Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USF Cougars - 2023

Appreciate some big W's in Coach A's tenure but I think it's time to turn the page to the Coach Glo era with a new thread.

Watched the press conference and I'm excited to see what he has in store for the Coo. Lots of energy.

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
    2016 NSIC Champions
    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
    Appreciate some big W's in Coach A's tenure but I think it's time to turn the page to the Coach Glo era with a new thread.

Watched the press conference and I'm excited to see what he has in store for the Coo. Lots of energy.

Agreed. I like his energy. He's got a lot to do quick. Congrats Coach Glo

Comment

Best of luck to the Coo, we'll see what really caused our pass defense to be so terrible now!

Comment

From MSUMavericks.com...

Recruiting Area (Iowa, Nebraska, Sioux Falls)

That should help the transition for Glogowski.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
          From MSUMavericks.com...

Recruiting Area (Iowa, Nebraska, Sioux Falls)

That should help the transition for Glogowski.
          Exactly. Really like this guy. Seems USF got it right after all the wait!

Comment

Coach Glo gets his OC

https://blugolds.com/sports/fball/20...20221214i5waxj

Comment

Originally posted by USFIllini View Post
              For those who haven't dug deeper, former USD player and coach. Before UWEC, was QB coach at Maryland.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by USFIllini View Post
                  He's a good one. Been following he and his brothers careers for awhile now.

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post

He's a good one. Been following he and his brothers careers for awhile now.
                    It’s a family he knows well, too

Comment

DC hire announced: https://usfcougars.com/news/2022/12/...-football.aspx

Comment

Offensive assistant announced: https://usfcougars.com/news/2022/12/...ing-staff.aspx

Comment

LBs coach announced: https://usfcougars.com/news/2022/12/...-football.aspx

Somewhat interesting as an intraconference hire.
                          4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                          2016 NSIC Champions
                          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Leaving MSUM where he was Defensive coordinator to LB coach is a step down. I'm sure he had a reason for leaving, maybe better pay or he and the head coach were having issues.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                              Leaving MSUM where he was Defensive coordinator to LB coach is a step down. I'm sure he had a reason for leaving, maybe better pay or he and the head coach were having issues.
                              I'm guessing as a Co-DC that could indicate not having full creative control of the defense..but instead having a shared approach with another coach. I could understand either leaving to find a school where you can fully call the defense or simply moving up to a school who's a stronger program with playoff upside..and in this case a new staff entirely. I'm guessing the pay is similar overall..but as Glo has mentioned a few times, no state income tax in SD, etc..which can help too.

So far Glo has gotten staff that has good experience elsewhere..more than a lot of D2 staffs = your OC was a sitting head coach that's been an OC at USD..and others were good experience/upside for their roles. Any NSIC staff is going to have some kinda mix with younger staffers and guys with further experience, just so that the $$ can work for the coaching pool in general. Augie is almost an exception when looking at the NSIC in terms of staff stability, but now they too are looking for an OC.

Considering the lingering portal exits of some of their better players, USF will have an especially interesting list of transfers (in an effort to have some plug-n-play guys for existing holes) while also having high school guys. I know they've secured some names but have been kinda on the down-low about it as it's kinda the wild west and somebody isn't truly your recruit anymore until they are signed and delivered.

Overall, I've been impressed with the staff Glo's been able to acquire in a short time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X