Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Any list that doesn't include Casey Bauman is not a real list.

126-186 67.7% completion
    1819 yards passing (129 yards rushing net of sacks)
    18 passing TDs, 3 rushing TDs
    5 INTs
    176.4 passing efficiency, best in the league
    Really impressive stuff from him, just grabbed the top 5 from the most recent discussed rankings in this thread and pulled stats. Should have kept going down the list!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakotaDragon View Post

Revisiting this list through 7 weeks:

1. Bohn (Wayne) - 118/206 (57.28%) - 1901 yds - 14 td - 4 int
      2. Walljasper (UMD) - 71/124 (57.26%) - 948 yds - 14 td - 2 int
      3. Alt (Bemidji) - 111/195 (56.92%) - 1548 yds - 15 td - 4 int
      4. Ekern (Mankato) - 95/165 (57.58%) - 1445 yds - 14 td - 4 int
      5.Strand (Moorhead) - 237/356 (66.57%) - 2663 yds - 28 td - 5 int

Not biased enough to not realize that Strand has twice the opportunities than the rest of the top 5, but he sure makes the most of them with minimal mistakes. I would argue he has to be the best in the NSIC right now. Hope this kid plans to stick around Moorhead for another 2 seasons after this.
      Based on the numbers, I would move Strand higher than fifth. He might be second or third for me. Note: My team has faced everyone on this list (including Bauman) except for Ekern and Strand, who we face in the next two weeks. It's not just about the volume for Strand. I know they pass almost exclusively. But he's got the production and the efficiency to back up that level of trust. So what if they pass twice as much as anyone? Split his numbers in half and they still deserve to be right up there around second or third. I know they are only 4-3, but that's damn impressive at a program like Moorhead, being within a stone's throw of beating both undefeateds MSU and Augie.

I understand the overall hype around someone like Walljasper, he's an exceptional athlete at the position, but he's not as great as a true QB imo.

Comment

I kinda just like the official NISC stats for top QBs based on efficiency. Just go by the NISC stats and sort based on efficiency (click the efficiency heading)
        Bauman is heads and shoulders above the rest.

https://northernsun.org/stats.aspx?p...ball&year=2023

You end up with this (too dumb to cut and paste it so look at the link)
        1 Bauman (Augustana)
        2 Walljasper (UMD)
        3 Ekern (Kato)
        4 Bohn (Wayne State)
        5 Strand (MSU Moorhead)
        6 Dean (Sioux Falls)
        7 Alt (Bemidjit)
        8 Stenstrom (WInona)
        9 Massound (U Mary)
        10 Martin (Southwest Minnesota State)
        11 Cordts (Concordia St. Paul)

Not every QB has played the some level of competition yet. Not every QB has the same level of surrounding cast. Also weather makes a huge difference, so it becomes very subjective. But if you start with efficiency, that gives you something sort of non biased to start with. I have not really seen Strand play. I assume if you put him on Augie or Wayne he might be even better.

Let's see where they end up at the end of the year. Alt is low right now but to me probably 2, Bauman has looked the best with my eyes so far.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakotaDragon View Post

Not biased enough to not realize that Strand has twice the opportunities than the rest of the top 5, but he sure makes the most of them with minimal mistakes. I would argue he has to be the best in the NSIC right now. Hope this kid plans to stick around Moorhead for another 2 seasons after this.
          After watching Strand play this last weekend, I agree he is very good. Just as impressive though are his receivers. They could go up and grab about anything that Strand threw, including some passes that I thought were uncatchable.

Comment

My list is

1. Strand
            2. Bohn
            3. Alt
            4. Bauman

Comment

Originally posted by 34blast View Post
              I kinda just like the official NISC stats for top QBs based on efficiency. Just go by the NISC stats and sort based on efficiency (click the efficiency heading)
              Bauman is heads and shoulders above the rest.

https://northernsun.org/stats.aspx?p...ball&year=2023

You end up with this (too dumb to cut and paste it so look at the link)
              1 Bauman (Augustana)
              2 Walljasper (UMD)
              3 Ekern (Kato)
              4 Bohn (Wayne State)
              5 Strand (MSU Moorhead)
              6 Dean (Sioux Falls)
              7 Alt (Bemidjit)
              8 Stenstrom (WInona)
              9 Massound (U Mary)
              10 Martin (Southwest Minnesota State)
              11 Cordts (Concordia St. Paul)

Not every QB has played the some level of competition yet. Not every QB has the same level of surrounding cast. Also weather makes a huge difference, so it becomes very subjective. But if you start with efficiency, that gives you something sort of non biased to start with. I have not really seen Strand play. I assume if you put him on Augie or Wayne he might be even better.

Let's see where they end up at the end of the year. Alt is low right now but to me probably 2, Bauman has looked the best with my eyes so far.
              Here you go:
              G COMP ATT INT PCT YDS TD LONG AVG/G EFFIC
              1 Bauman,Casey (Augustana) 7 126 186 5 67.7 1819 18 82 259.9 176.4
              2 Walljasper,Kyle (Minnesota Duluth) 7 71 124 2 57.3 948 15 43 135.4 158.2
              3 Ekern,Hayden (Minnesota State ) 7 95 165 4 57.6 1445 14 90 206.4 154.3
              4 Bohn,Nick (Wayne State College) 7 118 206 4 57.3 1901 14 75 271.6 153.3
              5 Strand,Jack (MSU Moorhead) 7 237 356 5 66.6 2663 28 71 380.4 152.6
              6 Dean,Camden (Sioux Falls) 7 131 190 5 68.9 1461 12 75 208.7 149.1
              7 Alt,Brandon (Bemidji State) 6 111 195 4 56.9 1548 15 50 258 144.9
              8 Stenstrom,Cole (Winona State) 7 126 218 9 57.8 1574 13 55 224.9 129.9
              9 Massoud,Sofian (UMary) 7 76 116 3 65.5 697 4 37 99.6 122.2
              10 Martin,Marcus (Southwest Minnesota State) 7 100 182 8 54.9 1298 7 65 185.4 118.8
              11 Cordts,Conner (Concordia-St. Paul) 7 104 196 6 53.1 1085 4 51 155 100.2

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Any list that doesn't include Casey Bauman is not a real list.

126-186 67.7% completion
                1819 yards passing (129 yards rushing net of sacks)
                18 passing TDs, 3 rushing TDs
                5 INTs
                176.4 passing efficiency, best in the league
                Bauman has put up some impressive numbers, but Augie hasn't exactly played the a tough schedule. I will be interested to see how he fares against Mankato, Wayne, and Bemidji over the final month of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                  My list is

1. Strand
                  2. Bohn
                  3. Alt
                  4. Bauman
                  Agree. 5-7 are basically all the same level - Dean, Ekern and Walljasper - but I’d put them in that order.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Bauman has put up some impressive numbers, but Augie hasn't exactly played the a tough schedule. I will be interested to see how he fares against Mankato, Wayne, and Bemidji over the final month of the season.
                    Have you seen Bauman play? Dude has a rifle and is pretty accurate to my eyes. They only thing I saw is Augies has alot of deep routes without quick passes and check downs. So he can takes some sacks if the line doesn't hold up on a play. But your right, let's see how he does against Mankato, Wayne, and Bemidji. I bet it will be pretty good.

Comment

Have you seen Bauman play? Dude has a rifle and is pretty accurate to my eyes. They only thing I saw is Augies has alot of deep routes without quick passes and check downs. So he can takes some sacks if the line doesn't hold up on a play. But your right, let's see how he does against Mankato, Wayne, and Bemidji. I bet it will be pretty good.
                      It's easy to understand the skeptics of Casey Bauman. Last season numbers weren't great as he played with a significant shoulder injury much of the season. This season his numbers are real and impressive. Just as 34blast stated the big guy will do well against upcoming tough competition. He is fun to watch.

Comment

I would put his over/under prop at 313.5 yards this weekend against the Mavs

Comment

Does a guy like Strand, at 6’ 5” and really good passing numbers take a chance on moving up to FCS or even FBS after the season? Looks like a “3years to play 2” scenario. In years past, I doubt it, but with the portal is a legit conversation

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post
                            Does a guy like Strand, at 6’ 5” and really good passing numbers take a chance on moving up to FCS or even FBS after the season? Looks like a “3years to play 2” scenario. In years past, I doubt it, but with the portal is a legit conversation
                            Please no

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post
                              Likely depends on the opportunities that come to him. My guess would be no, but some surprises have certainly happened recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I would put his over/under prop at 313.5 yards this weekend against the Mavs
                                I am hoping for the under. I think Kato runs too much for us to have enough possessions for 314 yards of passing, because I think our deep shots will not be there and most completions will be underneath to soften up the backers to allow us to run some. If we are at 314 yards passing it is likely a blow out one way or the other in my opinion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X