Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW, rumor is they think Clarke is going to win his appeal and could be cleared to return very quickly (by next game).

Comment

• While I certainly don’t expect to see that type of shooting every night, it’s nice to know the capability is there. I never would’ve believed a performance like that was possible 24 hours ago. Honestly with the possible exception of Gannon, who I admittedly haven’t actually watched yet, there probably isn’t a team in the west that IUP can’t beat, but there’s also, with the possible exception of Edinboro, not a team that can’t beat them. In the end though, I think they still face the same question as when Dallis and Clarke were playing. Can anybody outside the big 3 score when those guys aren’t cooking?

Comment

• Bryce is a good shooter but not that good. That was his ceiling last night. You can’t expect him to drop bombs inside half court the rest of the year.

Let’s be clear, all the scoring last night came from 3 players. If one is off they could struggle.

Defense travels! They’ll be in ball games with D like that.

I don’t believe Clarke will be back until he is. NCAA is a joke! D1 the players don’t even go to class, collect NIL, etc!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
          Bryce is a good shooter but not that good. That was his ceiling last night. You can’t expect him to drop bombs inside half court the rest of the year.

Let’s be clear, all the scoring last night came from 3 players. If one is off they could struggle.

I don’t believe Clarke will be back until he is. NCAA is a joke! D1 the players don’t even go to class, collect NIL, etc!
          I agree with the above comment that they'll look like that occasionally -- and on other nights get blown out of the building.

Is what it is at this point. Only so many guys left. Redshirts are still in tracksuits.

Comment

• Per WCCS:

Dallis had knee surgery yesterday.

Denzel is having knee surgery tomorrow (explains that).

Also, redshirt PG Anthony Watson appears shut down for the season with an arm injury.

Obviously Clarke is out.

Callum MacNamara didn't dress last night.

So, that's a third of the roster on the shelf.

Comment

Bryce is a good shooter but not that good. That was his ceiling last night. You can’t expect him to drop bombs inside half court the rest of the year.

There has to be more to the Clarke story (maybe there is and I've just not read it). To be ruled academically ineligible midseason heading into the next semester seems like a credit issue, not necessarily grades. I wonder if something got mixed up with his transfer. That said, if he is actually ineligible because of his grades, I would have to image that there could have been warning signs of that from his transcript.

Either way, what a mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Per WCCS:

Dallis had knee surgery yesterday.

Denzel is having knee surgery tomorrow (explains that).

Also, redshirt PG Anthony Watson appears shut down for the season with an arm injury.

Obviously Clarke is out.

Callum MacNamara didn't dress last night.

So, that's a third of the roster on the shelf.
                MacNamara apparently got an upper body injury while at home over break. It wasn’t basketball related per Joe’s pregame interview last night. It sounded like he’d be back for the next game. Joe was reluctant to provide any details but it might be something that has some humor to go along with it reading between the lines.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

MacNamara apparently got an upper body injury while at home over break. It wasn’t basketball related per Joe’s pregame interview last night. It sounded like he’d be back for the next game. Joe was reluctant to provide any details but it might be something that has some humor to go along with it reading between the lines.
                  Shepherd guard nominated today for an Oscar.

Lambert (140 lbs) hit this dude and he flew (flopped) like 1989 Tyson decked him.

It was hilarious

Lambert got called lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                    While I certainly don’t expect to see that type of shooting every night, it’s nice to know the capability is there. I never would’ve believed a performance like that was possible 24 hours ago. Honestly with the possible exception of Gannon, who I admittedly haven’t actually watched yet, there probably isn’t a team in the west that IUP can’t beat, but there’s also, with the possible exception of Edinboro, not a team that can’t beat them. In the end though, I think they still face the same question as when Dallis and Clarke were playing. Can anybody outside the big 3 score when those guys aren’t cooking?
                    Edinboro is getting better. Never say never. They gave ESU a serious run yesterday for about 38 minutes.

If (huge if) Cal can ever get healthy I still think they'd be the best team. WCU played out of its mind yesterday and barely beat them.

However, Gannon will likely hammer their makeshift lineup on Saturday.

Danny is likely praying to the Snow Gods this storm hits and the PPD the game.

Comment

Bryce and Stewart went bonkers.

78-48 Final
                      Good....let the Swifties get a taste of their own medicine even if it's not in foosball.

Comment

Somebody has to step up a bit as the fourth option.

Now that Waldo is playing he seems like an option. Time for Joe to take off the diapers.

Petteno does a lot away from the ball but by now it's clear he's not the scorer they thought they were getting. Lambert could be that guy although he never got going last night.

Brooks is actually pretty dominant around the rim (when he catches the ball). They run nothing for him, however.

It's not going to be KJ or Sark. They have a definite red light.

Not many options when you're down to 9 guys.

If they do somehow get Clarke back that obviously changes everything.

Comment

Shepherd guard nominated today for an Oscar.

Lambert (140 lbs) hit this dude and he flew (flopped) like 1989 Tyson decked him.

It was hilarious

Lambert got called lol
                          Shepherd, including their coach, can be a demonstrative bunch.

Comment

• "Danny is likely praying to the Snow Gods this storm hits and the PPD the game."

Ship's game at Bloomsburg has been moved to Friday. Even though Bloom is coming off a hammering (as is Ship to a lesser extent), Nelson has always given Ship fits and he figures to do so again with the Raiders small lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Shepherd, including their coach, can be a demonstrative bunch.
                              I remembered you saying that in the past. Their HC was an odd bird last night. He was quiet as could be the first 25 minutes of the game. Then he went borderline nuts the last 15 minutes. He easily could have been T'd up two different times.

It would be maddening to be a fan of that team. I watch them on the computer sometimes and they look incredible. Last night they lost to IUP's remaining parts by 30.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                                "Danny is likely praying to the Snow Gods this storm hits and the PPD the game."

Ship's game at Bloomsburg has been moved to Friday. Even though Bloom is coming off a hammering (as is Ship to a lesser extent), Nelson has always given Ship fits and he figures to do so again with the Raiders small lineup.
                                Hack-A-Shaq him. Put him on the FT line all day if he's causing problems. Not his strength.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X