should be put on the helmets next year with a regular stripe or a thick Tennessee stripe. Anything but what they have now.
                  I always liked the cursive Boro.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I always liked the cursive Boro.
                    Ya, or the old school Boro script. I agree. Something that isnt changed every other year or every regime change.

I like traditional stuff like stripes on helmets and pants too.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

I like the idea of the plaid stripe but its either the wrong tartan or its faded. It just plain looks bad. I have the hat from last year's football golf outing and that "The Boro" logo looks good there. I also don't like the "The Boro" logo on the helmet with a plaid fill. The new "E" logo with the sword is the only thing I like about this new Penn West era. I liked the oversized Fighting Scot logo from the last year of Bradford. Also liked the Boro with the sword from the Lustig era and the Illinois/NY Giants style EDINBORO from the Tepper era. But I agree - it should either be the new "E" or go back to the script Boro with a stripe. Other than the helmet, the jerseys are just fine. I like the bright red colorblock style.
                      Last edited by Fightingscot82; 10-14-2022, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I like the idea of the plaid stripe but its either the wrong tartan or its faded. It just plain looks bad. I have the hat from last year's football golf outing and that "The Boro" logo looks good there. I also don't like the "The Boro" logo on the helmet with a plaid fill. The new "E" logo with the sword is the only thing I like about this new Penn West era. I liked the oversized Fighting Scot logo from the last year of Bradford. Also liked the Boro with the sword from the Lustig era and the Illinois/NY Giants style EDINBORO from the Tepper era. But I agree - it should either be the new "E" or go back to the script Boro with a stripe. Other than the helmet, the jerseys are just fine. I like the bright red colorblock style.
                        It would be a nice touch to add the plaid as a stripe down the jersey through the pant outer leg. Would certainly be unique.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

It would be a nice touch to add the plaid as a stripe down the jersey through the pant outer leg. Would certainly be unique.
                          I want to say that they might have had this in the 70s but I can't seem to find a pic. The challenge with using plaid is that Edinboro uses a specific tartan, Royal Stewart, that is pretty complex and isn't conducive to screen printing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X