Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Not entirely true. Infact, PA as a whole does recruit, and on par with many colleges. When you go to their web site, there is an instant "chat" link to connect immediately with a "counselor" (recruiter) about your interest in Pulaski. This counselor is very knowledgable about the various scholarships that students interested in attending PA may qualify for. If you are an athlete, the counselor hints around specific "programs" that are often used to "ease the tuition burden" for athletes. It's almost impossible to get off of the chat with the counselor without receiving an "information package" that includes information on scholarships AND an initial enrollment application.

As far as a coach going on the road and specifically recruiting a player from another HS to come to PA, I agree, that doesn't happen. But I do ascribe to the "If you build it, they will come" theory of recruiting. PA has a great track record of success and putting players into college. Because of that, they don't really need to recruit to have a steady flow of quality players coming through the door each and every year.
    I take it that you have not seen them play.

If that is the case, they need to fire their counselor! Out weighed 40-50 lbs on both lines, 150 lb linebacker from Japan. Very few scholarships offers at pa and those few are d2 and d3.

of course every private school has to recruit many students regardless of whether they are good athletes and offer financial assistance. Does help that they are top academic school.

like wlu basketball they have never won a pre game warmup.

they have a d1 recruit every couple of years. Jr running back has offers from Louisville, kansas, etc.
    tyler TX had 2 power 5 running backs and PA killed them.

PA did have a qb two years ago who got a late walk on offer from Bama, possibly because he threw for 900 yards in One game and 15,000 in career. he transferred to ark state after freshman year.

they changed the game to compete, that is what wlu football needs to do imho.
    Last edited by Columbuseer; 03-17-2021, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Guess we'll have to wait Chip until the National Championship game for our two little sad-sack teams to play!!
      That sounds like a plan! Frankly, I was surprised WT got the 1 seed due to playing fewer games.

We got screwed out of at least 6 wins because of shenanigans in our conference. A few coaches screwed us and even one school President. Their teams COULD have played, but found ways not to play by shading the covid protocols for all they were worth. Not playing WT, without penalty when the could have played, was better than taking a loss. Our conference gave away too much latitude. For instance, one school played a conference opponent with 5 players available, but only days later, after WT traveled 610 miles for a 2 game series, the same school's President called it off a few hours before tip-off. His team team had 8 players available.

Comment

• the wlu pace of play and pressure has a way of distorting traditional analysis of matchups between teams.
        Nwmo has a great team with incredible shooters. Wlu needs to shoot over 40% from three. Imho the winner has a great shot at the finals.

Comment

• [QUOTE=BuffaloChip;n570505]

I agree about WT vs WL. I think WT should be the 1, but we all know how the NCAA kisses NW's butt till it's raw. Haha!

If so, why did NW get the #2 seed in the Central Region and #2 in Elite 8?

Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-17-2021, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• You need d1 body, not just d1 skill. Had a shot at overseas at wlu. Nice guy. Hope he is OK with choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

You need d1 body, not just d1 skill. Had a shot at overseas at wlu. Nice guy. Hope he is OK with choice.
                Last I saw he was playing about 11 mpg.

Comment

• When Hill tells the story in 10 years, that stat line will swell to 13.3 PPG and will include how he single handedly carried Cleveland State to the NCAA Tourney!

Comment

• [QUOTE=NWFanatic;n570751]
                    Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I agree about WT vs WL. I think WT should be the 1, but we all know how the NCAA kisses NW's butt till it's raw. Haha!

If so, why did NW get the #2 seed in the Central Region and #2 in Elite 8?

I guess NW deserved them. Ha!

It really makes little difference as long as WT and NW are in different brackets. Hopefully, both make the finals. If they do, it should make for a great championship game.

Comment

• [QUOTE=BuffaloChip;n570828]
                      Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

I guess NW deserved them. Ha!

It really makes little difference as long as WT and NW are in different brackets

Comment

• It's clear that this was a year, if any, that the #1 seed really mattered. No offense to Daemen--and the Sischo kid is legit for sure--but their track record suggests they are the far weaker opponent than any of the other 7. In most years, the difference between the 1 & 2 seed is marginal. The fact that NW got the stiffest test of its 2019 title run from #8 Mercyhurst bears that out. But this was a year in which drawing Daemen was a real "prize" for the #1 seed, because there appeared to be a reasonably steep drop-off from #7 (regardless of who got it) to #8 in this Elite 8 field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                          It's clear that this was a year, if any, that the #1 seed really mattered. No offense to Daemen--and the Sischo kid is legit for sure--but their track record suggests they are the far weaker opponent than any of the other 7. In most years, the difference between the 1 & 2 seed is marginal. The fact that NW got the stiffest test of its 2019 title run from #8 Mercyhurst bears that out. But this was a year in which drawing Daemen was a real "prize" for the #1 seed, because there appeared to be a reasonably steep drop-off from #7 (regardless of who got it) to #8 in this Elite 8 field.
                          I wouldn't sleep on Daemen. Remember they played several games this year with major Covid issues and players out.

Sure, they are a major dog. But, they are certainly better than their record.

Comment

• [QUOTE=NWFanatic;n570835]Should wlu be fortunate enough to go to the finals, no one can say that we got there by avoiding the best team in the tourney in NWMSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                              It's clear that this was a year, if any, that the #1 seed really mattered. No offense to Daemen--and the Sischo kid is legit for sure--but their track record suggests they are the far weaker opponent than any of the other 7. In most years, the difference between the 1 & 2 seed is marginal. The fact that NW got the stiffest test of its 2019 title run from #8 Mercyhurst bears that out. But this was a year in which drawing Daemen was a real "prize" for the #1 seed, because there appeared to be a reasonably steep drop-off from #7 (regardless of who got it) to #8 in this Elite 8 field.
                              Teams with legit post players have given NW some trouble the last couple years since we don't have a true post player. We play more position-less style basketball so Daemen and Sischo could have given us some issues. Losses or really close games in the last couple years include Missouri Southern (Cam Martin- post player who averages 25pts/game), Washburn (Clausing- post player who only averaged 10/game but was hurt in the regular season right after playing us and never was the same player the rest of the year) and Northern St (Fox- D2 player of the year candidate who plays on the post).

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Teams with legit post players have given NW some trouble the last couple years since we don't have a true post player. We play more position-less style basketball so Daemen and Sischo could have given us some issues. Losses or really close games in the last couple years include Missouri Southern (Cam Martin- post player who averages 25pts/game), Washburn (Clausing- post player who only averaged 10/game but was hurt in the regular season right after playing us and never was the same player the rest of the year) and Northern St (Fox- D2 player of the year candidate who plays on the post).
                                I agree with importance of matchups at this level of play.
                                ideally, one would like to avoid playing the worst matchups while playing the most favorable matchups. But it obviously requires some luck in seeding and upsets.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X