Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 PSAC Standings predictions

Low effort post before coaches pre season prediction comes out. Give me your prediction for how the final division standings will look. Also, don't take this too seriously. We're just fans, not experts.

West
    1. Slippery Rock
    2. IUP
    3. Gannon
    4. Cal PA
    5. Edinboro
    6. Clarion
    7. Mercyhurst
    8. Seton Hill
    East
    1. West Chester
    2. Shepherd
    3. Kutztown
    4. East Stroudsburg
    5. Shippensburg
    6. Millersville
    7. Bloomsburg
    8. Lock Haven

I'll take a shot here. In the west, feels like a pretty clear two horse race between SRU/GU. The East looks fairly open, but I like what WCU has done this offseason. Would also look for Ville to continue progressing and maybe make a push.

West

1. Slipper Rock
    2. Gannon
    3. Indiana
    4. California
    5. Clarion
    6. Edinboro
    7. Mercyhurst
    8. Seton Hill

East

1. West Chester
    2. Kutztown
    3. Shepherd
    4. Millersville
    5. East Stroudsburg
    6. Shippensburg
    7. Bloomsburg
    8. Lock Haven

Comment

[QUOTE=CUlater;n763506]I'll take a shot here. In the west, feels like a pretty clear two horse race between SRU/GU. The East looks fairly open, but I like what WCU has done this offseason. Would also look for Ville to continue progressing and maybe make a push.

West

1. Slipper Rock
      2. Gannon
      3. Indiana
      4. California
      5. Clarion
      6. Edinboro
      7. Mercyhurst
      8. Seton Hill

East

1. West Chester
      2. Kutztown
      3. Shepherd
      4. Millersville
      5. East Stroudsburg
      6. Shippensburg
      7. Bloomsburg
      8. Lock Haven

BOLD CONTENDERS / OTHERS PRETENDERS ( Surprises are East Stroud and Millersville) Don't kid yourself...Shepherd has lost much but HAS RELOADED.

EAST
      1.Shepherd
      2.East Stroudsburg
      3.Millersville/Kutztown

4.West Chester
      5.Shippensburg
      6.Bloomsburg
      7. Lock Haven

WEST
      1.Slippery Rock
      2.IUP

3.Gannon
      4.CAL
      5.Clarion
      6.Edinboro
      7.Mercyhurst
      8.Seton Hill

Comment

I'm only doing the West.
        1. IUP
        2. LIT AF
        3. Mon Valley U
        4. Edinboro
        5. Clarion
        6. The Lake Show
        7. Seton Hill
        8. Slimey Pebble (because **** them)
        :-)

Comment

West:

1. IUP
          2. SRU
          3. Gannon
          4. California
          5. Edinboro
          6. Mercyhurst
          7. Seton Hill
          8. Clarion

East:

1. Shepherd- Defense is going to be good, good ramp up to start the season with SCSU and Edinboro.
          2. West Chester- Lost their 2 best players, CUlater why are you high on their offseason? Just curious.
          3. Kutztown
          4. East Stroudsburg
          5. Millersville
          6. Ship (I'd have them 4 but the schedule looks brutal)
          7. Bloomsburg
          8. Lock Haven (they'll need more than 1 Bama transfer to get more than 1 win)

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
            West:

1. IUP
            2. SRU
            3. Gannon
            4. California
            5. Edinboro
            6. Mercyhurst
            7. Seton Hill
            8. Clarion

East:

1. Shepherd- Defense is going to be good, good ramp up to start the season with SCSU and Edinboro.
            2. West Chester- Lost their 2 best players, CUlater why are you high on their offseason? Just curious.
            3. Kutztown
            4. East Stroudsburg
            5. Millersville
            6. Ship (I'd have them 4 but the schedule looks brutal)
            7. Bloomsburg
            8. Lock Haven (they'll need more than 1 Bama transfer to get more than 1 win)
            just a hunch more than anything, i could be dead wrong. I think they'll figure out how to best utilize a dynamic athlete at QB and i really like the immediate impact guys they brought in. I don't think they were as far away as it may have felt from time to time last year.

Comment

i posted this in another thread/topic...with 1 change reflected here

West

1. IUP
              2. California
              3. Slippery Rock
              4. Gannon
              5. Mercyhurst
              6. Clarion
              7. Edinboro
              8. Seton Hill

East

1. Kutztown
              2. Shepherd
              3. West Chester
              4. East Stroudsburg
              5. Shippensburg
              6. Millersville
              7. Lock Haven
              8. Bloomsburg

Comment

West:

1. IUP- I thought IUP would contend for the national championship, but the latest post have me wondering. Will still go with them in the West.
                2. SRU
                3. Gannon
                4. California
                5. Edinboro
                6. Mercyhurst
                7. Seton Hill
                8. Clarion

East:

1. Shepherd- Best spring game I have seen. Kid from VMI looked strong at QB. Defense looks tough and menacing. We shall see.
                2. West Chester-
                3. Kutztown
                4. East Stroudsburg
                5. Millersville
                6. Ship
                7. Bloomsburg
                8. Lock Haven

Comment

Boro33 Your Millersville pick is very surprising. Definitely a very bold pick.

Comment

PSAC Media Day scheduled for next week - August 10.

Comment

Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post
                      Boro33 Your Millersville pick is very surprising. Definitely a very bold pick.
                      Millersville did have some of the best talent they've had in a while last season, especially at QB, but they'll have to take a quantum leap (as will most of the Eastern Division) to compete with the likes of Shepherd on a consistent basis. I don't have any idea what to expect from my alma mater, Ship, this year. They were very young last season and depending on how some of those guys come along they could either contend for the first division or finish way down. I thought some of their young linemen were playing well at the end of last season, especially on defense, but with early games against Newberry and IUP it might be hard to gauge for a while if they've improved or not. Having to play musical chairs at QB due to injuries last season was not helpful. Their season will depend on developing a creditable running game and getting some help for Redd Douglas at WR.

Comment

West:

1. IUP
                        2. SRU
                        3. Cal U
                        4. Edinboro
                        5. Gannon
                        6. Mercyhurst
                        7. Seton Hill
                        8. Clarion

East:

1. Shepherd
                        2. Kutztown
                        3. West Chester
                        4. Millersville
                        5. Ship
                        6. East Stroudsburg
                        7. Bloomsburg
                        8. Lock Haven

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Millersville did have some of the best talent they've had in a while last season, especially at QB, but they'll have to take a quantum leap (as will most of the Eastern Division) to compete with the likes of Shepherd on a consistent basis. I don't have any idea what to expect from my alma mater, Ship, this year. They were very young last season and depending on how some of those guys come along they could either contend for the first division or finish way down. I thought some of their young linemen were playing well at the end of last season, especially on defense, but with early games against Newberry and IUP it might be hard to gauge for a while if they've improved or not. Having to play musical chairs at QB due to injuries last season was not helpful. Their season will depend on developing a creditable running game and getting some help for Redd Douglas at WR.
                          With Onasis Neely taking over the RB load, I fully expect the ground game to be improved. I'll be interested to see how QB plays out, considering three guys who started last year are back.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

With Onasis Neely taking over the RB load, I fully expect the ground game to be improved. I'll be interested to see how QB plays out, considering three guys who started last year are back.
                            I saw Neely was coming in, which should help (provided they can avoid injuries), but they'll need the lines to step up to have any kind of chance against some of the big boys on the schedule. They should have experienced guys at all those spots this year. I thought I saw some definite potential on the d-line and at linebacker by the end of last season — hope I'm not wrong. Yeah, I guess the QB battle continues for another year. It'll be interesting to see who gets the nod. At least we have some experienced depth at the position if the injury bug bites again.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X