X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Robert Morris has hired IUP assistant coach Tray Woodall as its new Director of Basketball Operations.

The move was announced this morning.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP (men) opening season in Evansville against Findlay and Ferris State.

https://www.indianagazette.com/news/...vent,26332500/

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Remember tonight.

It's the night Cal was reborn.
    Just recently announced via Twitter ( @CoachMcBride2 ), VULCANS have added Mt Zion Prep 6'6" guard Phillip Alexander and Temple transfer 6'3" guard Isaiah Lewis. Neither seems to be a game-changer, but it does look like he is searching far and wide for potential. Would really like to see some additional bigs. Time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Daylon Harris (Gateway High School and Western Nebraska CC) has officially signed with UPJ.

Real nice pickup. Excellent player at Gateway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Daylon Harris (Gateway High School and Western Nebraska CC) has officially signed with UPJ.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

He is still unsigned as far as I'm aware.

He's a diamond in the rough type ... he can play. I'd love to see him come in as a walk-on and see what happens.

These next two weeks or so will be interesting. Grades will be coming out. It becomes Transfer Season Part 2 around the country.

But, unless there's some big news nobody knows about, I'd say Joe's roster for next year is set -- minus the walk-ons.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Anything ever happen with the guy from Saltsburg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Harford CC's Aaron McDonald signs with Slippery Rock. That's a real nice land for KR and The Rock. McDonald had a ton of offers.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Jake Benhart, Indiana High School, signed with Edinboro.

He's about 6'5" and a 'listed' 185 lbs. Nice career at IHS ... will need to add some serious weight.

His dad is a professor at IUP so he won't be a scholarship hit for EU.

There was some talk over the winter of him being a possible walk-on at IUP but obviously that didn't pan out.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

When you start to talk 'money' ... I put an '*' beside the 'full ride' guys. Unless something has changed over the past year, the last number I heard for full scholarship equivalencies for the program was about 9.5. They do have several heavy-hitter donors so that could have increased. They catch a bit of a break (big one, actually) with the Dante loop-hole being Joe's son and receiving free tuition. This isn't factual but you can put the pieces together pretty quickly based on the money available.

Guards:

Dante Lombardi (Jr. to be) *
    Anthony Glover (Sr.) *
    Malik Miller (So.) *
    Ayron Hutton (Sr.) *
    Milo Luciano (RFR)
    Anthony White (So.) *
    Armoni Foster (Fr.) *

Blake Danielak (Sr. - 6'-7") *
    Willem Brandwijk (Jr. - 6'9") *
    Dom Keyes (Jr. - 6'8") *
    Jerimah Nkumsah (RFR - 6'6")
    Jake Rouse (So. - 6'8")

To give this some context, consider Slippery Rock works off about 4 to 4.5 full-ride equivalencies. In the West, IUP, Gannon, Cal and Mercyhurst are the heavy financial hitters. It really puts in perspective the job Kevin Reynolds has done there playing with half (or less) of house money to field his teams.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

No doubt he'd redshirt. I don't even think there's any money left for him. He'd have to start as a walk-on.

Leave a comment:

• IUPBBall
    replied

If the kid from Saltsburg signs with IUP, there isn't going to be much room for him in the rotation for next year. I could see him playing if some of the guards got into foul trouble, but he would probably be better suited for a redshirt.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Not sure I'm ready to go that far but Bravado certainly addressed some glaring needs with the additions of Willem and Keyes. Keyes brings that instant aggressive spark under the basket. I saw him in a high school game go for 28 points and 25 rebounds. He's a big-time land for IUP -- long, athletic and plays with an attitude (something the team has lacked a bit the past two years).

They needed to get bigger, deeper and faster under the basket. Those two accomplished the task in a big way.

Updated depth chart (no order):

Guards:
    Dante Lombardi (Jr. to be)
    Anthony Glover (Sr.)
    Malik Miller (So.)
    Ayron Hutton (Sr.)
    Milo Luciano (RFR)
    Anthony White (So.)
    Armoni Foster (Fr.)

Blake Danielak (Sr. - 6'-7")
    Willem Brandwijk (Jr. - 6'9")
    Dom Keyes (Jr. - 6'8")
    Jerimah Nkumsah (RFR - 6'6")
    Jake Rouse (So. - 6'8")

I'd have to think Keyes' signing wraps up the class although there's been some talk lingering about the shooting guard from Saltsburg still being in the mix.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

OFFICIAL: Harford PF Dom Keyes (6'8", 210 lbs.) has signed with IUP. He has two years eligibility.
    next two years will be interesting - maybe we'll see regionals at the KCAC

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

OFFICIAL: Harford PF Dom Keyes (6'8", 210 lbs.) has signed with IUP. He has two years eligibility.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X