Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

1. Why would "Sharp and his cronies" put any sort of pressure on WT to force them to move to D1? Based on what logic?
    2. To what D1 conference would you propose that WT move?
    3. From a state away, the LSC appears on more solid ground than it has in a long time. Even if the LSC dropped down to 5 or 6 football-playing schools, finding out-of-conference games isn't any big deal. Schools from the RMAC and MIAA would be delighted to schedule a home-and-home I would think. And if you have to travel to CA or WA or back east for a game, so be it. Better one or two plane trips for your football team than dozens of trips for in-conference games for your entire athletic program from now on.
    If I am not mistaken, MIAA has 12 football teams and plays a "closed" schedule, i.e., no out of conference games.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
      Am I the only one thinking that the LSC is going to add the GNAC as football only members for next year? I mean there are only 4 teams, so that would but our football playing schools at 12. That's 11 D2 games every year. Sounds like it makes too much sense to actually happen.
      As I pointed out in another thread, I think, If the GNAC is added in Football to the LSC, it would be pretty expensive for those GNAC schools. It would mean 3 or 4 trips to Texas/New Mexico every year, in addition to he large trips they take (Vancouver to California). Trips like that add up very quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by texcap View Post
        If I am not mistaken, MIAA has 12 football teams and plays a "closed" schedule, i.e., no out of conference games.
        There is a belief that the MIAA is going to open the schedule back up.

Comment

if anyone thinks moving to the WAC is the oasis in the desert, read on.

https://info.umkc.edu/unews/costly-w...-umkcs-budget/

https://www.kcur.org/post/umkc-s-mov...udget#stream/0
          Pretty much seems like a desert in and of itself. Hope Lonn and Hurley can raise some Texan Club bucks to cover those travel costs.

Comment

• I have my Master's from Tarleton and am excited about the possibility of FCS. Not sure how the independent thing in football would work out. With a child at WT, I would love for the Buffaloes to follow along.

Comment

• I read somewhere that Chicago State might be dropping athletics as was UMKC. Can't find the link anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by gruesome View Post

Vulpes, I recommend you watch the town hall meeting on YouTube or at least play it in the background while you're doing something else. I gleaned a lot of information from it that isn't being reported in the media. wisdomgymrat has been adamant that the Southland Conference is going down and that the likes of WT, Sam Houston, SFA, UTRGV (adding football), Northern Colorado, and New Mexico State will receive invites to the new WAC FCS conference. (See page 1 of this thread.) Dr. Hurley also mentioned in the town hall that the WAC is actively starting an FCS football conference.

To put it in perspective, Dixie State's feasibility study mentioned that it should not join the WAC without football, so it stands to reason that their joining the conference was with a guarantee that FCS football would be brought on as a conference-sponsored sport.

As far as behind the scenes, your guess is as good as mine, but wisdomgymrat seems to be our most reliable source for insider information.
                My main concern is that like the WAC now, the FCS WAC won't be geographically close.

As for the schools my understanding wastwas WT said no but they're doing a study, NMSU won't drop, UTRGV wants FBS and I don't get the reasoning for SHSU and SFA to bolt unless the SLC is shakier than I thought.

Not going to argue that last point. Wisdomgymrat is on the money thus far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalodad View Post
                  I read somewhere that Chicago State might be dropping athletics as was UMKC. Can't find the link anymore.
                  That would probably be in their best interest from my understanding. Honestly surprised they haven't closed yet.

Comment

Welcome to the big time, Tarleton State!
                    For the record, UMKC will be out of the WAC by the time Tarleton State joins.

Comment

• Comment

• With the looming fears of an SLC implosion (at least that's what's being said over and over on this board), I'm surprised we haven't heard rumors of a Texas-only FCS conference. It would make sense. ACU, HBU, Lamar, SHSU, SFA, TSU, and UIW with Football. Add in UT-Arlington, UTRGV (since there's been rumor about them wanting to add football), and A&M-CC for other sports. Then Angelo, Commerce, and WT can join in later. Once the A&M regents decide to merge Kingsville with CC, the Island Hogs will be another football playing school.

Comment

• Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
                          With the looming fears of an SLC implosion (at least that's what's being said over and over on this board), I'm surprised we haven't heard rumors of a Texas-only FCS conference. It would make sense. ACU, HBU, Lamar, SHSU, SFA, TSU, and UIW with Football. Add in UT-Arlington, UTRGV (since there's been rumor about them wanting to add football), and A&M-CC for other sports. Then Angelo, Commerce, and WT can join in later. Once the A&M regents decide to merge Kingsville with CC, the Island Hogs will be another football playing school.
                          Not a bad idea. Just drop UTA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

There is a belief that the MIAA is going to open the schedule back up.
                            I am sure the coaches would love a chance to add In Region OOC games.

Comment

• Originally posted by gruesome View Post

What's wrong with Cecil Ballow?

Comment

• Well... poo.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X