Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Understood. But, you still have the always unpredictable human factor involved.

They'd need a mountain of things to go right even if they'd beat SRU.
    They would need a collapse of multiple teams on a grand scale.

Comment

If IUP and Shepherd meet for The State Game with undefeated records, both are in...it's just a matter who gets the Pee Sack Trophy and the first or second seed.

Slimey will get in if they win out...the Kutztown game is a play in game...mostly for Kutztown. They could sneak in if they beat Slimey and that's might be the only way the Pee Sack gets 4 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
        If IUP and Shepherd meet for The State Game with undefeated records, both are in...it's just a matter who gets the Pee Sack Trophy and the first or second seed.

Slimey will get in if they win out...the Kutztown game is a play in game...mostly for Kutztown. They could sneak in if they beat Slimey and that's might be the only way the Pee Sack gets 4 teams.
        Here's my reservation on SRU. If Kutztown beats them, what big win do they have to get in? The head-to-head would put them behind Kutztown. I think that it is very possible, and maybe even likely that a team from another conference would jump SRU.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Here's my reservation on SRU. If Kutztown beats them, what big win do they have to get in? The head-to-head would put them behind Kutztown. I think that it is very possible, and maybe even likely that a team from another conference would jump SRU.
          That's the human factor involvement. Cal is a big win although some metrics will say otherwise. Every good team that's played them knows how good they are this year.

As of now, SRU has a win against a 5-2 Gannon.

Comment

True...the loser of that game could be an odd man out...Kutztown for sure with 3 losses but Slimey could find itself out if they lose that game.

That really is a playoff game...

Mon Valley U only could lose 2 games to cash in those SOS chips but they have lost to every good team on their schedule so far...so I don't see how they have any chance.

Comment

Understood. But, you still have the always unpredictable human factor involved.

They'd need a mountain of things to go right even if they'd beat SRU.
              The 3 loss team with the best chance is probably UNC-Pembroke still have Concord and Fake Notre Dame on schedule, win out and they probably "Earn Access" out a PSAC team

Comment

I still think if Cal beats SRU they are still alive. Barely, but, still alive.

They'll have narrow losses to the top two teams in SR1 and a third loss to another Regionally Ranked team. A win over SRU is a big one. Their SOS is going to be sky-high.
                I'm not sure I'm buying a three-loss Cal team getting in because you're going likely going to have an Earned Access entry, whether it's from the MEC or NE-10 depending on how the rest of the season plays out.
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

The 3 loss team with the best chance is probably UNC-Pembroke still have Concord and Fake Notre Dame on schedule, win out and they probably "Earn Access" out a PSAC team
                  Don't you have to be a conference champion in order to be considered for Earned Access? Even if Pembroke beats either NDC or Concord, the MEC champ will likely be, at worst, a two loss team (presuming 6-1 Concord loses once more this season).
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Earned access is not contingent on being a conference champion. I don't expect it to come into play this year, as I think all the conferences will have a team in the top 7.

Comment

The problem is that win or loss differential is not part of the criteria. A 1-point loss is considered the same as a 70-point loss.
                      Cal has too many teams to jump. I expect them to lose on Saturday anyway, but even with a win I don’t see any reasonable scenario where they get in.

As for the PSAC, the only two teams with a clear path are Shepherd and IUP. I think it’s more likely that the conference only gets two spots as opposed to three. It’s not unlikely that Slippery Rock loses to both Cal and Kutztown. If that were to happen, Kutztown still wouldn’t be a lock and would need some help from an Assumption loss, or two. There’s another scenario that we can’t completely rule out, and that’s if Gannon beats IUP and then Shepherd in the state game. Highly unlikely, but it’s a scenario that still exists and if it played out would make things pretty interesting.

If Slippery Rock wins out, the PSAC gets three teams. Winning out by Slippery Rock eliminates Kutztown. I don’t see any scenario where the PSAC is getting four teams. It’s going to be fun to watch going down the stretch. There are a lot of teams still in the mix, that’s for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonhawkfanatic View Post

Crazy thing is 3 loss jail yard u would probably smoke most 1-2 loss teams… LOL
                        Why play the games then? Probably? There's a lock of the week for you...Cal will not make the tourney with 3 losses...

Comment

Cal has 3 losses ... by a combined (9) points. Those came on the road against Kutztown (5 points) and Shepherd (3 points OT) and at home against IUP (1 point). The Vulcans are literally about 3 plays away from being 7-0 and ranked No. 1 in the Region.

There's no doubt Cal was in hungover zombie mode this past weekend. Question is will they show up this Saturday when SRU visits Adamson? A Cal win Saturday would be a pretty big wrench thrown in to the mix.

The Vulcans have lost four straight to SRU and are just 2-8 in the past 10 meetings in the series. Cal has the physical tools to win this game. Will it have the mental tools at this stage? It is Homecoming and this game has a history of being pretty chippy. I don't expect to see the "Greensburg Vulcans" again this weekend. If they are engaged, this will be a fantastic game.
                          Seen both live and think Cal is the better team. Forget last week u seen what that follow up week after a horrible loss can do I give them credit for survival unlike IUP last year. Homecoming helps and lots of senior starters looking for first win against SRU….Go Cal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

Depends who ultimately finishes with two losses. Tiffin has a tough game against Ashland but steal that one on the road then win out and they might jump to the top of the 2-loss heap, especially given their two losses were one-score affairs against good non-conference teams. Notre Dame (OH) is lacking a signature win in my eyes but I don’t think they’ve taken any terrible losses either. And New Haven has their matchup with Assumption who (as you pointed out) have one FCS loss and should be counted up a slot. Either way that game is going to push someone into the “2 D2 losses” bucket and muddy the waters.
                            Tiffin wins this week that’s 2 playoff teams for GMAC pretty simple. They would have to win out but could stumble last week home vs. Findlay.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

They both go in undefeated winner gets week off guaranteed. Don’t care what Ashland does rest of way. SOS for PSAC champ would be strong.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Cal has too many teams to jump. I expect them to lose on Saturday anyway, but even with a win I don’t see any reasonable scenario where they get in.

As for the PSAC, the only two teams with a clear path are Shepherd and IUP. I think it’s more likely that the conference only gets two spots as opposed to three. It’s not unlikely that Slippery Rock loses to both Cal and Kutztown. If that were to happen, Kutztown still wouldn’t be a lock and would need some help from an Assumption loss, or two. There’s another scenario that we can’t completely rule out, and that’s if Gannon beats IUP and then Shepherd in the state game. Highly unlikely, but it’s a scenario that still exists and if it played out would make things pretty interesting.

If Slippery Rock wins out, the PSAC gets three teams. Winning out by Slippery Rock eliminates Kutztown. I don’t see any scenario where the PSAC is getting four teams. It’s going to be fun to watch going down the stretch. There are a lot of teams still in the mix, that’s for sure.
                                SRU bets Cal then winner of there KU game gets in. At some point the best 6 or seven have to get in. One MEC this year and One NE 10 I would think. So that’s five spots for PSAC/GMAC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X