Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

2022 IUP got ESU and Ship (Shep PSAC champ game switch from Bloom)
    2021 IUP got KU/Shep/WC (shep replaced Cheyney? This was bad luck for IUP, and now yes is a gauntlet of a schedule)
    2019 IUP got Millersville/LH and Ship
    2018 IUP got Millersville/LH and Ship
    2017 IUP got ESU/Cheyney and WC in the PSAC champ game replacing Bloom
    2016 IUP got ESU/Cheyney and Bloom
    2015 IUP got KU/LH and Cheyney

You guys have ESU/Ship/Bloom this year. I'd imagine next year you are going to get Millersville/LH and probably West Chester. I think what they are doing is taking whoever is in that 3rd slot (last game of the year) and they move them up to the front of the schedule on the next cycle. So West Chester was the 3rd game for the 2020/2021 seasons, Shep and KU were in the front of that so they'll be the pairing in 2025 I think along with Bloom then.
    Cheyney dropped ouf of PSAC sports in 2018, so Shepherd certainly didn't replace them on anyone's schedule in 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Cheyney dropped ouf of PSAC sports in 2018, so Shepherd certainly didn't replace them on anyone's schedule in 2021.
      For some reason I recall reading or seeing that they were replacing Cheyney on the rotating schedule. Who replaced them in 2019 for you guys? Looks like you played 11 PSAC games, unless LIU Post was gone at that point.

Comment

For some reason I recall reading or seeing that they were replacing Cheyney on the rotating schedule. Who replaced them in 2019 for you guys? Looks like you played 11 PSAC games, unless LIU Post was gone at that point.
        Seton Hill joined the PSAC in 2013, the same year LIU Post left for the NE-10. Seton Hill ended up in the PSAC West, so Lock Haven moved to the PSAC and effectively took LIU Post's spot in the East.

Cheyney dropped football in 2017, while Shepherd joined the PSAC in 2019. That left seven teams in the PSAC East in 2018 which left them with an open date during divisional play; fortunately, there were an odd number of teams in the MEC and GMAC which helped fill those open dates. Shepherd did replace Cheyney in the 2019 mandated scheduling rotation.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Seton Hill joined the PSAC in 2013, the same year LIU Post left for the NE-10. Seton Hill ended up in the PSAC West, so Lock Haven moved to the PSAC and effectively took LIU Post's spot in the East.

Cheyney dropped football in 2017, while Shepherd joined the PSAC in 2019. That left seven teams in the PSAC East in 2018 which left them with an open date during divisional play; fortunately, there were an odd number of teams in the MEC and GMAC which helped fill those open dates. Shepherd did replace Cheyney in the 2019 mandated scheduling rotation.
          I remember when Ship and LH were both in the West. It actually wasn't all that long ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I remember when Ship and LH were both in the West. It actually wasn't all that long ago.
            If I'm not mistaken, that was prior to 2008 and the addition of Gannon and Mercyhurst. After the first expansion, Shippensburg went to the East and Lock Haven stayed in the West until the second expansion brought in Seton Hill (for football) and UPJ.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, that was prior to 2008 and the addition of Gannon and Mercyhurst. After the first expansion, Shippensburg went to the East and Lock Haven stayed in the West until the second expansion brought in Seton Hill (for football) and UPJ.
              That is correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

There was a proposed alliance with the WVIAC/MEC and the PSAC several years ago that went nowhere because I believe the WVIAC/MEC didn't want to adjust their schedule to have Week 1 be the bye week.
                Plus MEC still sore over Shepherd defection.

Comment

2022 IUP got ESU and Ship (Shep PSAC champ game switch from Bloom)
                  2021 IUP got KU/Shep/WC (shep replaced Cheyney? This was bad luck for IUP, and now yes is a gauntlet of a schedule)
                  2019 IUP got Millersville/LH and Ship
                  2018 IUP got Millersville/LH and Ship
                  2017 IUP got ESU/Cheyney and WC in the PSAC champ game replacing Bloom
                  2016 IUP got ESU/Cheyney and Bloom
                  2015 IUP got KU/LH and Cheyney

You guys have ESU/Ship/Bloom this year. I'd imagine next year you are going to get Millersville/LH and probably West Chester. I think what they are doing is taking whoever is in that 3rd slot (last game of the year) and they move them up to the front of the schedule on the next cycle. So West Chester was the 3rd game for the 2020/2021 seasons, Shep and KU were in the front of that so they'll be the pairing in 2025 I think along with Bloom then.
                  In 2024 IUP is at LH and at Millersville. Home to Kutztown or PSAC championship.

Comment

• Glenville is still looking for a Week 1 game.

Comment

You're right. Ship moved to the East in 2008. The following year Ship won its last PSAC football title by upsetting favored California in the State Game. C.W. Post and Cheyney were in the Eastern Division at that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

In 2024 IUP is at LH and at Millersville. Home to Kutztown or PSAC championship.
                        I hope LHU and Millersville improve by 2024 then.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I hope LHU and Millersville improve by 2024 then.
                          Millersville, although certainly not top tier at this point, was much improved last year. That was the first time they'd beaten Ship in about forever, and they seem to have improved their recruiting. What happens after the latest Lock Haven shakeup remains to be seen. If this new guy can't get them going I think they need to seriously consider whether they want to continue the sport.

Comment

Millersville, although certainly not top tier at this point, was much improved last year. That was the first time they'd beaten Ship in about forever, and they seem to have improved their recruiting. What happens after the latest Lock Haven shakeup remains to be seen. If this new guy can't get them going I think they need to seriously consider whether they want to continue the sport.
                            When they do drop it..the loud cackle heard will be from Ms. Taylor getting the last laugh wherever she is…

Comment

That's good Millersville is slowly coming back to life. The last time the Marauders played at IUP (2019 if I recall) they looked like a high school team -- incredibly small and slow.

Lock Haven has sure typed the talk on social media. Unfortunately now they have to strap up the helmets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                                Glenville is still looking for a Week 1 game.
                                Glenville announced their Week 1 game at Northwood a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X