Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Hack-A-Shaq him. Put him on the FT line all day if he's causing problems. Not his strength.
    I don't know if we have enough depth to do it. And he seems to hit everything when they play us. I think our incoming transfer Donovan Hill will prove to be a pretty good player, but even if he's only adequate Ship just needs another big body in there to help solve the constant matchup problems. Given the makeup of the roster, Markus Frank Is shouldering more of the rebounding burden than I'd like to see, and with his thin frame he's taken quite a pounding in some games. That's a young man we need to keep healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I don't know if we have enough depth to do it. And he seems to hit everything when they play us. I think our incoming transfer Donovan Hill will prove to be a pretty good player, but even if he's only adequate Ship just needs another big body in there to help solve the constant matchup problems. Given the makeup of the roster, Markus Frank Is shouldering more of the rebounding burden than I'd like to see, and with his thin frame he's taken quite a pounding in some games. That's a young man we need to keep healthy.
      Bloomsburg can actually play somewhat well -- at times. They seem to have a motivation issue.

They played very tough and aggressive at IUP, and also lost to Gannon, 128-113. Other nights they look totally disinterested (at UPJ and at Mercyhurst).

I watched them in person ... it's not a terrible roster. They should have a better record than 2-10. They took the Mercyhurst game (Wednesday) off so you guys may get a better effort tonight. It's certainly a team you want to bury quickly and not give any hope. I suspect they will give Ship some issues under the basket.

Comment

Bloomsburg can actually play somewhat well -- at times. They seem to have a motivation issue.

They played very tough and aggressive at IUP, and also lost to Gannon, 128-113. Other nights they look totally disinterested (at UPJ and at Mercyhurst).

I watched them in person ... it's not a terrible roster. They should have a better record than 2-10. They took the Mercyhurst game (Wednesday) off so you guys may get a better effort tonight. It's certainly a team you want to bury quickly and not give any hope. I suspect they will give Ship some issues under the basket.
        They gave us a very tough game at Ship last season late in the season when we had a 19-9 team that was basically three two-point losses away from making the NCAA tourney, so I never take anyone likely. I believe that was the game where Dom Sleva was injured, which didn't hellp.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

There has to be more to the Clarke story (maybe there is and I've just not read it). To be ruled academically ineligible midseason heading into the next semester seems like a credit issue, not necessarily grades. I wonder if something got mixed up with his transfer. That said, if he is actually ineligible because of his grades, I would have to image that there could have been warning signs of that from his transcript.

Either way, what a mess.

It is a complicated story - not necessarily grade related.

I know the actual story but won't post it on here.

They have a shot to get him back. Should know any day.

IF he returns, they could be fairly decent (even without Dallis).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

They gave us a very tough game at Ship last season late in the season when we had a 19-9 team that was basically three two-point losses away from making the NCAA tourney, so I never take anyone likely. I believe that was the game where Dom Sleva was injured, which didn't hellp.
            Remember, Nelson was ejected from the last game. He may have to sit out tonight.

He was tossed in the first half. Not sure if that matters or not.

I know if tossed in second half they sit the next game.

Comment

Remember, Nelson was ejected from the last game. He may have to sit out tonight.

He was tossed in the first half. Not sure if that matters or not.

I know if tossed in second half they sit the next game.
              It obviously would be nice for Ship if he doesn't play. I find it hard to keep up with all the rule changes these days. I haven't been to a high school game in a while and didn't realize until a friend told me that they've eliminated one-and-one free throw shooting in Pa. high school basketball. They're basically doing it the same as the college women now — two shots after five fouls are committed in a quarter.

Comment

• Big week ahead for Redshirt Joe (and the ladies' team).

Mercyhurst comes to the KCAC on Wednesday for the rivalry game. The Lakers have been playing well of late.

Saturday, IUP travels to Gannon.

The men's team has to split this week. No sweep. Hopefully they have the ruling on Garvin Clarke early this week (and it's favorable).

Comment

• Hopefully be a good week. Fingers crossed. Cal looked very good against Gannon who were vulnerable on a quick transition. Cal able to break their press with quick movement and got a lot of easy lay ups

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post
                    Hopefully be a good week. Fingers crossed. Cal looked very good against Gannon who were vulnerable on a quick transition. Cal able to break their press with quick movement and got a lot of easy lay ups

Well, I can assure you one thing: Bryce Radford isn't going to catch Mercyhurst off guard (like he did Shepherd).

Even in a year when both are down, this will be an interesting matchup to watch. Gary and Joe know each others' systems so well. IUP had a full week to prepare.

Keep in mind, despite an 8-7 record, Mercyhurst is a few buckets away from having a much, much different mark. The Lakers are far from a pushover. They played in that national tip-off and weren't ready (with all their new faces). They also have single-basket losses to Daemen and at East Stroudsburg.

Gary will certainly have a plan to deal with Radford, so IUP is going to need somebody else to step up in the scoring department. That said, Bryce can really stretch a zone with his range. I expect Ethan will have a huge stat night.

Comment

Well, I can assure you one thing: Bryce Radford isn't going to catch Mercyhurst off guard (like he did Shepherd).

Even in a year when both are down, this will be an interesting matchup to watch. Gary and Joe know each others' systems so well. IUP had a full week to prepare.

Keep in mind, despite an 8-7 record, Mercyhurst is a few buckets away from having a much, much different mark. The Lakers are far from a pushover. They played in that national tip-off and weren't ready (with all their new faces). They also have single-basket losses to Daemen and at East Stroudsburg.

Gary will certainly have a plan to deal with Radford, so IUP is going to need somebody else to step up in the scoring department. That said, Bryce can really stretch a zone with his range. I expect Ethan will have a huge stat night.
                      This game will be a race to 50.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

This game will be a race to 50.
                        As depleted as they are, I still like IUP in most games played at 55 or under.

They'll get smoked in shootouts with so little depth and so few scorers.

Make no mistake, this is a massive game Wednesday in the race for the three spot.

Comment

• As I mentioned over the weekend, Garvin Clarke WON his appeal and will return tonight for IUP.

That is a huge boost for IUP.

Comment

• Sounds like the starting lineup tonight will be:

Garvin Clarke
                            Bryce Radford
                            Jaylen Stewart
                            Damir Brooks
                            Ethan Porterfield

I'd like to see Waldo stay in the rotation. I think Joe found a role for him last week. Lambert and Petteno will likely be 6 and 7.

This Garvin news is obviously huge because he is a great creator and he will make it harder for teams to swarm Bryce. As we saw last week, Stewart is also capable of big games when he has the green light.
                            ​​

Comment

Sounds like the starting lineup tonight will be:

Garvin Clarke
                              Bryce Radford
                              Jaylen Stewart
                              Damir Brooks
                              Ethan Porterfield

I'd like to see Waldo stay in the rotation. I think Joe found a role for him last week. Lambert and Petteno will likely be 6 and 7.

This Garvin news is obviously huge because he is a great creator and he will make it harder for teams to swarm Bryce. As we saw last week, Stewart is also capable of big games when he has the green light.
                              ​​
                              Great news having Garvin back. Unlikely Bryce and Stewart will has as good a game as they did against Shepherd however if they play decent then should be a good game

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post

Great news having Garvin back. Unlikely Bryce and Stewart will has as good a game as they did against Shepherd however if they play decent then should be a good game
                                I like the first one to 58 tonight to win. It's going to be a slugfest.

Dallis is still a massive loss but Garvin is certainly a big boost. I think he's an elite PG at this level and gives them back a huge presence on both ends.

Scoring will be tough tonight. Mercyhurst's defense is getting better by the week. As with all of Gary's transition year teams, they all seem to have the lightbulb go off in January.

I picked the Lakers yesterday at -1.5. However, with Garvin now confirmed, that would shift the pick back to IUP at home - in a close one. We still have to see how Bryce and Garvin play together.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X