Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facilities Upgrades

I recall there were some recent donations at Millersville and Shippensburg to upgrade their facilities. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edinboro has announced three off season camps in suburban Buffalo (Bills training facility), Cleveland (Mayfield), and Pittsburgh (Fox Chapel) because they're FINALLY getting new turf at Sox Harrison. An upside of the merger is that Edinboro's AD now has people above her that believe athletic facility upgrades are much needed and making it happen. I'm excited - from what I've heard there will be plaid end zones.

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I recall there were some recent donations at Millersville and Shippensburg to upgrade their facilities. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edinboro has announced three off season camps in suburban Buffalo (Bills training facility), Cleveland (Mayfield), and Pittsburgh (Fox Chapel) because they're FINALLY getting new turf at Sox Harrison. An upside of the merger is that Edinboro's AD now has people above her that believe athletic facility upgrades are much needed and making it happen. I'm excited - from what I've heard there will be plaid end zones.
    Good news and cant wait to see those endzones!

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Ship had a big upgrade to the locker rooms at Seth Grove a couple of years back and just finished a more modern upgrade at Henderson Gymnasium, which houses some of the other sports. If they get any donations in the future, I'd much rather see it go toward scholarships.

Comment

Please post pictures when it’s completed. I always loved the ride to boro

Comment

The Reparations due to IUP by The Home Office and Harrisburg for damages done by the IUP Rule should be a total renovation of The Cig on the taxpayer dime or reallocation of funds from the 13 guilty schools.

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
            The Reparations due to IUP by The Home Office and Harrisburg for damages done by the IUP Rule should be a total renovation of The Cig on the taxpayer dime or reallocation of funds from the 13 guilty schools.

Dream on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Dream on.
              IUP should sue for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
                Please post pictures when it’s completed. I always loved the ride to boro
                If the graphic I saw is true and what is done, I'm excited. They desperately need new turf and some character. Not sure why they went so basic before. My only suggestion would be for an oversized logo at midfield.

As I said, the merger has helped highlight that their athletic facilities outside of the dome were getting pretty tired and worn out. Not sure who deserves credit - the current AD or the new eyes from the other campuses - but I appreciate the refaced scoreboard at Sox Harrison and the refresh in the arena of McComb. It also gives me hope that they see the value of athletics at each campus.

Comment

IUP should sue for it.

As I said. Dream on. The whole PASSHE system should sue the legislature for nonsupport.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

As I said. Dream on. The whole PASSHE system should sue the legislature for nonsupport.
                    If Harrisburg could pay for the useless Angelo Dome they can pay for a new Cig to say they are sorry for destroying our foosball program.

Comment

If Harrisburg could pay for the useless Angelo Dome they can pay for a new Cig to say they are sorry for destroying our foosball program.
                      Well, 'destroyed' is a big word but it certainly took the wind out of the sails.

I don't think many of the younger group realizes that Frank's power teams would have beat Tort's best teams by 28+.

I think the '93 team beats the '17 team by at least 35 points.

It was just a different time at IUP. Frank had talent for days on those teams. They weren't all angels. Lol.

It does make you wonder how long that would have kept going sans the IUP Rule.

Comment

13? Still spewing falsehoods.

Comment

Going by the 'characters' that you IUP faithful reference from back in the day... eventually this was going to happen. You might be able to say that Cal in the late 2000's was an extension of that type of team from the early to mid 90's IUP. Eventually, the warts were going be too much to just brush under the rug.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, 'destroyed' is a big word but it certainly took the wind out of the sails.

It does make you wonder how long that would have kept going sans the IUP Rule.
                            The team was nationally relevant year after year back then. I think it's likely they still would be had the IUP rule not been inacted.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                              Going by the 'characters' that you IUP faithful reference from back in the day... eventually this was going to happen. You might be able to say that Cal in the late 2000's was an extension of that type of team from the early to mid 90's IUP. Eventually, the warts were going be too much to just brush under the rug.
                              The warts only surfaced AFTER the IUP Rule was implemented.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X