Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Gerald Brooks had the 6th year like Cotrell did. It was no different.
    Oh, it was different. Lol.

Just say getting him allowed to play that last year in Indiana wasn't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Oh, it was different. Lol.

Just say getting him allowed to play that last year in Indiana wasn't easy.
      I know what you're saying that it's "different" but rules wise it kind of wasn't.

Comment

Dom Keyes is sitting out this season. He'll retain eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
          Obviously the next question ... why?

Bravado must be pretty slick getting a guy to sit two years and stick around.

Comment

What's your source and why?

Comment

He got a DUI in the summer and would be out suspended most of the first semester, in accordance with an IUP rule. Instead, he's not on the team and will return for the 2019-20 season.

Comment

He got a DUI in the summer and would be out suspended most of the first semester, in accordance with an IUP rule. Instead, he's not on the team and will return for the 2019-20 season.
                Nice. Dumb as$.

Whole semester for a DUI? D1 they get a half game. Was he in the Oak Grove or something?

Comment

Nice. Dumb as$.

Whole semester for a DUI? D1 they get a half game. Was he in the Oak Grove or something?
                  I still recall IUP Homecoming 1990 when several Chinese grad students got themselves liquored up good and ended up getting pulled over in the Oak Grove.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                    I still recall IUP Homecoming 1990 when several Chinese grad students got themselves liquored up good and ended up getting pulled over in the Oak Grove.

-
                    Not funny but, well, kind of ... campus lore at this point.

Do you remember the IUP football player punching the police horse on Homecoming? That would have been around '99.

I'm assuming Keyes got this DUI outside of Indiana County. One of us would have spotted it in the police log.

I'll say this he best not screw this up. He should leave here now with his Masters degree fully paid for, etc. He has to be about 22 now. So figure his last two years playing here he'll be 23 and 24.

One less recruit for next year, anyway.

Comment

Not funny but, well, kind of ... campus lore at this point.

Do you remember the IUP football player punching the police horse on Homecoming? That would have been around '99.

I'm assuming Keyes got this DUI outside of Indiana County. One of us would have spotted it in the police log.

I'll say this he best not screw this up. He should leave here now with his Masters degree fully paid for, etc. He has to be about 22 now. So figure his last two years playing here he'll be 23 and 24.

One less recruit for next year, anyway.
                      https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docket...R-0000295-2018

Comment

Well ...

The season is off to quite the start.

The new shooting guard leaves in late August and now the Keyes DUI / missed season.

They can easily just replace Keyes with Ulrich but the guard thing wasn't fixed.

This is really starting to become the 'drama central' program. It's getting pretty old -- pretty quickly.

Comment

Well ...

The new shooting guard leaves in late August and now the Keyes DUI / missed season.

They can easily just replace Keyes with Ulrich but the guard thing wasn't fixed.

This is really starting to become the 'drama central' program. It's getting pretty old -- pretty quickly.
                          Jesse Huff also apparently ran into some legal trouble and was told not to show up...so he ends up at St. Leo instead.

Comment

Well ...

Yeah, there is some drama but it isn't the end of the world. Morrow going was probably addition by subtraction. Joe probably saw the writing on the wall once he got on campus. I can't fault Keyes, anyone one of us has been behind the wheel after drinking and could've been caught. This team is still one of the teams to beat in this region. Joe will get these guys playing and winning!

Comment

Jesse Huff also apparently ran into some legal trouble and was told not to show up...so he ends up at St. Leo instead.
                              Huff is no loss!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                                Yeah, there is some drama but it isn't the end of the world. Morrow going was probably addition by subtraction. Joe probably saw the writing on the wall once he got on campus. I can't fault Keyes, anyone one of us has been behind the wheel after drinking and could've been caught. This team is still one of the teams to beat in this region. Joe will get these guys playing and winning!
                                The travesty of the Morrow situation was it happened so late there wasn't time to replace him.

I agree they are still in good shape. Just ... stay healthy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X